+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 5/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    That comment by Mark made me howl. It only took the guy eight seasons to figure out the point of the show?
    Haha! Me too. I think, with his attitude lately, Mark is trying out-badboy Maks or something. But Mark has crossed the line from cocky to arrogant--in my mind, cocky can be sexy, but arrogance never is.

And another difference between the two men is that Maks truly does showcase his partner. But, despite his cheaply disguised, producer-forced mea culpa, Mark still made sure to out-dance his partner last night.

I missed the beginning of the show last night.
    Can anyone tell me how Ralph got injured?

TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Sabrina Bryan had scored at least one perfect 30 (though not the night she was booted, I don't believe) but in spite of consistently high marks, she was a surprise elimination at week 4.

I also believe that the conversation Chelsea had to "clear the air" with Mark was producer driven to redeem him with the viewers. I just hope it didn't succeed! (From what I've been reading and hearing, Mark has lost a ton of supporters.)
    He still has a ton of rabid supporters, but I wonder if it evens out because every board I visit has even Mark fans wanting to zap him off the TV. I did a quick peek at a few seasons just to see how high scorers fared when they got voted off. Sabrina was I think tied for 4th the week she got voted off, but prior to that had already gotten a perfect score and a bunch of 9s thrown in there. She was considered the one to beat. And in terms of point seperations, Steve Wozniack came in with a 10 for his samba, but survived; Denise Richards and Holly Madison, 6 and 7 points ahead of him, were in the bottom 2. And Melissa Rycroft survived season 8 the week she had an injury and had to get scored by the rehearsal footage, despite coming in at the bottom of the leaderboard with 46. So anything's possible.

I missed the beginning of the show last night.
    Can anyone tell me how Ralph got injured?

TIA
    He had a baker's cyst that formed on his knee, and ended missing practically the whole week of rehearsals.

Hi. Just finished watching. It was so much fun to watch Kirstie doing the AT with Maks. loved that dance. (I always enjoy the Argentine tango)

I want Mark gone but I don't think he will. His partner is too good alas but we can always hope.
    I will have to wait till tomorrow. crossing fingers while sleeping.

P.s I agree that Chelsea pulls very weird faces when she dances. Must have learned that from her partner.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I would just LOVE to see her on this show.
    When I heard her speak (September 2010), she said her agent had supposedly seen the list of "70s stars" they were considering asking, and her name was three down from Florence Henderson's, so she felt she had a chance.

I think the problem with her would be her schedule. Since her first book has done well, she's touring with that, and she also works a lot with PROTECT, a group that lobbies for better laws to protect children, and a number of other AIDS organizations (the guy who played her husband on LHTP, who became a close friend, died of AIDS in the 1980s and she's been an AIDS activist ever since). She's working on another book as well---she was told that the original draft of her first book was so long that if they published it as it was, they'd have to issue handcarts with every copy, so she's got plenty of leftover material she could work with. Oh, and as LHTP is still popular worldwide, she gets asked to speak in a lot of places. They're nuts about her in France, and she loves it there, so she goes there every year too.

BTW, if you haven't met her, she's incredibly personable. I felt kind of bad, because I found her just sitting on the steps of the auditorium where she'd spoken (I thought somebody from the festival could have stuck around and made sure she didn't need anything). We must have just shot the breeze for about twenty minutes about Rose Wilder Lane, who she should ask for as a partner on DWTS, our various pets etc. When somebody else came up to ask for an autograph, they assumed we knew each other somehow--that's how low maintenance she is. At least whoever got her as a partner wouldn't have to worry about her temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I can't even pay attention to their dancing because I'm busy looking at her face. It's the most ridiculous face ever. Does she think she looks badass and sexy? Because I think she looks like a fish. Actually, no... on one of the early episodes of Full House, there was a kid (I think his name was Waldo?) and he always pursed his lips like that and tried to kiss Stephanie. That's what Chelsea looks like when she makes that face.

Also, I may have heard wrong (I usually tune Mark out when he's babbling) but was he complaining about inconsistent scoring between the couples? I found it amusing since he and Bristol were probably the couple to benefit most from inconsistent scoring.
    Perhaps it's method acting? She does provide the voice of Bea on Fish Hooks (Kyle Massey is Milo).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112