+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5/3 "The Encore"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/3 "The Encore"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    No, he won't, but he will probably make sure Derek has a front row seat, so he can hoist him and the trophy up on his shoulders.

If the show wants a same sex couple, maybe they should just pair up Derek, put no one up against them, and only give the judges paddles with 10s on them. Then their fans can watch, and the rest of us can get three hours of our time back per week.
    Either that or his Pa Corky. Chelsea better grab the mirrorball and run for it.

Hey, I said in the episode thread last night, if Mark wins this season, they should rename it 'Dancing With Derek and Mark', let them do solo performances every week, gets 10s from the judges, and flip a coin at the end to see who wins.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Thank you, Kendra the whinny baby is gone. I must admit this show was good for her as she did once or twice show a little bit of maturity.
    I think Louis was good for her. When he told her he that he was disappointed that she said she didn't care about elegance, because he knew that wasn't true, I think that was a real turnaround moment for her attitude wise. In a lot of ways, Kendra is emotionally very young, and he let her know that he wasn't going to have that kind of behavior, but he did it in a way that made it clear that it wasn't just that he didn't like it but that he knew, deep down, she didn't especially like it either. Kendra needs somebody to tell her when she's out of line in a way that makes her reconsider why she is as opposed to making her just want to rebel all over again.

It's kind of nice that she got to go out on a better effort too. Wasn't perfect by any means, but as Len pointed out, she was getting better, even in her dreaded ballroom dances. Plus, she actually looked like she was getting her nerves under control enough to have a little fun. Maybe she won't immediately get defensive when she's pushed out of her comfort zone in the future.

I don't have a problem with Mark at all and I enjoy his work-he has genuine talent and I'm entertained by his choreography. I don't see him hogging the spotlight from his partner and as far as rule breaking goes, well, if people didn't break rules we'd never see change or progress in the arts. I don't appreciate his in your face attitude that can rear it's ugly head, but he is relatively young and I can remember being in art school and being young and self confident sometimes having an attitude- I was young, I felt invincible, I knew I had talent and I sometimes made unwise choices in the way I chose to get my artistic point across- it didn't mean my point of view was wrong, jus tthta i needed to grow a bit. I wasn't quite mature enough yet to be gracious and refined in showing where I could go in bending the rules. But, I learned as i grew. I think it's just a matter of maturing. I like mark's way of looking at dance and I'm constantly amazed at what he dreams up-it might not always be exactly right, but you have to take risks. Yes, he needs to learn to be more gracious but I see nothing wrong in questioning Len in of itself.
    So feel free to throw the rotten tomatoes! I'm wearing my chain mail outfit.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I have really liked this season's costumes. There is definitely more fabric and more coverage but in my humble opinion the pros and the contestants look sexier with more coverage and just hints of skin.

I also must admit I can finally see the weight Kirstie has lost in her gut. For a 60 yr old lady she is doing very well.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Tom was really going with his one liners tonight. I thought it was cute how surprised Romeo/Chelsie were (and I was equally surprised-but thrilled). I think Romeo is really going to kick it up a notch next week. It'd be great if they could get the AT, too. I think that'd be a really good dance for him. Regardless, I bet he has a great week that even Len will like. Hopefully

I also was happy for Kirstie. I thought there was a slight chance she could go tonight, but I'm happy she's still in it. She had a bad week, but hopefully can regain her steam next week. I think she and Maks will really work.

I wish they'd add Val on here as a pro; I know they've asked and he's declined, but I wish he'd say yes. Great seeing him, though Those Chmerkovskiy's are a gorgeous and talented bunch.

I didn't like Len's spiel to the fake bottom 3-Kirstie needs to work on it, Kendra was a late bloomer, but Chelsea's too good to leave Even my grandma, who I'm staying with this week and watched with, said that was a good way to make the other 2 feel bad.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have really liked this season's costumes. There is definitely more fabric and more coverage but in my humble opinion the pros and the contestants look sexier with more coverage and just hints of skin.

I also must admit I can finally see the weight Kirstie has lost in her gut. For a 60 yr old lady she is doing very well.
    I think she's lost a little in the bust too. I know when I lose weight, that's one of the first places I lose it.

And yeah, I don't miss Edyta's dental floss and gossamer hankies outfits at all. I don't want to be worrying about someone falling out of her/her costume while dancing. The occasional bare chested guy is okay--and I'm not saying that just because I might enjoy it, but because guys can be seen in public with their shirts off without anyone thinking it's necessarily inappropriate. It's different if a woman is falling out of a low cut top, just because our society regards it differently. Besides, I'd just think it would be easier to concentrate on dancing if you're not having to worry about June busting out all over--especially for those who are well endowed. Sometimes the girls just need some support.

FORT Fan

Well, well, well, well, well....

Lookie who's counting chickens before they are hatched....

Scrotem-headed little man and his perky Disney ringer...

'Dancing With the Stars': Chelsea Kane becomes a Deadmau5 convert, plots her finale freestyle - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Chelsea, who seems confident about making it to the finale, takes it in stride...
    Gee, I wonder just WHY she is so confident, hmmmm?

Can we please be rid of those 2 next week? It'd be a much better final 4 of Romeo, Kirstie, Hines, and Ralph. Over the Disney girl and her partner. Funny that she thinks she's got any say in it. Mark will just out dance her in the freestyle as he has all season, except he won't have to reel it in. Maybe he'll fling himself into the audience and get taken out by default.

They're not going anywhere, and they're going to win. I just know it. You can't win this show anymore unless you're Mark or Derek. The producers and judges just love them too much, and CA and Bruno are more in tune with their style. So next week will start Len's love affair, and off they go to the finals. It'd be a much better season otherwise. Hopefully Hines or Kirstie has the fan base to take them out (not counting on Romeo or Ralph). Even the tongue bath they get tonight...really? What is Mark, 5 years old? I don't even think they went to such extremes to get CA to explain her spat with Maks last season.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Tom was really going with his one liners tonight. I thought it was cute how surprised Romeo/Chelsie were (and I was equally surprised-but thrilled). I think Romeo is really going to kick it up a notch next week. It'd be great if they could get the AT, too. I think that'd be a really good dance for him. Regardless, I bet he has a great week that even Len will like. Hopefully

I also was happy for Kirstie. I thought there was a slight chance she could go tonight, but I'm happy she's still in it. She had a bad week, but hopefully can regain her steam next week. I think she and Maks will really work.

I wish they'd add Val on here as a pro; I know they've asked and he's declined, but I wish he'd say yes. Great seeing him, though Those Chmerkovskiy's are a gorgeous and talented bunch.

I didn't like Len's spiel to the fake bottom 3-Kirstie needs to work on it, Kendra was a late bloomer, but Chelsea's too good to leave Even my grandma, who I'm staying with this week and watched with, said that was a good way to make the other 2 feel bad.
    I agree with all your comments.

I loved the surprise on Romeo's face when declared he was staying.

Kirstie was expecting to go. I loved her genuine surprised reaction at being chosen to stay.

Val is as good as brother Max.

Boo to Len's unkind remarks, especially about Kirstie. Favortism toward Chelsea & Mark. Mark is a jerk.

FORT Fogey

So happy Kirstie and Maks live to dance again. I really enjoy watching them. Kirstie, Ralph and Romeo are my top 3 favs.

+ Reply to Thread