+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Yep, it's all about intent, and Bruno intended to be vulgar.
    I agree, Bruno was being a pig with that comment. He took advantage of Karina being a cat, and he also wanted to insult Ralph... so he referred to her as a pussy. People can try to make excuses for him all they want, but there is no mistaken what his intent was. He crossed a line and we all know it.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

What I don't get is why they pander to Mark so much? Seriously he's not THAT good; neither is his partner. Why does the show care if he wins or even makes Final 3? I say let him lose...and then lose it! On air!! (wouldn't that be fun to watch??) Who cares? Then they can get rid of the little troll once and for all, with good reason and get him off my TV. There are plenty of other male pros to fill the spot without all the drama and the posturing and the showing off and the ego.

That instant cha-cha created at the last minute SPECIFICALLY to keep M/C on the show and through to the F3 is BS!!! If I were M/C, I'd be ashamed to stay, knowing I didn't earn my spot in F3. But that's me.....seems the little-man doesn't care how he gets there, just so he does. IMO, it takes the enjoyment out of watching the show when week after week, they keep in the celeb/pro that the fans clearly want gone. Best technical dancer or not, I don't enjoy watching someone dance that irritates me half to death.

Bruno has been growing increasingly annoying and unwatchable over the last several seasons and I wish they would replace him although I probably won't watch another season other than to view some of the dances.

I do remember that term being used regularly by Mrs. Slocombe in the hit comedy series, Are You Being Served? It was hysterically funny, but that was a britcom known for being spicy and it wasn't offensive.

This, however, is a variety show, viewed by families, and the term was applied to a real woman. It was not amusing and was in extremely bad taste, which is what Bruno seems to be going for and pushing it further each week.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Has anyone considered that this is a great publicity ploy to get people to watch tonight?? WILL BRUNO APOLOGIZE?? WILL BRUNO AND KARINA MAKE EYE CONTACT?? WILL KARINA WEAR HER PUSSYCAT COSTUME TONIGHT TO REMIND EVERYONE HOW CRUDE BRUNO IS?? TUNE IN TONIGHT!!

Notice how much time has been spent on this topic -- methinks that their ploy may have been successful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Has anyone considered that this is a great publicity ploy to get people to watch tonight?? WILL BRUNO APOLOGIZE?? WILL BRUNO AND KARINA MAKE EYE CONTACT?? WILL KARINA WEAR HER PUSSYCAT COSTUME TONIGHT TO REMIND EVERYONE HOW CRUDE BRUNO IS?? TUNE IN TONIGHT!!

Notice how much time has been spent on this topic -- methinks that their ploy may have been successful!!
    LOL, never thought of that! if it was a ploy, it was certainly the ahem cats meow

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Bruno has been growing increasingly annoying and unwatchable over the last several seasons and I wish they would replace him although I probably won't watch another season other than to view some of the dances.

I do remember that term being used regularly by Mrs. Slocombe in the hit comedy series, Are You Being Served? It was hysterically funny, but that was a britcom known for being spicy and it wasn't offensive.

This, however, is a variety show, viewed by families, and the term was applied to a real woman. It was not amusing and was in extremely bad taste, which is what Bruno seems to be going for and pushing it further each week.
    Word a hundred times to the bolded. I know I sure wouldn't want the attention of millions of viewers being directed to my lady parts. I cringe for Karina's embarrassment at that very moment.

I totally agree - I was using "AYBS?" just as how the term is so misused as sexual not referring to an actual cat.

(IT's also making me nostalgic and wanting to watch the series - it actually does NOT show on our PBS station, a rarity nowadays).

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post

If it was pre-planned, that's even more disgusting but I don't think it was, it was just Bruno pushing the envelope in trying to be funny... NOT!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Bruno, Bruno, Bruno. I read the article in the UK Daily Mail. I honestly don't think Bruno meant any harm, English is not his first language and while he is quite fluent the little nuances do get past him.
    Exactly. This is a mistake I could have made as well. I am Dutch and even though I know a pussy can be a part of a female for me it is also a cat.
    What a nice pussy is what I would say. Glad I am not a judge lol

and the term was applied to a real woman.
    Who was dressed as a pussy. (see my other post)

+ Reply to Thread