+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 "Best Performances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/10 "Best Performances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wanted Kirstie to go so badly I think she looks horrible, I think she should diet elsewhere, and not use this show! I really liked Romeo, and although I don't love Mark and Chelsea, at least they put some oomph into it...max is a egomaniac and Kirstie seems to flop around, and hair twirl..I wont even watch the elimination show
    Hmm... you are entitled to your opinion; however, this is not a beauty competition, it's a dance competition. I get irritated with people who think that you have to be a thin waif with gossamer thin barely there tops and briefs to dance in these things.

Kirstie is also 60 years old I believe and I think if I look nearly as good as she does at that age I'll be rather happy. I was stunned to find out she was that old. I thought at most she was in her mid-50s.

And I'd take "egomaniac" Maks who gets frustrated, lets it out and continues, than entitled smug let's break the rules attitude that Mark and Chelsea have. Their dances last night were NOT better than Kirstie and Maks' dances - particularly their AT, but they were still scored higher.

I do not think the judges really like Ralph and I do not think they will score him high enough to win. I bet he is the next one out because the judges will score him so low that no fan base can save him. They will have Marks scores high enough to stay no matter what America does.

Glad that Kirstie and Maks and Ralph and Karinna are still in it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

At this point in the competition, I would prefer that it be ALL audience scores. That way, it truly is the public voting on their favorites. Personally, I don't like Mark (or his dad and don't really think a lot of his mother, wow-that's a sad comment), and I would like to see him gone. Chelsey, unfortunately has the bad luck to be his partner and therefore, my opinion of her is tainted. BUT, until this season I really didn't like Karina, but she's shown a softer side this season, she found the right partner (and is probably finally happy in her personal life) and now I'm liking her. So, I know opinons can change, but it would take a HUGE personality change (as in transplant) for me to EVER give a single vote to Mark (or his buddy, should he return). That's why I think the judges should stay out of the mix from this point forward, let the fans REALLY decide the winner, that seems fair.

Pssst, TPTB, are you listening (reading)?
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Hmm... you are entitled to your opinion; however, this is not a beauty competition, it's a dance competition. I get irritated with people who think that you have to be a thin waif with gossamer thin barely there tops and briefs to dance in these things.

Kirstie is also 60 years old I believe and I think if I look nearly as good as she does at that age I'll be rather happy. I was stunned to find out she was that old. I thought at most she was in her mid-50s.

And I'd take "egomaniac" Maks who gets frustrated, lets it out and continues, than entitled smug let's break the rules attitude that Mark and Chelsea have. Their dances last night were NOT better than Kirstie and Maks' dances - particularly their AT, but they were still scored higher.
    Its my opinion.I just think she is using this show to get thin, she is fine as she is, but on top of that imnsho she's a an awful dancer.My BF is great dancer , light on her feet and she is the same weight as Kirstie is.She is 2 years older and I am same the same age.I will cheer and vote for The smug one, at least they try!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

It's kinda funny how things work out. Years ago, Romeo was supposed to be on the show but had to drop out so his Frankenstein father took over for him and we all know how that turned out. I truly believe he wouldn't have lasted at that point in time. But he's had a few years of maturity, still thought it wasn't all that cool to dance, but has grown before our very eyes into a fine dancer with elegance and some swagger thrown into it as well. It took me awhile to get on board with Romeo but each week he continued to surprise me and I enjoyed his dances with Chelsie. He indeed did go out on a high note, that tango was all kinds of awesome. I was hoping it was Ralph going home, as it would have been awesome to see what Chelsie would pull out for a freestyle.

At this point I'm still on the Hines train for the win. Kirstie couldn't possibly win, even if she makes it to the finals. The freestyle is not Mak's strong suit. Much as I love him, his freestyles in the past weren't winner's dances.

As much as I can't stand Karina, she is a good choreographer but Ralph is just awkward. Latin dance is not his friend, but ballroom is. So if she has to choreograph ballroom for a freestyle, again that won't be a winner's dance.

For those reasons I think it will be a Chelsea and Hines final. I like her, but like most of you here, can't stand Mark. He has gotten worse this year and the out dancing his partner is just a turn off. What it comes down to is the 2 best dancers with the freestyle being the deciding factor. Goooooooooooo Hines!!

Romeo was a class act. I had my doubts about him at first (who could forget his father on the show!!!! ), but he straightened out and I liked his personality and his dancing. Who would have thunk it. It's so close this season that I'm sad to see any of them go right now. Well, except Mark. He does bug me. I'm starting to like Chelsie, but since she's stuck with that partner oh well.

I think if Mark wins it's going to actually harm the show in the long run, as it's going to discourage the pros from even wanting to be on the show as they know they're not ever going to win. I've found the judges to be less critical of the stars attempts at dancing and haven't been as rude in their comments this year, so that might encourage more stars to at least give this show a try, but if the same pros are always winning and getting matched with the best dancers it starts to look like it's a "fixed" ending... the show loses credibility, the ratings will drop and quality of the stars will decline. JMHO
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its my opinion.I just think she is using this show to get thin, she is fine as she is, but on top of that imnsho she's a an awful dancer.My BF is great dancer , light on her feet and she is the same weight as Kirstie is.She is 2 years older and I am same the same age.I will cheer and vote for The smug one, at least they try!
    Oh, I think it's the other way around and it's the show that's using Kirstie She's probably the biggest "star" that the show has had, and her being on DWTS could attract a lot more quality stars to appear on it. And I don't think anybody tries and puts more effort into this show as Kirstie and Ralph
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Just watched Romeo/Chelsie on Kimmel. Really cute interview: Jimmy said at the beginning with a name like Romeo you know it won't end well; Romeo will knows how to pimp all his products and do it casually into the conversation (he got his record company, clothing line, and movie all in the conversation). Jimmy asked if he considered injuring himself like Ralph to get sympathy votes, and Romeo responded he considered falling to the ground and having Chelsie jump on his ankle so he'd have to go to the hospital. Jimmy suggested they should have made out during the dance and that might have gotten them votes. I'm going to miss these two so much. Chelsie's such a doll, and I'd love to see her back next season, hopefully with a partner that's guaranteed the finals. I think she could put on an impressive freestyle. I'm dying to see one from her.

I think if Mark wins it's going to actually harm the show in the long run, as it's going to discourage the pros from even wanting to be on the show as they know they're not ever going to win. I've found the judges to be less critical of the stars attempts at dancing and haven't been as rude in their comments this year, so that might encourage more stars to at least give this show a try, but if the same pros are always winning and getting matched with the best dancers it starts to look like it's a "fixed" ending... the show loses credibility, the ratings will drop and quality of the stars will decline. JMHO
    I think it's obvious the judges follow a script. As was already stated above, they've been hard on Ralph during weeks where he did really well, and if they want a Chelsea/Hines/Kirstie final 3, they may try and get him next week by low balling him and finding the smallest flaws to ding him on. I'm curious what the cha cha challenge/15 bonus point dance was Brooke was talking about. Is it like the marathon dance where they all get points, or just one couple gets an extra 15 tacked onto their overall score? To Derek and Mark fans, it's probably no big deal they keep winning and getting the best pick of partners. I have to say, as big a fan I am of Maks, Tony, Anna, etc, it would get old real fast to see them win season after season. When the cast is announced everyone can pretty much guess who will get the early ouster clunkers, and who will get the ringers. I don't think the judges really base their scores on the technical skills of the dances. I think they judge based on who they like, and who is ratings worthy. I'm sure a big deal will be made of Mark being in the finals and already winning twice, trying for the third time. He and Chelsea have the story line of being rebels and still making it through despite his attitude and disrespect. Their freestyle will no doubt get a 30, so why bother even performing it? The following night, when it's judges only scores, is what I hate. I feel that can easily tip the results to the outcome they want. If Mark wins this season, I'll lose even more interest next time if he and Derek are back, because we already know who will win, or at the very least make it very far. I don't get what's so special about those two, but I think the judges do have their biases when it comes to the pros. Maks and Tony have called CA and Bruno out before, and ultimately if they want they can take it out on their celeb by lowballing their performance. This season has been unpredictable to a point, but it was pretty obvious early on Chelsea and Hines would be making the finals. There's more suspense seeing who will take the third spot, which right now I'm thinking will be Kirstie. And fan favorite Ralph, dealing with an injury and a dance mishap with their paso, will get the boot next week.

+ Reply to Thread