+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5/3 "The Encore"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/3 "The Encore"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Loved Tom's remark after the filler segment that the table was difficult to come by as they had to wait for a poker game and three psychics to finish up with it before they could use it!

He was on a roll with Romeo finding time - even in peril - to plug his next project.

FORT Fogey

I don't understand why the judges think "spanking" Mark with slightly lower scores or some negative comments is going to get him to change for anything more than possibly a week. Derek's the same way. If they want them to change, they have to be consistently serious about not letting them get by with the showboating, the self-centered choreography, the spoiled brat attitudes etc.

I'm sick of Mark, and I'm not looking forward to Derek's return either. I honestly did like Derek in his early seasons, but once he and Mark became the boy wonders of the show who could do no wrong, and their egos started growing and growing and growing (not to mention Derek never getting a really poor or challenged dancer), that all changed.

As happy as I am to see Kendra go, it would have been just desserts if a reality star with a fan base would have outlasted Chelsea and Mark, despite C&M being better dancers. Last season, Bristol really started believing that her incremental improvements were justification for her staying over better dancers because she had the fan base voting in droves. Mark was cool with the system then, but probably would not be if the tables were turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't understand why the judges think "spanking" Mark with slightly lower scores or some negative comments is going to get him to change for anything more than possibly a week. Derek's the same way. If they want them to change, they have to be consistently serious about not letting them get by with the showboating, the self-centered choreography, the spoiled brat attitudes etc.

I'm sick of Mark, and I'm not looking forward to Derek's return either. I honestly did like Derek in his early seasons, but once he and Mark became the boy wonders of the show who could do no wrong, and their egos started growing and growing and growing (not to mention Derek never getting a really poor or challenged dancer), that all changed.

I never cared for Mark, but Derek was once my favorite. I still think he's extremely talented. I just wish he'd get a really challenging partner. And maybe not mug for the camera so much. He has never, imo, been as selfish as Mark and at least has the good grace to not argue with the judges(after his poor behavior in his first season.) I'd rather not have either of them but between the two I'd take Derek any day.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    As happy as I am to see Kendra go, it would have been just desserts if a reality star with a fan base would have outlasted Chelsea and Mark, despite C&M being better dancers. Last season, Bristol really started believing that her incremental improvements were justification for her staying over better dancers because she had the fan base voting in droves. Mark was cool with the system then, but probably would not be if the tables were turned.
    No kidding. And that's because for Mark, it's all about Mark. As long as the rules allow him to stay, they're right.

I really hated him going up to Len all full of attitude about his score BTW. I was reminded instantly of a far different scene in Mad Hot Ballroom, where a boy who couldn't have been more than ten very politely approached the judges after his team was eliminated to ask him to explain the scores in more detail so that he could relay to his team what they needed to improve upon to do better next time. I was really impressed by that kid--especially since he'd seemed rather shy earlier in the documentary--because he asked the judge to explain the judge not because he didn't like the scores but he honestly wanted to know how to improve them. He did it so politely and maturely that the judge was clearly impressed too and went out of his way to be helpful.

Funny how that kid, from a far less privileged background than Mark, and at a far younger age, knew how to approach a similar situation without sounding like an egotistical brat.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Derek's melt down with Shannon didn't even seem as bad in comparision. He's been such a jerk, but I doubt he sees it that way. Poor Chelsea, I really feel sorry for her. She's trying to stay positive and have fun, and he's bringing her down.

Filler segment time-pros and celebs talking about what they need to do to make the finals They're really running out of ideas.
    When they showed the clips of Mark confronting Len and then he and Chelsea in the confessional, the first thing that went through my head was Derek and Shannon, and that hissy fit, that I believe really turned off a lot of viewers, and essentially got them eliminated the next week. So they might not have went tonight, but after the clips they showed, there's always hope for next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    When they showed the clips of Mark confronting Len and then he and Chelsea in the confessional, the first thing that went through my head was Derek and Shannon, and that hissy fit, that I believe really turned off a lot of viewers, and essentially got them eliminated the next week. So they might not have went tonight, but after the clips they showed, there's always hope for next week.
    I thought of that too. I do not think this week's edit is going to help them next week, unless the judges go all soft on them and throw them enough points to make up the difference.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Mark lost me after his season 9 elimination, but he went to the point of no return last season. Bristol was grossly overscored, and lasted much longer than she ever should have. Rather than complain that she wasn't being overscored anymore, he should have thanked his lucky stars they were getting them and she was controversial to last. His behavior doesn't deserve to get rewarded. I doubt he'll even act surprised if he wins. Once he was announced as being safe tonight that smirk came back. I can only hope next week is his last. But if Len becomes a push over so as to spare him another embarrassing week of feeling sorry for himself, and add in the other two, he's golden. I say, Free Chelsea. He's acted like a jerk to her right before the dances before this. Such a big difference from the other pros who encourage their celebs.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-03-2011 at 11:40 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Mark lost me after his season 9 elimination, but he went to the point of no return last season. Bristol was grossly overscored, and lasted much longer than she ever should have. Rather than complain that she wasn't being overscored anymore, he should have thanked his lucky stars they were getting them and she was controversial to last. His behavior doesn't deserve to get rewarded. I doubt he'll even act surprised if he wins.
    No, he won't, but he will probably make sure Derek has a front row seat, so he can hoist him and the trophy up on his shoulders.

If the show wants a same sex couple, maybe they should just pair up Derek, put no one up against them, and only give the judges paddles with 10s on them. Then their fans can watch, and the rest of us can get three hours of our time back per week.

Thank you, Kendra the whinny baby is gone. I must admit this show was good for her as she did once or twice show a little bit of maturity.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread