+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The UK Daily Mail on-line has an article on Bruno's comments (google Bruno on DWTS to find it). What's particularly good about the article are the still photos showing Karina and Ralph's reactions and the reaction of a woman in the audience to Bruno's comment (the tagline "jaw-dropping" is quite appropriate in that case). I didn't catch Karina saying this, but according to the article she said, "Nasty, nasty. Someone get him a muzzle." I remember thinking she had something, but I couldn't tell what it was.

Anyway, if anyone wants to see the photos or clips of the commentary, they're available with the article.

the Bruno comments were made to take away some of the controversy surrounding the riggaage.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    the Bruno comments were made to take away some of the controversy surrounding the riggaage.
    Yes. I think that's true. IT's like "Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain." I just sent my complaint to ABC, like they really care. At least I feel better. If millions of people would do it, then they may at least have reason to pause.

I have an idea. What if another network starts a similar show that is not full of favorites and padding certain select Disney contestants to win? I would prefer it over what I'm seeing on this show. I just hate the way they threw Ralph under the bus. Also, they could turn on Hines or Kirstie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes. I think that's true. IT's like "Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain." I just sent my complaint to ABC, like they really care. At least I feel better. If millions of people would do it, then they may at least have reason to pause.

I have an idea. What if another network starts a similar show that is not full of favorites and padding certain select Disney contestants to win? I would prefer it over what I'm seeing on this show. I just hate the way they threw Ralph under the bus. Also, they could turn on Hines or Kirstie too.
    The real way to get our message to the producers is to not watch the finale. I've already decided this is what I'm doing. Anyone else?

Just heard what Bruno actually said to Karina that was bleeped. I've given him a lot of leeway over the years, but that was totally inexcusable. And the idea that because she posed in Playboy, she is now fair game is disgusting and sexist. To wit, can you imagine Bruno commenting on Ralph's d**k in the same manner (which I'm sure he's actually more interested in)?

Bruno, Bruno, Bruno. I read the article in the UK Daily Mail. I honestly don't think Bruno meant any harm, English is not his first language and while he is quite fluent the little nuances do get past him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    The real way to get our message to the producers is to not watch the finale. I've already decided this is what I'm doing. Anyone else?

Just heard what Bruno actually said to Karina that was bleeped. I've given him a lot of leeway over the years, but that was totally inexcusable. And the idea that because she posed in Playboy, she is now fair game is disgusting and sexist. To wit, can you imagine Bruno commenting on Ralph's d**k in the same manner (which I'm sure he's actually more interested in)?
    I completely agree. He was WAY out of line!! ABC definitely needs to reprimand him for his words
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I know that this is a dance show and some expect only the "best" to win, but the reality is that once you invite contestants that are a variety of ages, body types, flexibilities etc AND let the audience vote..... it's going to become a popularity contest. I'm ok with that, with the exception of Bristol Palin as she didn't have a fan base per se, her votes were more about a political campaign for her mother. If they're going to fix the ending, then take away the audience votes and let it be what it is, a predetermined ending based on the scores of a bunch of boot-licking judges and production staff. IMO if Kirstie, Hines or Ralph can get the votes due to her popularity and beat out Chelsea... so be it...but to hand Chelsea a spot to final 3 (and you know she's going to get the highest points then to, regardless of how Hines and Kirstie? dance) is embarrassing for them and damaging to the show in the long run as people will stop voting.
    Last edited by northernviewer; 05-17-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I have only been following Ralph and Kirstie this season but actually watched everyone last night. It is pretty obvious that Chelsea and Mark are the team to beat. Hines and Kim are second and Ralph and Karinna and Maks and Kirstie are neck and neck for third place. I do think that the pace of the show and intensity of the practices are really starting to get to Ralph and Kirstie. Both seem tired and lacking in the energy department. Still kudos to Ralph at 49 and injured and Kirstie at 60 and carrying extra weight. As far as quality of performers it is probably one of the highest I have seen for the last four couples. While I am pulling for either Ralph or Kirstie to win I don't think I will be upset at this point if either of the other couples win. Well, except for the fact that Chelsea's partner. Mark's head may swell too much and blow up from his oversized ego. By the way he seems rather mean and a bit of a bully toward Chelsea in their practice sessions.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I know that this is a dance show and some expect only the "best" to win, but the reality is that once you invite contestants that are a variety of ages, body types, flexibilities etc AND let the audience vote..... it's going to become a popularity contest. I'm ok with that, with the exception of Bristol Palin as she didn't have a fan base per se, her votes were more about a political campaign for her mother. If they're going to fix the ending, then take away the audience votes and let it be what it is, a pretermined ending based on the scores of a bunch of boot-licking judges and production staff. IMO if Kirstie, Hines or Ralph can get the votes due to her popularity and beat out Chelsea... so be it...but to hand Chelsea a spot to final 3 (and you know she's going to get the highest points then to, regardless of how Hines and Kirstie? dance) is embarrassing for them and damaging to the show in the long run as people will stop voting.
    So true. I think I may record the show and watch only what I want later. I will not watch Chelsea or Mark anymore nor anymore of the show's tricks to pull them through. I'm done with that.

FORT Fogey

This show is such a waste of time. I readily admit I don't know squat about dancing technicalities, but I do know what is pleasing --to me -- to watch.

Kirstie never disappoints. Sometimes she flubs the steps, but I always smile when she's dancing. And her partnership with Maks is special and fun. To me, that's what this show is all about. Last night she received no criticism whatsoever from the judges, just effusive praise and positive comments, and yet gets only 9's.

Hines is the kind of contestant I enjoy watching too. It took me a while to warm up to him, he was just so stiff and clunky at first, but he got there and now he's a pleasure to watch. Also, his partnership with Kym is positive and uplifting. As much as I enjoyed his performances last night, they weren't perfect, at least to my untrained eyes. The two perfect scores were padded for sympathy due to Kym's injury.

Ralph must have one enormous fan base, for the judges to so obviously manipulate his elimination. He wouldn't ever have won because his latin dances aren't on par with the rest, but it would be far better to let realistic scores and fan voting decide his fate.

Chelsea -- it's all been said and ITA. Mark is just difficult for me to watch. It's like half his body is one step ahead of the other half. It's too frenetic or disjointed or something. Completely overdone. Not pleasing to watch at all.

The perfect ending to this season for me would be Kirstie/Hines F2, but it won't happen. I'll continue to watch until Kirstie is eliminated at F3, and then adios.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread