+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 5/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    The show made a big to-do about Mark and Sabrina going out as early as they did. I never enjoyed them that much, so I wasn't that upset.
    Yes, Mark and Sabrina was one that went home early and everyone was shocked. They were thought to be one of the best and likely to win it. It didn't bother me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can see that. You know that has happened before. I can't recall the couple now, but there were VERY good and thought to be in the finals, but were eliminated earlier. Eveyone was shocked. Do you recall who I'm talking about? I think it has happened several times. I would be happy if that happened here.

Who do you predict will be leaving? I will go out on a limb and predict Chelsea or Romeo.
    The couple you may be referring to is probably Sabrina and Mark. Other stunners were Audrina and Tony just last season and Olympian Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo in Season 9.

Sabrina and Mark, I didn't care for but I loved the other two couples. And, like a lot of people, I had high hopes they could go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, Mark and Sabrina was one that went home early and everyone was shocked. They were thought to be one of the best and likely to win it. It didn't bother me either.
    so it's not just a pipe dream that Mark and Chelsea could go home tonight or next week??
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    so it's not just a pipe dream that Mark and Chelsea could go home tonight or next week??
    Nope, it is all about the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't think they've done that dance since season 8, the first and only time it was used. At this point, with 3(?) weeks to go, we'll probably just see the dance styles already done. Usually at this point that's how its gone in past seasons, though I guess we could get a surprise. I'd rather see that over the jive. I also am disappointed we likely aren't going to get the AT. That was a true crowd pleaser.
    Kirstie and Maks will be doing the Argentine Tango next week. I don't know if any other couple will or just them.

If you have a lot of devoted fans, they can save you and put you in the finals or to win it. Marie Osmond was not one of the best dancers. She was still a little heavy when she started on the show, but the Osmonds have such a huge fan base for women who are viewers of DWTS that they kept her in there for the finals. Plus, she was quite entertaining, sort of like Kirstie. I think Kirstie is a better dancer than Marie was, but in a different way.

Donny was kept in by his millions of fans and won it, though it was debatable if he was technically better than his opponet. He was VERY entertaining though. I do think his huge fan base put him over the top. I'm not taking away from any of the hardwork he did or his brilliant perfomances, but I do think they are what gave him the win.

I don't think that the best dancer has to win it, otherwise they could pick the winner pretty much after the first or second week but it's a combination of dancing and entertainment factor. And Kirstie and Max are entertaining!! But that being said, when it comes right down to it, once it's down to the final 3.... it's the judges who determine the winner.... and I don't think I'm going to like that this year especially!!!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Another DWTS site I frequent, the writers are very much pro-Hough/Ballas (though especially Derek) and even they are really commenting on how annoying Mark has been this season. His wearing the "penguin" shoes last night for the team dance was just another example of how over-the-top, look at me he is behaving.

My feeling is that the show would really like to see a male winner, so I think the most likely to take it all would be Hines with Ralph just behind. I still would love to see Romeo pull it out, though I'm afraid more than ever that tonight is his time to leave.
    His special little-man penguin shoes just drive me over the edge.

I also noticed that he overdid it at the "chain" store again this week. Such a putz.

I'm sorry - no matter how "entertaining", I could never vote for or root for anyone who does The Worm in an attempt to draw attention to himself in the Viennese Waltz.

His pouty attitude sucked last night after their critique. He had a big sour puss on his face the rest of the night and barely (fake) clapped for any of the other couples.
    Last edited by TiaMaria62; 05-03-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Many people said they thought the show was sort of slow and boring last night as if the contestants and pros were tired. I think it was just that Chris Jericho and Cheryl were not there, I really missed them last night. One less manly man....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think that the best dancer has to win it, otherwise they could pick the winner pretty much after the first or second week but it's a combination of dancing and entertainment factor. And Kirstie and Max are entertaining!! But that being said, when it comes right down to it, once it's down to the final 3.... it's the judges who determine the winner.... and I don't think I'm going to like that this year especially!!!
    Exactly. As long as they can dance and aren't in the Bristol/Kate/Master P category, I'll root for them if I like them. We've seen people in the last few seasons who had way too much dance experience for my liking, to the point they could pass for a pro. I'm enjoying this season that we don't have anyone that far out there. Chelsea maybe, but it's hard to tell because of who her partner is.

Donny and Kelly Osbourne were much more fun and enjoying things, especially Kelly with her improvement and growth over the season. Mya, the pro choreography, was forgettable. I'm glad she lost. She may have been the best dancer, but was very boring, and didn't have the best attitude.

I feel like the producers have been a little careful this year about proclaiming it's an even playing field, keeping the scores even, and not throwing in too much manipulation. I won't really like the judges final scores on night 2 of the competition, unless Chelsea is in the finals and that can throw her and Mark into 3rd place. Or even 2nd. If I knew that Mark wouldn't win but would finish 2nd, now that'd be worth keeping him in the finals for Anyway, in regards to the comment about who entertains us the least, that'd also be Mark/Chelsea for me. It's not even that I like everyone else, but I just don't care to see Mark show boating. He's been doing it since season 6 when he started with the fish faces, and he's gotten worse every season when it comes to out dancing, out mugging, dressing like a spaz, and not being able to handle the criticism.

Kirstie and Maks will be doing the Argentine Tango next week. I don't know if any other couple will or just them.
    Thanks! I love the AT (especially when Maks is doing it ), so I'm happy they didn't shelve it this season. But I still think the way they've done the dance order this season is stupid.

And besides Hines/Kym and Kendra/Louis, the pros didn't seem very happy at the end last night as the credits rolled. I can understand Romeo, Chelsie, Kirstie, and Maks being down. But I would have expected Karina to seem a little happier

+ Reply to Thread