+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wonder if this will be a way for Ralph to go out without actually having to withdraw. If he's in the much pain to where he can't continue, they might figure let him go out this way. Maybe they'll just eliminate him even if he wasn't the intended person going home. He's been such a joy to watch with Karina. I'm sure they both feel horrible. I know I do

Please let Mark go home tomorrow. They can keep Chelsea and bring another pro back for her. I just want that smug little troll off my TV. Hopefully he doesn't get the encore tomorrow. Again.
    IF, and I do stress if, Ralph has to leave the competition due to injury, I think they'd let him withdraw instead of being voted out unless he truly is the bottom vote getter. I say this because he's been classy from start to finish, never really complained, been caring to his partner, and overall a good guy. It would IMHO be a disgrace to just let him go out by vote unless that truly were the case.

As far as CAN he do it? - I honestly do not know. I've had a knee injury and they are tough to deal with even mostly healed and doing stuff - hyperextended my knee and still had to perform as a mascot. But, seeing him dance through the injury, I think he could do it. If they are planning on him doing the jive though... no, he'd have to withdraw I think.

Personally, I'm tired of Mark and want him to go home. I like Chelsea, and feel bad for her being partnered with a jerk like him. Game or not, you show respect for someone perservering through an injury and attempting to dance. Ralph didn't just up and say "I can't dance" or do a prima donna thing in the process, hence why the show of respect.

Heck, IMHO even as annoying as Derek can be, I think he'd show a lot more maturity and respect his fellow dancers and attempting to do their best.

Hopefully that will be the case, but I think they're going to keep Mark in there as long as possible, and the bottom two will be Romeo and Ralph with either going home based on skills.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    9-9-10.

I love Kirstie and I want her to stay in as long as possible, but I think that was overscored. I think the judges are absolving themselves of all responsibility tonight and leaving it up to the fans to kick the next couple off.
    I agree.

And I am with everyone on the Chelsea and Hines finale with Kirsty coming in 3rd.

Kym's cosume tonight was breath taking. That pink skirt danced all by itself and Kirsty looked fabulous!

Ralph is probably going tonight. He is going to favor that knee from now on and everyone knows that.

I enjoyed Chelsea and Mark's first dance. Their second dance once again was over shadowed by Mark having to be the center of attention.

Hines and Kym did well. Sometimes I think Hines isn't taking this as serious as the other contestants, but then I see dancing comes natural to him. So it is up to Kym being the pro to push him and come up with creative dances that challenge him.

Chelsie and Romeo's first dance was pretty good, but their second one fell apart.

Ralph looked like he was in pain during the second dance. I see him leaving tomorrow. Which really is too bad.

Maks and Kirstie's Argentine Tango was my favorite dance they have done this season. I loved it. Their salsa wasn't that great, but I enjoy their chemistry.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I enjoyed Chelsea and Mark's first dance. Their second dance once again was over shadowed by Mark having to be the center of attention.

Hines and Kym did well. Sometimes I think Hines isn't taking this as serious as the other contestants, but then I see dancing comes natural to him. So it is up to Kym being the pro to push him and come up with creative dances that challenge him.

Chelsie and Romeo's first dance was pretty good, but their second one fell apart.

Ralph looked like he was in pain during the second dance. I see him leaving tomorrow. Which really is too bad.

Maks and Kirstie's Argentine Tango was my favorite dance they have done this season. I loved it. Their salsa wasn't that great, but I enjoy their chemistry.
    Go Maks! Kirstie looks good, but she is still a big girl, and Maks showed their critics that he could easily carry her weight and dance - not once, but three times, and once by completely picking her up and carrying her down the steps. I guess that ended that!

Kirstie looked wonderful in red last night, and Maks in that outfit? Wow! I know he was hot...I mean, he was wiping the perspiration from his brow, but he was so handsome in that costume!

The insta-dances are never as good, but I was with Len. Even though their dance was more slow and deliberate, the steps and connection were there.

Of course, Kirstie is a bit slower than the younger, thinner contestants, but Max constantly pointing out in rehearsals re-inforces it in the judges' minds.
    I believe they then, therefore, start out with a pre-conceived lower score in their minds for her dance.
    I think those rehearsal clips influence most all of us including the judges regardless of what Conrad the producer says.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I can't even pay attention to their dancing because I'm busy looking at her face. It's the most ridiculous face ever. Does she think she looks badass and sexy? Because I think she looks like a fish. Actually, no... on one of the early episodes of Full House, there was a kid (I think his name was Waldo?) and he always pursed his lips like that and tried to kiss Stephanie. That's what Chelsea looks like when she makes that face.

Also, I may have heard wrong (I usually tune Mark out when he's babbling) but was he complaining about inconsistent scoring between the couples? I found it amusing since he and Bristol were probably the couple to benefit most from inconsistent scoring.

That face Chelsea makes during Latin dances is, I guess, supposed to be "hot," but it looks more like she just took a big bite of a very sour dill pickle. Or like she's trying desperately to keep up with the Mark in the ridiculous face-making department. All it accomplishes is to make a nice-looking girl unattractive.

And you didn't hear wrong--Mark did complain about inconsistent scoring, at which point Chelsea looked embarrassed, as well she should have. They were, what, a point off the top of the leader board? It made Mark seem like he wasn't going to be happy unless he got a perfect thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Alison Arngrim (TV's Nellie Olsen on Little House on the Prairie) was at a book festival I attended, and she said she really wants to do DWTS, because she figures it's basically like being paid to work out and lose weight. Her only concern was that her competitive streak might kick in and she'd start to really want that mirror ball trophy.

Arngrim is pretty darn funny on her own, BTW. I have no idea if she could learn to dance or not, but she'd be a hoot in the interview pieces.
    I would just LOVE to see her on this show.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who suspects that Chelsea calling Mark out at their reheasal was likely producer driven. The producers LOVE him (witness the special performances he gets like the dance-off with Val last season or dancing to his GF's song this season. That exchange helped "clear the air" so to speak and make him seem more likeable. And it gave Mark a chance to say that he wants to "showcase" Chelsea?

"Why start now, Mark? We all know it's been all about you this season."
    That comment by Mark made me howl. It only took the guy eight seasons to figure out the point of the show?

The scores of the top four are so close that it will probably come down to fan bases; only a little over a percentage point separates them. Ralph is a lot farther back, but may get the sympathy vote. Is it possible that Mark and Chelsea might have to pack up their fish faces and their spats and leave tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Well it may clear the air with people who are already in Mark's camp, but for people like me who don't care for him, it just reinforces why I don't like him. No other pro on that show has needed to be told what his job is by his partner.

To me it only makes him look redeemed if you want him to be.

OK, I may have to actually vote tonight. I don't want any funny business tomorrow night with Kirstie's status. I expect a Romeo-Ralph bottom 2, with Ralph (sadly) going.

Oh, but wouldn't it be JUICY to see Mark/Chelsea in the bottom again? The fans need to keep smacking him around!

I agree. Is there anyway with the scores that Chelsea and Mark got that they could be at risk to go tonight? THat would be so great. I do NOT want to see them win this. I would like to see them lose and then Mark storms off and throws a temper tantrum on air! I would love it! He needs a clear message from the viewers. Chelsea would understand. I realize she can't help her partner, but, I'm not wild about her either. I think it would be very nice indeed.

All that drama last night was a publicity stunt to bring Mark back into the graces of the public. Nobody fell for it. Please.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree. Is there anyway with the scores that Chelsea and Mark got that they could be at risk to go tonight? THat would be so great. I do NOT want to see them win this. I would like to see them lose and then Mark storms off and throws a temper tantrum on air! I would love it! He needs a clear message from the viewers. Chelsea would understand. I realize she can't help her partner, but, I'm not wild about her either. I think it would be very nice indeed.

All that drama last night was a publicity stunt to bring Mark back into the graces of the public. Nobody fell for it. Please.....LOL
    Sabrina Bryan had scored at least one perfect 30 (though not the night she was booted, I don't believe) but in spite of consistently high marks, she was a surprise elimination at week 4.

I also believe that the conversation Chelsea had to "clear the air" with Mark was producer driven to redeem him with the viewers. I just hope it didn't succeed! (From what I've been reading and hearing, Mark has lost a ton of supporters.)

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Sabrina Bryan had scored at least one perfect 30 (though not the night she was booted, I don't believe) but in spite of consistently high marks, she was a surprise elimination at week 4.

I also believe that the conversation Chelsea had to "clear the air" with Mark was producer driven to redeem him with the viewers. I just hope it didn't succeed! (From what I've been reading and hearing, Mark has lost a ton of supporters.)

Yaaaaaay! Let's hope you're right.

+ Reply to Thread