+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 "Best Performances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/10 "Best Performances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I think if Mark wins it's going to actually harm the show in the long run, as it's going to discourage the pros from even wanting to be on the show as they know they're not ever going to win. I've found the judges to be less critical of the stars attempts at dancing and haven't been as rude in their comments this year, so that might encourage more stars to at least give this show a try, but if the same pros are always winning and getting matched with the best dancers it starts to look like it's a "fixed" ending... the show loses credibility, the ratings will drop and quality of the stars will decline. JMHO
    It didnt harm the show when Derek kept getting paired with the best! seems like it just keeps going, albeit they are running out of ahem, Stars.

Maybe they are running out of stars because they refuse to give an actual accounting of the votes.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It didnt harm the show when Derek kept getting paired with the best! seems like it just keeps going, albeit they are running out of ahem, Stars.
    I think a lot of it depends on the celebrities. Not always for the best, but Bristol, Kate, and Pamela brought high ratings with them. Drama, injuries, and controversy bring high ratings. And even without all of the above, DWTS is still having a good season, ratings wise. Makes me wonder in the fall how it'll fare against The X Factor (which I have no intention of watching, even though I originally planned on it). Derek has a huge fan base, but I think the average home viewer probably doesn't keep track, and even if they do, probably don't care. Everyone's got their own take what should win this show and whether or not it matters that the same pro continually gets the luck of the draw.

I just hope Mark doesn't keep the streak alive. I can only hope his fan base won't be bigger than Hines or Kirstie's, and that the judges don't overscore him to get a win. I don't feel like Chelsea would have made it this far without Mark, as I feel she's got a bit of a 'tude as well. Mostly I pity her because she's with Mark, but she lost me tonight.

I think the show would be more credible if they ditched counting the scoring of the judges altogether, and made them just a token score and that the fans get to decide who goes to the end - just like they do on American Idol - the judges critique the performance but the viewers decide who goes forward and eventually wins. The rankings that the judges give for the final 3 gives them the ultimate power and that's what bugs me the most about how the show is set up.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

I think what some forget is that we should be voting for the stars that are dancing, not the professionals. The "star" that dances the best and improves is the one that should be voted for, not the professional. Everyone loves Maks and wants to keep him around, but the last 2 weeks, his partner has lost steps completely. Even she admitted it. Should she still be here? No. Romeo was not my favorite, but he has improved so much. He should have stayed and either Ralph or Kirstie should have been gone.
    It you truly are voting for best dancers, then it should be either Hines or Chelsea. But we know this is not how the majority vote.
    As far as Derek winning multiple times, well if you give someone a semi-pro dancer, then of coarse they should win.

I kinda disagree with your philosophy on the show. this really isn't a dance competition, in the truest sense IMO, otherwise they'd only cast young, flexible, skinny people that are in the entertainment field where some type of choreography is involved.... but they don't. They cast old astronauts, middleaged actresses, reality stars with no rythm etc etc. They should all have equal opportunity to win, based on improvement, likability factor and fanism. The best dancer shouldn't necessarily win, as we all know who that is on night one or two....so for the judges to basically decided on point system just isn't fair when you take into consideration that they don't hold auditions to see who even gets to compete in the first place.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

FORT Fanatic

The mistake the producers made in this show, was using the same pros season after season, which allowed each pro to build up a huge fanbase. They should have rotated their pros every season. The pros are now the stars, not their partners. And if this was a true dance competition, they wouldn't have Carrie Ann and Bruno judging, who have absolutely no background in ballroom dance at all. While Len may be stuck in the old way of doing things, he does at least have the credentials to back up his judging.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its my opinion.I just think she is using this show to get thin, she is fine as she is, but on top of that imnsho she's a an awful dancer.My BF is great dancer , light on her feet and she is the same weight as Kirstie is.She is 2 years older and I am same the same age.I will cheer and vote for The smug one, at least they try!
    And how long has your friend been dancing though? From the looks of things Kirstie hasn't or has little experience. And, when you're given as much flak as she has from people such as yourself regarding her weight, someone like Kirstie will do what she can to lose weight.

This is the problem I have - it's irritating when ringers such as Mark get good dancers but others have to work to earn it.

If you think Mark and Chelsea - two good dancers already are just "Trying" then again you're opinion, but IMHO they're nearly ringers as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    And how long has your friend been dancing though? From the looks of things Kirstie hasn't or has little experience. And, when you're given as much flak as she has from people such as yourself regarding her weight, someone like Kirstie will do what she can to lose weight.

This is the problem I have - it's irritating when ringers such as Mark get good dancers but others have to work to earn it.

If you think Mark and Chelsea - two good dancers already are just "Trying" then again you're opinion, but IMHO they're nearly ringers as it is.
    I don't think Chelsea's improved at all, her dancing this week is the same as the first week....so that either makes her a "ringer" or the least improved, so either way... she needs to go home

M GF had been dancing for about 3 years, but she knows to eat before she dances.Kirstie's weight goes up and down, if she is in the limelight, she tends to lose weight.If she isn't doing anything she will gain it back. This show has had ringers since conception. I want Hines to win. I enjoy Mark and Chelsea.I like to see them dance, I dont need a love story or sexual tension and or chemistry

+ Reply to Thread