+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

It was SO obvious to me that Chelsie was going to take the "winner takes all". She must not have a very big fan base like the others and they want her in the final. From the judges comments and the scores that were given last night, I would say they want Chelsie, Hines, and Kristie in the final.

As much as I love Kym and Hines, Ralph really did better (imo) than Hines last night. They are not giving him any props at all. That was OTT giving the points to Chelsea, disappointing. I still think that Hines wins but still that had to be demoralizing for the others. She did ok last night but not 10's.

So relieved that Kym is ok but it seems like she should be taking time off just in case. I am sure the show is very careful with their pros but that looked so awful. Thankfully she is ok.

Hi there. I was really looking forward to watching my downloaded episode but I started reading this thread and when i read about the extra 15 points, like most of you, I knew they were going to Mark.
    Thanks to reading that I decided not to even watch any more. It is so rigged again!

I did watch a little bit but why for one time not give us a fun finale 3 and not a ringer or one of the so called Golden 3 pro dancers.
    It would be nice to have a pro dancer not originally from The US win the mirror ball for a chance. Since season 2 all the pro's who won were from America with 1 exception. Kym Johnson.

Julianne Hough x 2
    Derek Hough x 3
    Mark Ballas x 2
    Cheryl Burke x 2

If you look at these stats it looks to be a definite for Mark Full of himself Ballas.
    Sorry this cannot be a coincidence. Do not tell me they are better than the other pro's.

Winner takes all cha-cha-cha = worst sly gimmick ever. I knew as soon as they announced it exactly how it would play out. How in the world does Hines get two perfect scores and end up 13 points behind the "leaders"? And don't even get me started about Mark "Itls all about me" Ballas and his ridiculous antics. Those shoes are only made to draw attention, which he obviously needs. Ugh, barf!

I tried to vote for Hines and Kym for a solid hour and always got a busy signal.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    DWTS is just starting here on the West Coast and I will be interested to see what ABC does with Bruno's comment.
    I missed the show last night.... what exactly did bruno say to karina??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cyn2much View Post
    I missed the show last night.... what exactly did bruno say to karina??
    She was dressed in a leopard print jumpsuit and, while he was bleeped, Bruno said something to the effect that Ralph was too angry when playing with his pussy. He claimed he meant "pussy cat" when the crowd started booing him. Karina looked like she was about to try and respond and then just buried her head in Ralph's shoulder. Ralph himself definitely did not look happy. CA was clearly annoyed too.

After their first dance, Bruno had also told Ralph that he looked very sexy when he was "stroking his lamppost" but lost it when he took Karina in his arms.

All in all, a very icky night on Bruno's part, and his worst comments were directed at K/R.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    For the first time this season, I voted. Poor Ralph was really thrown under the bus by the judges. Kirstie was very much overscored. Hines and Chelsea were overscored, though not as much as Kirstie. I like Kirstie, but her dancing is not very good and the choreography Maks has given her all season is pretty light. I've never seen any "attitude" in Ralph; nor do I see any with Chelsea. I'm not a big fan of Mark, but I don't see that Chelsea should be penalized for that. I think the girl's a terrific dancer and has an adorable personality. I thought from week 2 that Hines would win this. With Kym's latest injury, I'm very certain that will garner them even more votes than they're probably already getting.
    I so much agree with this. In addition don't think it's quite fair to put Derek and Julianne in the same category with Mark. They aren't even there and it doesn't seem like they deserve criticism when the beef at least this season is with Mark. They (Derek and Julianne) are a joy to watch and are so much more humble and professional and the love of dance just radiates from them. I don't blame them for exiting for something else if the opportunity was there, dancing shelf life is short and they are trying to shore up their futures. Chelsie is just a kid and so it's not her fault and also it seems like she is struggling with Mark's behavior and moods a bit, too. Maybe the show sees how she is struggling with Mark's behavior and gave her the points for that reason? Word to Bruno, you are not funny, you are crass... He is coming across like his mind is permanently in the gutter. Seems they have had to bleep a lot of bad language this season from a lot of people even with Kirsty. I haven't seen them have to bleep Ralph. They should have definitely edited Kendra, that was awful . I hope Ralph pulls off an upset to at least get to the final. I would rather see him than Kirsty at this point because he really has consistently done better at least IMO. On GMA Donny O said he thinks Ralph is going tonight.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    She was dressed in a leopard print jumpsuit and, while he was bleeped, Bruno said something to the effect that Ralph was too angry when playing with his pussy. He claimed he meant "pussy cat" when the crowd started booing him. Karina looked like she was about to try and respond and then just buried her head in Ralph's shoulder. Ralph himself definitely did not look happy. CA was clearly annoyed too.

After their first dance, Bruno had also told Ralph that he looked very sexy when he was "stroking his lamppost" but lost it when he took Karina in his arms.

All in all, a very icky night on Bruno's part, and his worst comments were directed at K/R.
    thanks... it does sound like a very icky night on bruno's part...he has been pushing it lately!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    It was SO obvious to me that Chelsie was going to take the "winner takes all". She must not have a very big fan base like the others and they want her in the final. From the judges comments and the scores that were given last night, I would say they want Chelsie, Hines, and Kristie in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    As much as I love Kym and Hines, Ralph really did better (imo) than Hines last night. They are not giving him any props at all. That was OTT giving the points to Chelsea, disappointing. I still think that Hines wins but still that had to be demoralizing for the others. She did ok last night but not 10's.

So relieved that Kym is ok but it seems like she should be taking time off just in case. I am sure the show is very careful with their pros but that looked so awful. Thankfully she is ok.

I try to stay as objective as possible and to assess it carefully.

For several seasons, I have noticed that the judges strongly appear to be "setting up their final 3". I figured they would manuever it around last night, and to me it was outright blatant what happened - moreso than ever.

Some observations and opinions that I think are fair:

1. Mark and Chelsea's fan base is not all that strong; however, technically, they are the best and strongest dancers in the competition.

I think that the judges did what they could to make sure that Mark and Chelsea just got into the Final 3 instead of being voted out this week.

However, at the same time, I do think they truly believed that Mark and Chelsea's cha-cha was the best.

2. The judges were blatantly maneuvering on their part to see that the F3 were the couples they wanted.

I personally thought Ralph's dances were very good, but I thought the judges were NOT going to take any chances that Ralph pushed someone else out of the F3.

I think the judges perhaps thought Ralph could possibly push Mark and Chelsea out. Again, I don't think Mark and Chelsea's fan base is as strong as the others', so Ralph got bad comments and lower scores.

3. I felt as badly for Hines as everyone else did. My heart was breaking for him as that big, tough football player stood there and cried, but Hines did not deserver straight 10s on those 2 dances. That was emotion voting on the part of the judges.

If they had voted for Hines' s cha-cha over Chelsea's cha-cha in the instant dance, it would have been ridiculously obvious, and someone in the media would have jumped straight on it for what it is.

The judges had already achieved what they felt they needed to do which was to line up their preferred top 3.

4. Based on seasons past, my observation is that the judges now have their contestants in the order they want and can manage:

Hines doesn't have the skill that Chelsea has, but he has the huge popularity, so the judges will give him high enough scores to help compensate.

Chelsea has the skill, but she doesn't have the fanbase and popularity. The judges will have an idea of that.

Kirstie will never get high enough scores to do anything but to come in 3rd place regardless of how popular she is.

Hines will be 1rst, Chelsea 2nd, and Kirstie 3rd.

Think back on the past few seasons. It has worked out this way more often than not.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I am thankful for Kym that the outcome of her fall was not more serious. I have seen similar freak accidents leave a person paralyzed. Thank heavens she is ok.

Last nights show was disgusting. A blatant move by the judges to keep Mark and Chelsea in.......if they are going to do it I would be a lot happier to see them do it honestly by saying the judges get to select 1 pair that they want to see in the finals who would get an automatic placement in the final 3. Having the other couples have to waste time and energy on a dance that they have no chance of winning is shameful.

Bruno was way out of line with his comments and should apologize. None of the judges should be allowed to make offensive comments about the dancers. They should score and critique not insult and demean.

If Mark and Chelsea make it to the final two I hope everyone no matter who they have been rooting for all year will give all their votes to the opposing contestant. Everyone here deserves it more than Mark and Chelsea and maybe if there was a big enough gap between Mark and the winning party it would finally send a message to them that we don't want Mark Ballas shoved down our throats. (I have always wondered if the Ballas dance corporation has a stake in the production of this show?)
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

+ Reply to Thread