+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 5/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Has anyone done the Lindy Hop this season...or do they do that dance anymore..I liked it...IMO it was a more lively version of the Jive and one that lifts were allowed..or does anyone know if it is a dance that is still to come
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Has anyone done the Lindy Hop this season...or do they do that dance anymore..I liked it...IMO it was a more lively version of the Jive and one that lifts were allowed..or does anyone know if it is a dance that is still to come
    I don't think they've done that dance since season 8, the first and only time it was used. At this point, with 3(?) weeks to go, we'll probably just see the dance styles already done. Usually at this point that's how its gone in past seasons, though I guess we could get a surprise. I'd rather see that over the jive. I also am disappointed we likely aren't going to get the AT. That was a true crowd pleaser.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't think they've done that dance since season 8, the first and only time it was used. At this point, with 3(?) weeks to go, we'll probably just see the dance styles already done. Usually at this point that's how its gone in past seasons, though I guess we could get a surprise. I'd rather see that over the jive. I also am disappointed we likely aren't going to get the AT. That was a true crowd pleaser.
    OK, I'm a big girl. Much bigger than Kirstie was to start with. So I kind of feel like I can be the one to wonder out loud if she's the reason that the dances where lifts are allowed aren't being done this time around. With proper leverage and balancing, dips and other moves can be done regardless of the partner's size, but lifting someone up and holding them there is difficult if they weigh a lot and could definitely hurt Maks.

She has clearly lost a lot of weight, and she looks great. I could especially see a change tonight through her torso. The middle-aged woman bulge is going away. (I'm also her age, so I know about that extra weight that comes on in the torso and is almost impossible to get rid of.) So Go, Kirstie!

That said, being a tall gal, she probably still weighs enough that she's not ready for lifts.

ETA: And the throwing the person around your body stuff from the Lindy Hop??? I don't think so.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

This will not be a popular opinion, but I actually enjoyed Mark and Chelsea's Paso tonight.

Believe me when I say Mark gets on my nerves, but their dance wasn't that bad.

However, my favorite couple by far this season to watch every week has been Kirstie and Maks. So I would love to see them win.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    This will not be a popular opinion, but I actually enjoyed Mark and Chelsea's Paso tonight.

Believe me when I say Mark gets on my nerves, but their dance wasn't that bad.

However, my favorite couple by far this season to watch every week has been Kirstie and Maks. So I would love to see them win.
    Because they are all good, I'm having to just ask myself, "Who do I enjoy watching the least?" I keep coming up with Chelsea. I don't know why. She seems like a sweet girl, but I just don't enjoy seeing them dance as much as the others. I don't dislike her partner. I just don't care to watch them as much as I do everyone else.

I do pray that Kirstie can hang in there for one more week at least. Kendra's groweth has really surprised me. You can tell she is working very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Because they are all good, I'm having to just ask myself, "Who do I enjoy watching the least?" I keep coming up with Chelsea. I don't know why. She seems like a sweet girl, but I just don't enjoy seeing them dance as much as the others. I don't dislike her partner. I just don't care to watch them as much as I do everyone else.

I do pray that Kirstie can hang in there for one more week at least. Kendra's groweth has really surprised me. You can tell she is working very hard.
    I'm with you on the who to I enjoy the least choice. There's something about Mark and Chelsea that rub me the wrong way and I'd love to see the upset and that they go before final 3 They both seem full of themselves and need to be humbled IMO... especially Mark.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I'm with you on the who to I enjoy the least choice. There's something about Mark and Chelsea that rub me the wrong way and I'd love to see the upset and that they go before final 3 They both seem full of themselves and need to be humbled IMO... especially Mark.
    Another DWTS site I frequent, the writers are very much pro-Hough/Ballas (though especially Derek) and even they are really commenting on how annoying Mark has been this season. His wearing the "penguin" shoes last night for the team dance was just another example of how over-the-top, look at me he is behaving.

My feeling is that the show would really like to see a male winner, so I think the most likely to take it all would be Hines with Ralph just behind. I still would love to see Romeo pull it out, though I'm afraid more than ever that tonight is his time to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I can see that. You know that has happened before. I can't recall the couple now, but there were VERY good and thought to be in the finals, but were eliminated earlier. Eveyone was shocked. Do you recall who I'm talking about? I think it has happened several times. I would be happy if that happened here.

Who do you predict will be leaving? I will go out on a limb and predict Chelsea or Romeo.

FORT Fogey

I can see that. You know that has happened before. I can't recall the couple now, but there were VERY good and thought to be in the finals, but were eliminated earlier. Eveyone was shocked. Do you recall who I'm talking about? I think it has happened several times. I would be happy if that happened here.

Who do you predict will be leaving? I will go out on a limb and predict Chelsea or Romeo.
    The show made a big to-do about Mark and Sabrina going out as early as they did. I never enjoyed them that much, so I wasn't that upset.

I have a feeling Kendra or Ralph will be going home tonight... but so hope it's Chelsea I just hope that regardless of who goes that their fans votes will now go to Kirstie and Hines as those are the 2 that I'd love to see go to the end.

eta, and sorry don't recall the couple who went early... I've only really been following the show faithfully the last few seasons.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread