+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    LOL - I'd be a puddle on the floor
    I'd faint if I got in sight of him.

Regarding the pros and contracts: I don't know how that all works I've read before the show can have you under contract but it doesn't mean they'll use you, either as a partnered pro or in the pro numbers. I've heard that contracts seem to be for either 3, 4, or 6 seasons.

Are Chelsea/Mark still on top of the leader board?

Ralph and Karina's scores

10-9-8-9

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Isn't having Shirley Ballas a guest coach a little inappropriate, since she has an obvious bias, given that her own son is a contestant?
    Bias would really only come into play in judging. One would assume that any coach would do their very best for whatever team they are coaching, be it their spawn or not.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

That was fun. Not the best quickstep ever, but fun. And I liked the use of period music, as opposed to having to dance to some dreadful pop song yet again.

I agree with whoever said everyone seems a little tired tonight. I think the double dance weeks, especially when one is a team dance where they may feel nervous and under-rehearsed, is a problem for the celebrities. If they have to do team dances, I don't think they should be scored. They originally did them just for fun, didn't they?

These "updates" about Bin Laden are giving me flashbacks to the early days of SNL when Chevy Chase would announce that Francisco Franco is still dead every week. I don't see that they have any announcements that are particularly newsworthy--they're just pimping ABC's future coverage of the event.

Donnie gave them a 10? Maybe he is starstruck....

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    That was fun. Not the best quickstep ever, but fun. And I liked the use of period music, as opposed to having to dance to some dreadful pop song yet again.

I agree with whoever said everyone seems a little tired tonight. I think the double dance weeks, especially when one is a team dance where they may feel nervous and under-rehearsed, is a problem for the celebrities. If they have to do team dances, I don't think they should be scored. They originally did them just for fun, didn't they?

These "updates" about Bin Laden are giving me flashbacks to the early days of SNL when Chevy Chase would announce that Francisco Franco is still dead every week. I don't see that they have any announcements that are particularly newsworthy--they're just pimping ABC's future coverage of the event.

Donnie gave them a 10? Maybe he is starstruck....

LOL - I thought that too last night when they kept saying he was dead

Ralph & Karina Loved it.

These "updates" about Bin Laden are giving me flashbacks to the early days of SNL when Chevy Chase would announce that Francisco Franco is still dead every week.
    I remember that; Generalissimo Francisco Franco

Yeah, as if they want to make sure he hasn't done a Glenn Close/"Fatal Attraction" and risen up from the (bathtub)/ocean.
    Last edited by tango7; 05-02-2011 at 09:40 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Bias would really only come into play in judging. One would assume that any coach would do their very best for whatever team they are coaching, be it their spawn or not.
    Well, I'd like to assume that--but it would be an assumption. That's why I think it's better to just eliminate the possibility. There had to be someone else they could ask.

FORT Newbie

Mark is driving me insane this season. It's like he's forgotten he's supposed to be supporting the star. The way he throws his arms around, it's completely, "Hey, look at me!" I would love to see him go home before the finale. It was so over the top to have his girlfriend sing while he danced around. It's like it's becoming the Mark Ballas show!! I'm on the Anyone but Mark team

Ralph and Karina are back on track and looked great what is Maks and Kirstie's number

and its only the beginning but Hines looks awesome as usual
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by lsu198 View Post
    Mark is driving me insane this season. It's like he's forgotten he's supposed to be supporting the star. The way he throws his arms around, it's completely, "Hey, look at me!" I would love to see him go home before the finale. It was so over the top to have his girlfriend sing while he danced around. It's like it's becoming the Mark Ballas show!! I'm on the Anyone but Mark team
    I can only imagine what his freestyle will be like. He may literally knock Chelsea out and throw both of his arms out of their sockets by the way he moves around. It's why I refer to that pairing and anything to do with them as simply Mark. I don't even know if Mark would do good choreography for a show like SYTYCD if he can't take the criticism here.

I know Romeo hasn't gone yet but I'm really worried for him this week

+ Reply to Thread