+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Gee, you think Tom's comment about "best dancers going home before their time" and the examples all being young 'uns, was any indication of how this is going to go?

Especially since his first example was Sabrina....

Note to producers: most of your audience is well beyond the Disney-watching age. That may have something to do with those eliminations.

I didn't notice the show complaining when the ultimate tween queen Shawn beat Gilles.....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by miccisue View Post
    I'll agree with that. I can't say Chelsea is a bad dancer....but I can't say she's a great one, either. Mark is so over the top, you basically don't see her. And yeah, she can shimmy the fringe, but that does not a dancer make. I'm 55, out of shape, and carrying a few extra pounds but even I can make fringe shimmy like that (not that anyone would care to see it, )

Kirstie, Kirstie, Kirstie!!!!!!!!
    Please Kirstie, Kirstie, Kirstie. Yet in the past, they have had the points staggered so every couple walked away with some points. Not fair, maybe the judges realize Chelsea has a lower fan base.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    In the beginning, Bruno was funny. But each season, he is more disgusting and over the top. He thinks he's funny and overdoes it all the time. He's on my last nerve this season.

Props to Kirstie and Max, Hines and Kim...I want them in the F2. I like Ralph, but I think Kirstie and Hines are better dancers.
    I don't know what to make of Bruno. Obviously being over the top, jumping out of his chair, feeling himself up, and giving stupid comparisions to fairies and unicorns has worked, but it's gotten work. He's down right mean at times. The prize is a cheap mirrorball and 15 minutes (or seconds) of fame. It's fine to critique, but the judges don't play fair, and that's completely obvious. He's taken it to the next level and apparently thinks if we're offended, that's our problem. He crossed the line tonight by saying that to Ralph and Karina.

15 points is WAY too many! That is really unfair stacking!

Hines is easily taking the first round....next up Kirstie and Chelsea....I hope Kirsite takes her skinny butt out! I doubt it, but it would be great!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    So how does this cha cha challenge work? Two couples go head to head, one is eliminated, then the last two go head to head? And only one gets points?

Yep that's it

FORT Fan

If this is to ensure that Mark gets into the final - then Brooke and Tom need to stop telling everyone to "Vote for your favorites!". Notice they never say "Vote for the best!".

Now we don't want a travesty of a Kate or Bristol or Kenny Mayne who couldn't dance their way out of a paper bag to win, but come on! That's why the judges vote is only supposed to count for 50% of the scoring.

Why even bother with this cha cha charade? Its so FIXED its not even funny.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Gee, you think Tom's comment about "best dancers going home before their time" and the examples all being young 'uns, was any indication of how this is going to go?

Especially since his first example was Sabrina....

Note to producers: most of your audience is well beyond the Disney-watching age. That may have something to do with those eliminations.

I didn't notice the show complaining when the ultimate tween queen Shawn beat Gilles.....
    The show has been trying everything to skewer to the younger crowd by trying to promote younger stars, flashy rule breaking routines, controversial celebs and judges, hip hop routines during the results show, and it hasn't done anything to increase their hold on the younger demo. They need to stop, because they're ruining a perfectly good, solid ratings show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Ralph and Karina's joie de vivre is gone.
    They're seeing the handwriting on the wall. The "winner take all" cha-cha isn't just about keeping dancers from going home before their time. It's about circumventing the possibility that dancers the audience like will be kept over those they like less.

And where, may I ask, was such a "winner take all" dance when we all desperately wanted Bristol and Mark gone?

So I take it Chelsea won round 1?

+ Reply to Thread