+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Whoever came up with the winner take all cha-cha contest needs to be fired. What a joke and I feel that way no matter who ended up being awarded the extra 15 points tonight.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Wow I have a feeling Mark better make sure he carries water with him everywhere he goes. I doubt he could find someone to throw water on him if he was on fire right about now,lol. wow
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

Good point about not being able to judge male vs female for a single trophy...you're right that their role in dancing is so different.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Whoever came up with the winner take all cha-cha contest needs to be fired. What a joke and I feel that way no matter who ended up being awarded the extra 15 points tonight.
    Why not just have a marathon dance? This was basically the same thing, except all the couples got points. I wouldn't be too surprised to see it return next season, but it's certainly taking a lot of backlash online. I haven't seen anything positive. It's all the same: it was set up for Chelsea to win and ensure her a spot in the finals. And what is it with all the cha cha dances? Cha cha for this, and before the team dances. Can't they do another style? I feel like if we did do a group dance or marathon dance that would have been a cha cha, too. I think they need to cut back on all these overscoring couples and throwing in dances that are going to get scored, just to give someone an obvious edge. Season 9 was the worst for that. I miss the good old days, of just a cheesy group dance, and then starting week 7, 2 individual dances. I feel like the more dances they do, the worse the quality. None of the second dances tonight were very memorable. I think it's hard on the pros and the celebs. But of course, they need something to keep this show at 2 hours I don't get that. FF through so much crap during it, I can watch it in about half an hour.

And Brooke is pretty, but how the heck did she ever get a job in TV? That coin toss was hysterical She seems so oblivious when she does something wrong. Not that Tom needed it, but she really makes his hosting abilities look good.

Regarding Bruno, I remember reading a comment once from Karina a long time ago, when she mentioned the ringer Billy Ray got rung through. Bruno one week was especially harsh to him (IIRC, Billy even made a remark about pot calling kettle when Samantha asked him). Karina said Bruno came up after the show and basically was trying for the 'no hard feelings, it's a TV show, so I had to say it' deal. BR wouldn't have any of it. So makes me wonder if Bruno goes backstage and tries to make amends but puts up his tough guy front on camera.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-17-2011 at 01:45 AM.

I really hope the producers' minions read this (they'd be crazy not to).....to see how popular this winner-take-all cha-cha is with the viewers. It's the dumbest thing they've ever thought of, and you're right, Love_Me, the person who came up with the idea should be fired. Absolutely ridiculous.

Boy, would I love to see Mark go tomorrow night.

FORT Fogey

I agree that I'd rather see group dances that weren't scored at all than marathon dances or winner take all dances. And yeah, we've seen way too many cha-chas this season. The least they could have done was chosen a different dance.

I would also much rather see two well done dances than two dances plus one (or two) short insta-dances. I don't see the point in pushing the celebrities that much, especially when it doesn't result in anything that's really worth watching.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    What a ridiculously lame and pathetically transparent set up so Chelsea/Mark don't get eliminated.

Guys, What's the number to vote for Maks/Kirstie? Thanks!
    They see 40 seconds of dance with maybe less than 4 minutes prep for Hines since they went first, and this could decide the entire season because of the 15 points. Of course it was hard to judge.

I really am against this. It seems so transparent to me also. I am beyond disgusted with Mark this season. He breaks the rules and benefits at every turn. I hold the judges and the producers responsible. Who are they trying to woo...the Disney crowd. I think the fact that two of the last four contenders are 49 and 60 should show they have a broader audience base than just the tweeners.

FORT Fogey

I agree with all who didn't like the 15 point cha cha.

Still, I think Kirstie can survive it. I have to believe her fan base is much larger than those who remain. I hope so anyway.

I had to come on here and vent about that ridiculous winner-takes-all fifteen point cha-cha-cha! That was such nonsense! There was no suspense, because it was going to be Chelsea no matter what the others did! I would be really ticked off if I was Hines! He gets two perfect scores and then has to dance a third time, actually doing it two times and gets ZERO points!

I think the only reason they are doing this is because the judges want Mark and Chelsea in that final three. I think they may be afraid that Ralph is popular enough to get into the top three. I understand the idea behind it, but I don't like the way they are doing it. They have to give some points to the other dancers. This seems terribly unfair. Hines actually won the night, but now trails Chelsea by thirteen points!

The judges already have 50% of the vote. The viewers get the other 50%. I think that's more than fair.

Hines is my favorite and I didn't like seeing him dancing only to get nothing out of it. I am also very happy that Kym is okay! Their Argentine tango was just brilliant!

FORT Fogey

ABC/Disney obviously is Disney heavy at this point. They have basically given up on adults, and go for the tweens in well over 50% of their shows. They should just move DWTS to the Disney channel, and have all the Disney stars dance with a Ballas or a Hough. I would rather them do that, and give me a DWTS with the mature stars and pros on ABC.

ABC just keeps proving that someone in their heirarchy of power is tween crazy. They do not care if it actually is their audience or not they are in love with that crowd. Ralph and Kirstie are two of the oldest competitors, and yet they have to give the Disney star 15 free points to keep her, but they think that is their audience. If that is the audience, than why do they have to go to games? I think Disney/ABC needs a complete overhaul of power as they are sliding and getting heat everywhere. They are sending a horrible message we love tweens and sexual inuendo, and those two mixed is not a good thing.

I hope that Mark and Chelsea go, but as CA pointed out so eagerly we the judges have the power and the fans cannot save their favorite so I will just continue to ff Mark and his ringer of the season and watch the ones I enjoy.

On a side note, Hines, Kirstie, and Ralph are three of the most respectable people that I have ever had the pleasure to see on tv. It is truly magical what all three have acheived. I cannot believe how happy Karina and Maks are this season, and I give their celebrities some credit for that. I also have to say what an awesome wife and mother Hines and Ralph have. You can just see the love in their eyes for their boys.

I do not know if Kym or Hines are married, but man they make a beautiful pair, and if they are married you can tell they will be lifelong friends because the respect for each other is evident.

+ Reply to Thread