+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm glad that Chelsea called Mark out on his poor sportsmanship. While she was cheering on her fellow stars, Mark was staring at his hands and then just had to show Chelsea something on his hand.

Mark gives the appearance that he really isn't enjoying himself and would like to be anywhere but on the set, except when he gets to be on the actual dance floor. At the end of the evening, Chelsea is beaming from ear to ear while Mark looks sullen and surly.

I guess I'm the only one who suspects that Chelsea calling Mark out at their reheasal was likely producer driven. The producers LOVE him (witness the special performances he gets like the dance-off with Val last season or dancing to his GF's song this season. That exchange helped "clear the air" so to speak and make him seem more likeable. And it gave Mark a chance to say that he wants to "showcase" Chelsea?

"Why start now, Mark? We all know it's been all about you this season."

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who suspects that Chelsea calling Mark out at their reheasal was likely producer driven. The producers LOVE him (witness the special performances he gets like the dance-off with Val last season or dancing to his GF's song this season. That exchange helped "clear the air" so to speak and make him seem more likeable. And it gave Mark a chance to say that he wants to "showcase" Chelsea?

Well it may clear the air with people who are already in Mark's camp, but for people like me who don't care for him, it just reinforces why I don't like him. No other pro on that show has needed to be told what his job is by his partner.

To me it only makes him look redeemed if you want him to be.

OK, I may have to actually vote tonight. I don't want any funny business tomorrow night with Kirstie's status. I expect a Romeo-Ralph bottom 2, with Ralph (sadly) going.

Oh, but wouldn't it be JUICY to see Mark/Chelsea in the bottom again? The fans need to keep smacking him around!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

I'll have to watch, but Mark's been getting quite a bit of backlash for a bunch of things this season. So it wouldn't surprise me if this was producer driven to try and counter that. Especially if they really want him in the finals, and really want him to win again. Maks took the heat last season for a bunch of things as well. And Shannon/Derek's rumba meltdown led to them getting booted the next episode. CA and Bruno don't know ballroom, so I can see why they praise Mark; what he does is what they know and like. I do think Ralph and Romeo are the next to go. The finals will probably be a lot more interesting this year. Despite me thinking it'll be Hines/Chelsea, it'll be telling how the judges rank everyone. Mark's fanbase may not be able to counter
    Maks's popularity, Kirstie's fan base, and Hines's fans.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'll have to watch, but Mark's been getting quite a bit of backlash for a bunch of things this season. So it wouldn't surprise me if this was producer driven to try and counter that. Especially if they really want him in the finals, and really want him to win again. Maks took the heat last season for a bunch of things as well. And Shannon/Derek's rumba meltdown led to them getting booted the next episode. CA and Bruno don't know ballroom, so I can see why they praise Mark; what he does is what they know and like. I do think Ralph and Romeo are the next to go. The finals will probably be a lot more interesting this year. Despite me thinking it'll be Hines/Chelsea, it'll be telling how the judges rank everyone. Mark's fanbase may not be able to counter
    Maks's popularity, Kirstie's fan base, and Hines's fans.

I may be going out on a limb here but I think Mark & Chelsea are going next. Just got a feeling that his temper tantrum last week will not go over well with fans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Well it may clear the air with people who are already in Mark's camp, but for people like me who don't care for him, it just reinforces why I don't like him. No other pro on that show has needed to be told what his job is by his partner.

To me it only makes him look redeemed if you want him to be.

OK, I may have to actually vote tonight. I don't want any funny business tomorrow night with Kirstie's status. I expect a Romeo-Ralph bottom 2, with Ralph (sadly) going.

Oh, but wouldn't it be JUICY to see Mark/Chelsea in the bottom again? The fans need to keep smacking him around!
    What the fans have been doing this season is sympathy voting. If somebody falls, but gets right back up and goes at it, then the fans vote for that person. I think the fans are going to back Ralph for the sheer determination he showed in getting out there tonight and giving it an excellent effort in spite of it all with very little bellyaching. He has such a wonderful attitude about things, and I think we are going to see him get a chance to come back.
    He did say his knee was supposed to heal in a couple of days...

Now on the other hand....remember Jake and the way he treated Chelsea in rehearsal? The fans were incensed, and Jake almost was voted off that week.
    We could see Mark in serious trouble if the fans pick up on what Chelsea was saying to him in the clip ( Mark is essentially not respecting her), and the fans react in a similar manner as they did with Jake. They could possibly put Mark in the bottom 2 for real, or even vote him off.
    It has been a long time since there has been a shock - a true shock elimination - and this would be one because technically they are they best dancers.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It's mean, but I'd look forward to seeing Mark eliminated tomorrow if it happened. It wouldn't be the first time a high scoring couple (maybe even the highest of the night) was eliminated even with a tongue bath from the judges. I feel sorry for Chelsea, because she deserves better. I really don't expect them to go tomorrow, sadly, just because I think Mark's fan base will keep him in. Truthfully if he was dancing with a paper bag he'd get votes from his fan base. I don't think it's Chelsea keeping them in. Between getting the top spot, maybe an encore tomorrow, lots of loving from the judges mixed with a little criticism, and the package dealing with his issues, I feel it's all a set up to cast him in a better light. He's been acting like a spoiled brat all season, and last week it seemed to catch up with him. Maybe the producers don't read the boards but figured this was a good way to curb the footage they showed last week. I wouldn't mind seeing Mark and his attitude (which would hit epic proportions if they were eliminated) gone tomorrow, but I think the producers are hoping cramming the top scores and what they might consider a sympathy package to keep him in and show him in a different light. I watched their dances tonight, just to see what went down. Mark was right back outdancing Chelsea in the salsa. I almost think he can't help it. It's like he forgets where he is.

If Ralph had to pull out due to an injury, which I wouldn't be surprised to see happen, I hope they don't just eliminate him but actually have him withdraw. Tom Delay was able to dance with his foot injury, but had to drop out the following day. I hope the same doesn't happen to Ralph

FORT Fogey

I don't discount the possibility that they were trying to put Mark in a better light, but Mark was doing nothing to help their cause if that's what they were after. I didn't think he really looked like he was seriously considering Chelsea's comments to him about his behavior, and he did indeed act annoyed and bored when the rest were applauding Ralph's efforts. Good grief--even the judges gave him a standing ovation for pushing through the pain tonight. Maybe Mark was just upset that his injury earlier in the season--much less painful/serious than Ralph's--was not given the attention Ralph's was. Or Maks', for that matter. Meanwhile, Ralph was being incredibly gracious and brushing off concern over his injury. He was definitely still in competitive mode when asking for fan votes and assuring everyone his knee would be fine in a couple of days, but he was never pushy or whiny about it.

Mark seeming not to be particularly happy about the reception Ralph got, when Ralph's coming off like a great guy to everyone else, is not going to help his case, nor is the package they showed in the early part of the show where he was cursing about the previous week's scores. Too many other people on the show right now--basically everyone but him--appear to be having fun and nobody's complaining about their scores to the extent he is, even those who have landed on the bottom of the leader board. I don't know if Chelsea or Mark's fanbase are enough to contradict that. Personally, I would laugh merrily if Ralph made it through this week and Mark didn't. Either that would teach Mark a lesson or it would give him yet another opportunity to make a jackass out of himself and help him seal his own fate with future audiences.

And yeah, I not only think Mark outdanced Chelsea again in their insta-dance, but I also noticed Chelsea going back to making that odd lip-pursing face that she evidently thinks is sexy or something. When both of them are making faces, it's just too distracting.

I hope that if the tweeners have to vote en masse for someone, it's Romeo. He's obviously working hard and having fun, and Chelsie is a lot easier to take than Mark. Besides, it's about time she got a partner with some potential.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    I'm in! She looks fabulous!
    Alison Arngrim (TV's Nellie Olsen on Little House on the Prairie) was at a book festival I attended, and she said she really wants to do DWTS, because she figures it's basically like being paid to work out and lose weight. Her only concern was that her competitive streak might kick in and she'd start to really want that mirror ball trophy.

Arngrim is pretty darn funny on her own, BTW. I have no idea if she could learn to dance or not, but she'd be a hoot in the interview pieces.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

And yeah, I not only think Mark outdanced Chelsea again in their insta-dance, but I also noticed Chelsea going back to making that odd lip-pursing face that she evidently thinks is sexy or something. When both of them are making faces, it's just too distracting.
    I can't even pay attention to their dancing because I'm busy looking at her face. It's the most ridiculous face ever. Does she think she looks badass and sexy? Because I think she looks like a fish. Actually, no... on one of the early episodes of Full House, there was a kid (I think his name was Waldo?) and he always pursed his lips like that and tried to kiss Stephanie. That's what Chelsea looks like when she makes that face.

Also, I may have heard wrong (I usually tune Mark out when he's babbling) but was he complaining about inconsistent scoring between the couples? I found it amusing since he and Bristol were probably the couple to benefit most from inconsistent scoring.

+ Reply to Thread