+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Well, I'm 22 and they don't appeal to me! I loved Cheers and the Karate Kid! Even if I didn't, however, the younger dancers on this show generally don't appeal to me...I prefer the older, non-disney tween ones most of the time, with the exception of Monique from HSM S3 and Kyle Massey last, whom I enjoyed soo much last season. I didn't even really care for Shawn Johnson and while Sabrina Bryan was amazing, she was obviously such a ringer that it wasn't even funny. I'm more impressed when a football player or an older person or someone who has really never danced before comes in and gives it their all, which is why I loved this season at the start.

I don't know, I just wish they would let this show run naturally and not try to manipulate us or push us one way or the other...it's really starting to bother me and if Mark wins this season, I may not tune back in.

They are slowly turning a season that I absolutely loved at the start into one of my least favorite seasons ever.

Me too! I even pointed out in my rant to ABC I fall into the precious demo they court so badly, and I hate what they're turning the show into. I may take my demo elsewhere. This season started out great. Everyone was really good, no horrible clunkers except Mike and Wendy, and they went first and second. Everyone really was even, with potential to build. The show should have left it alone, and maybe realized that the season wouldn't be a waste if Mark didn't make it to the freaking finals. Everyone, except Mark, were very pleasant and fun, all appreciating the experience and enjoying themselves. Then the judges had to step in. Next season, it'll be the same thing, except a different star paired with Derek. Unless he doesn't come back, then I guess Mark gets to win again. And again. Anna, Karina, Tony, Louis-you have no shot to ever win.

FORT Newbie

From the beginning of this season, I've thought Ralph and Hines had potential and loved both their personalities. It's been obvious to me who the judges favorites are. They were so picky with Ralph from dance1 that I decided to give him all my votes. With the low scores lately, Ralph must have a strong fan base to have kept him in the competition. I hope it continues this week because although I don't care if he gets a trophy, I think he deserves to be in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I saw your post a couple of days ago, Kara, about this being a fix and knew that you were right (because you always are ) but didn't have a chance to respond to it. In reality, though, it was even more obvious than expected seeing it play out. If it wasn't a fix to boost Mark/Chelsea at least one of the judges would have voted for Hines/Kim over them considering they were far better.
    I agree too - LEN of all people should've known that Chelsea and Mark's dance was not a true Cha-Cha and blatant free and should've given his nod to Hines and Kym. Yes, he'd still lost 2-1, but it would've been a better and less blatant result.

Worse, it puts a bad light on Len, who out of the three I've respected his opinon the most.

Tom does at times appear like he's phoning it in, and we may be seeing his opinions show in his comments. Fortunately he has a way of handling it that is subtle so it shouldn't harm him long term.

DWTS is just starting here on the West Coast and I will be interested to see what ABC does with Bruno's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia97 View Post
    From the beginning of this season, I've thought Ralph and Hines had potential and loved both their personalities. It's been obvious to me who the judges favorites are. They were so picky with Ralph from dance1 that I decided to give him all my votes. With the low scores lately, Ralph must have a strong fan base to have kept him in the competition. I hope it continues this week because although I don't care if he gets a trophy, I think he deserves to be in the finals.
    I hope Ralph makes it through. I'm not worried about Hines. He's got it. Mark, by some miracle, will be gone tomorrow. I'd even compromise and take Chelsea to the finals, withouth Mark, and if her winning didn't count for him. I do think she isn't bringing in enough votes to compensate for the other fan bases, and this will give her just enough. A site I visited posted a hypothetical with scores, and if Chelsea came out on top. They said Ralph would need close to 90,000 extra votes to catch up to Chelsea. That was, I think if she got a perfect 75. So it's probably close. Poor Ralph. Such a great guy, he deserved better.

I really am over Mark...as a dancer, I take NOTHING away from him...it's beyond obvious that he is extremely talented, but his attitude is just so annoying. This show owes him NOTHING and I don't get why they feel like they owe him so much. They really owe those others pros who come back season after season, despite the apparent unfair treatment!

I just wonder who is telling the producers that Mark Ballas is somehow bring in the ratings? Because its obvious that he is last on the favorite list compared to the likes of Maks, Cheryl, Kym and a few others.

Ah well, I'm all voted and what have you, so I'm going to bid you guys goodnight and hope that we all get the result we want tomorrow night!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

ABC needs to sell out anything adult and go straight for the tweens period. They are making huge judgement errors all over the place. First, they cancelled All My Children after years of garbage the fans hated with underwear models taking over, and all their little pets getting airtime despite the fans outrage. Now, DWTS is losing it. If Mark and Derek are so popular, and it is what the fans want to see, why do they have to manipulate so much? I think that whomever is in charge of their stuff is clearly delusional, and needs to be replaced. Kirstie, Ralph, and Hines are three of my favorite contestants ever, and Chelsea who cares another Disney star that I do not even know, and Mark man go away with your buddy Derek and Julianne who also think they are too good for the show.

You know, just when I think this show is back on track, Bruno comes out with a completely disrespectful comment about Karina Brooke fumbles a coin toss, and they give away a finals spot to Mark with a fake winner-take-all-cha-cha. If CA had spotted an illegal lift, it would have been the icing on the cake. What's with it with these people?

I want a full apology from Bruno (nasty man), and Hines, Kirstie and Ralph in the finals. Then I want Brooke replaced (finally, pleeze!), and permanent replacements for CA and Bruno. I liked that Donnie guy from a few weeks ago. Until then, Bruno needs a very short leash.

( I never thought I would ever get the chance to use that smilie!)

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    ABC needs to sell out anything adult and go straight for the tweens period. They are making huge judgement errors all over the place. First, they cancelled All My Children after years of garbage the fans hated with underwear models taking over, and all their little pets getting airtime despite the fans outrage. Now, DWTS is losing it. If Mark and Derek are so popular, and it is what the fans want to see, why do they have to manipulate so much? I think that whomever is in charge of their stuff is clearly delusional, and needs to be replaced. Kirstie, Ralph, and Hines are three of my favorite contestants ever, and Chelsea who cares another Disney star that I do not even know, and Mark man go away with your buddy Derek and Julianne who also think they are too good for the show.
    The ratings didn't take any huge nosedive when Julianne and Derek left. And if Mark left, they aren't going to take a dive, either, unless they stack the cast with Christine O'Donnell, Gloria Allred, Speidi, and Jesse James. I don't understand the fascination with Mark. Even if I was 13 again, I wouldn't get it. I don't even find him good looking. Derek? Yeah, I'd definitely crush on him if I was a tween. I think he and Julianne have really attractive genes (not to mention talented). Mark's become so desperate for acceptance, and to prove he's right and the best, it's not even funny, and beyond pathetic. If winning a mirrorball is so important to him, that he can't even have fun and take the show for what it is, he needs to move on. Oh wait, no other offers have come his way like that of his BFF. I really hope Derek doesn't return next season. I know he's not Mark, but Mark and the producers have completely soured me on all 3 of them. Well, not Julianne, I don't think there was the huge love affair we see with the 2 guys. Which I guess isn't a surprise, between CA and Bruno with their boy crushes.

I saw your post a couple of days ago, Kara, about this being a fix and knew that you were right (because you always are ) but didn't have a chance to respond to it. In reality, though, it was even more obvious than expected seeing it play out. If it wasn't a fix to boost Mark/Chelsea at least one of the judges would have voted for Hines/Kim over them considering they were far better.
    I just watched the cha cha challenge; I wasn't going to but figured why not, I'm already in a foul mood over this show. They didn't even try to hide it! Seriously, Mark is such a douche. I guess CA and Bruno having the enormous egos that they do, they must stick together with Mark. He is so disrespectful and acts like he's above it. I'd love nothing more than for him to not be asked back next season, especially if there's outrage. But I'm dreaming. Just like I am with them going home tomorrow. It'll come down to Kirstie and Ralph, who I think will be the real bottom 2. Since they do the whole fake thing, they might really stick a fork in Ralph and put him in the fake bottom 2 with Hines. They shouldn't even wait for Tom to read the results. Just read them themselves: 'the couple with the lowest votes and therefore leaving tonight...me and Karina'.

I've read DWTS has managed to pass AI in overall viewers for the past few weeks, so that's even further speculation that I think they want Chelsea/Mark to win, to hopefully gain younger viewers. Yeah, we're young! We're cool! We're hip! Our judges talk dirty. Our "star" dancer is a giant spaz. Watch us young people! I also think Tom hinting about Chelsea/Mark going home was a load of crap, and probably fueling the fire more to vote for them. All my votes went to Ralph.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-16-2011 at 11:49 PM.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Kirstie, Ralph and Hines got my votes online and telephones. I am seeing RED, just thinking about the blatant favortism given to Chelsea & Mark. There seemed a lack of enthusiasm in the audience response as well. Those 15 points they were awarded, will be hard to overcome with our votes. It seemed all planned to save them from a backlash. Maybe next week???

+ Reply to Thread