+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5/3 "The Encore"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/3 "The Encore"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    The thing about it, karalott, is that is the altercation between Mark and the judges, especially Len, is making for drama and a little entertainment in a somewhat less exciting and tame season - a season in which we have no controversial ringer, political figure, or even elderly figure.

Now, I am not one that is comfortable around confrontation and do not thrive on it, so for me to see that the producers could be behind this by maybe egging a young Mark on says a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark hasn't been spurred on by the producers to come back at Len with some of that sass. Len came right back at him, and the other two responded with aghast looks, and we all reacted like we were supposed to - that bad boy Mark! What an inflated ego...etc.

I tell you what, though....
    If the producers are putting Mark up to this, he and Chelsea aren't going anywhere besides the bottom 3 for the drama.
    That stirs up the controversy, but technically they are the best team out there, and my suspicion is that they will be in the F2 which is the producers' plan.
    Speaking for me personally, I'm glad there's no drama, no one that's controversial like Kate or Bristol, no one lasting longer than they're supposed to, no viewers shooting their TVs out. The cast on paper, and really the show itself, seems like the good old days of DWTS. I still think there's a little overscoring from the judges, and I'm not crazy about some of the themes or dance line ups we've had. Other than that, besides the thorn in my side that is Mark, I'm enjoying it. If Chelsea/Mark were out before the finals, it'd be the first time in a long time I would be happy with any end result. I'm just bored with the Hough/Ballas streak. The producers really need to give it up and give those 2 a spin off if they adore them so much. If I'm right, we might be seeing the same script that'll wind up with Chelsea/Mark winning. The producers didn't have to show the clip, nor did they have to dwell on it, but I think Len sort of put Mark in his place over it. There's a lot of routines I like but they aren't anywhere near technically perfect. It could be the producers are egging Mark on, just like they may try to push the pros to speak up if they don't like something. But imo, I think Mark's got the entitled attitude thinking he deserves better than he's getting and shouldn't be criticized. It goes back what I said before about him: he says he goes outside the box and takes risks, but then when he gets called out for it, or doesn't get a 10, he whines and can't figure out why the judges don't like it. I don't like him, or his style, or his out dancing his partner. I think he needs a break, especially if Derek doesn't come back (which I'm kind of hoping he doesn't).

I doubt Chelsea/Mark were in the bottom 2 for real, and I'm sure there's various reasons they put them there. Either way, they'll probably come back next week, their fan base will vote in droves, and Len will probably give them a 10. Or at least a 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have been a Kendra fan for awhile and supported her, but had given up on her due to the crudeness of her behavior on the show. I do think she redeemed herself though with groweth as a dancer and improved attitude.

I'm not an expert on her, but did watch all seasons of The Girls Next Door and have also watched her show that features her and her husband and their families. Kenda has been a wild child since she was a teen and never thought she would be tamed, but marrying Hank Basket has really turned her around. She does seem to worship him and being a wife and mother. He seems to accept her and when she pushes it too far, he does show his disapproval. She recognizes it, but then usually gets her way. That's my take on it.
    Thanks for helping me understand how she acts this way. Obviously, I'd never seen her on TV before, but I had read about her many times on People.com. Having someone like you, who has followed her career for a while, explain things to me helps! She actually seemed to me like two people on this show - the early Kendra and the after-Louis-talked-to-her Kendra. I think she went out with a lot of graciousness. She certainly adores her family. I hope a little of what she learned on DWTS will help her be more "mannerly" in life!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    So were the two teams divided by TPTB based on who has been getting the most votes this season? Which means Chealsa/Mark and Hnes/Kim have been getting the most votes? Is that how that works?
    I thought it was the highest judges scores, not the most votes. I'll have to re-watch.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    I thought it was the highest judges scores, not the most votes. I'll have to re-watch.
    They did say that the teams were chosen by highest overall scores for the season.

If it was most votes cast and Mark and Chelsea were in that category, I'd be flummoxed!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm guessing it's highest judges scores from the previous week. Typically they've picked the highest scorers as team captains and then they pick from the remaining couples who they want on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm guessing it's highest judges scores from the previous week. Typically they've picked the highest scorers as team captains and then they pick from the remaining couples who they want on their team.
    But Romeo and Chelsea were high scorers the previous week. I think Tom said team captains had the highest overall judges scores this season. I know that Hines is suppused to have had the highest for the season - or at least he did!

I am so disappointed that Kendra was eliminated. Kenda tackled some of the hardest choreography in her solo this week and even her first week performance seemed a bit more complex. I really don't care about her personality though. If anything, she seemed to be trying hard and the whole elegance thing, well she got over that and realized it wasn't personal. Some personalities take things more personally easily and it seemed like she was nervous a lot too which makes everything harder. As somebody who knows what ridiculous nerves can do to you, I'm gonna blame her lack of character or dances a on nerves. I could see them. But her performance this week and last week, I feel like she had potential and was just starting to put it all out there, only to be cut.

I also feel like she should have got 8.5's due to the speed of it. I really despise that there is no half scoring. There is a huge difference beteen 8>8.5 and 9.5>10. Without having .5's, they are dumbing down the accuracy of what they really think of the routines (IMO the majority of 10's should be 9.5 and 10s should only be for the mindblowing stuff). The short lived Skating With The Stars had scoring right as well: one score for technique, another for character/personality. They should change their dated system already.

Meanwhile, Kirstie's solo routine was all over the place and she forgot A LOT of moves in it. It was totally noticeable and Len was the only one to give out a correct score of 6. I really have no idea why she is still here (and Mak's time to win was last year but he was robbed thanks to the Palin army) or what the judges see in her. I want her gone.

Perhaps if the audience could only vote on the 3 lowest ranked dancers it would be better.

I never watch any of these reveal shows anyways... they are long, drawn out farces.

No idea how Mark Ballas acted but personally I consider him the best pro this season for pushing the envelope consistently with his routines. If he has an attitude or might be a diva, oh well, I think he has "earned" it in my book (divas get a bit of a pass if they can put out the big talk they talk). I think with Derek on hiatus, he really wants to settle the score by winning the competition so both of them have 3 trophies and is why he's taking it way more seriously/personally. But really, a lot of the pros have been good this season.
    Last edited by Endit; 05-04-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Okay, my unpopular opinion here:

I am really glad that Mark and Chelsie are staying in the competition. I think that Mark is a gifted choreographer and that Chelsie is by far a better dancer than any of the other celebs.

But, I am also a big Derek fan and think he is an amazingly talented choreographer, dancer, and teacher. IMO, Derek and Mark are fresh, young, and talented, and that is why they do so well on the show.
    Looks like it's you and me against the world whern it comes to Mark I agree totally
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Looks like it's you and me against the world whern it comes to Mark I agree totally
    I don't have a problem with Mark either.

I just don't think that Mark belongs on this show anymore. It doesn't seem like he's there for his "star"..,. it's like he's got his own agenda and doesn't really care if his actions hurts their chances of advancing. Time for him to either move on to big and better things, and if the opportunities aren't there for him... tone it down and do his "job" JMHO of course
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread