+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 - Road to the Finals/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/26 - Road to the Finals/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I am personally perplexed as to why anyone would care about who is sleeping with whom if one isn't personally involved, either in the relationship itself or with one of the participants in the relationship. Whether or not it is the case here, it is entirely possible to have genuine feelings for someone that the rest of the world doesn't deem to be a compatible fit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I am personally perplexed as to why anyone would care about who is sleeping with whom if one isn't personally involved, either in the relationship itself or with one of the participants in the relationship. Whether or not it is the case here, it is entirely possible to have genuine feelings for someone that the rest of the world doesn't deem to be a compatible fit.
    We're all discussing why we like certain contestants ..... I think her past is disgusting and I find that she as a nasty personality now....do I really care about who she's slept with? no... does it have a bearing on how I feel about her as a contestant and why I want her to be gone?... most definitely
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    With all due respect, it's a bit more extreme than not "a compatible fit" for most of us when a not-quite-19 year old starts having a sexual relationship with a 78 year old man, which if wikipedia's dates are correct, is what happened.

I'm beyond thrilled Ralph/Karina were saved. Kind of sad to see Chris go. He wasn't my favorite, but there were a few other pairs I would have rather seen go instead. What a class act he is, and I loved his impression oif Len. LOL

I don't usually like the Macy's Stars of dance, but I loved this week's.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    With all due respect, it's a bit more extreme than not "a compatible fit" for most of us when a not-quite-19 year old starts having a sexual relationship with a 78 year old man, which if wikipedia's dates are correct, is what happened.
    I disagree with saying "most of us" -- everyone is perfectly entitled to speak for themselves, and agree/disagree with each other, but nobody has taken a poll here.

I've never watched Kendra on any show other than DWTS, and I don't find her backstory compelling enough to investigate, so that's how I deal with her. It's only because of her erratic mood swings as a contestant that I'm not a big fan. I think she's getting the Bristol edit, and I think her fanbase seems to be somewhat organized, like Bristol's was. This means she's going to stay longer than her dancing merits, which will tick me off.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I disagree with saying "most of us" -- everyone is perfectly entitled to speak for themselves, and agree/disagree with each other, but nobody has taken a poll here.

I've never watched Kendra on any show other than DWTS, and I don't find her backstory compelling enough to investigate, so that's how I deal with her. It's only because of her erratic mood swings as a contestant that I'm not a big fan. I think she's getting the Bristol edit, and I think her fanbase seems to be somewhat organized, like Bristol's was. This means she's going to stay longer than her dancing merits, which will tick me off.
    Fair enough, and I certainly have no interest in taking a poll. But it is my opinion that most people would be disturbed by the thought of any 19 year old girl having sex with a 78 year old man, and would consider the circumstances more extreme than just a case of it not being a compatible fit. (Talk about an understatement.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Fair enough, and I certainly have no interest in taking a poll. But it is my opinion that most people would be disturbed by the thought of any 19 year old girl having sex with a 78 year old man, and would consider the circumstances more extreme than just a case of it not being a compatible fit. (Talk about an understatement.)
    I can't even imagine what my parents would have said or done to me, if at 19 yrs. old, I told them I was moving into Hugh Hefner's mansion and sharing him with two other girls half his age.

Plus I think she stinks as a dancer..jmo and her personality and choice of words are not very classy. Is she going to tell us when her next period is again?? I'm sure everyone really wants to know that fact.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

Ha, ha, ha..so tell me how you feel about this delightful subject!

I can see both sides here.

On the one hand, I usually say a "majority of the board thinks" when person after person after person posts the same sentiment about something, and rarely anyone posts to counteract or refute the sentiment that is being discussed.
    It does seem to me that at this point, not very many people have come forward and and said they thought it was a good thing for the 19 year old Kendra to have sexually hooked up with the 79 (?) year old Hugh Hefner; therefore, I can see why ironcat took the liberty of saying "most of us."

On the other hand, I can see where you want to speak for yourself as well.....
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Do we know, for sure that she had sex with him? For decades he has had playmates all over the place and probably didnt sleep with all of them. Or am I being naive? Perhaps they sign a contract not to talk about it or to deceive and elude to yes, we were intimate, when they were not. He has a reputation to nurture, afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Do we know, for sure that she had sex with him? For decades he has had playmates all over the place and probably didnt sleep with all of them. Or am I being naive? Perhaps they sign a contract not to talk about it or to deceive and elude to yes, we were intimate, when they were not. He has a reputation to nurture, afterall.
    If you're really interested in knowing, a quick google search using a few key words will tell you all you want to know (and probably more! At least it was for me) about Kendra's sex life. It doesn't sound like Kendra believes in hiding much about her past, which is certainly her business, so more power to her. But in answer to your question, yes, she says they did.

BTW, all of this is not the reason I hope she gets eliminated next from DWTS. That has to do with her dancing and her annoying dimwitted personality, neither of which appeal to me (or at least they appeal to me less than anyone else left). I don't hold her past against her, and it certainly seems like she has changed that aspect of her life anyway, so if I liked her dancing and her personality more, I'd root for her. OTOH, I probably wouldn't vote to give her parents any awards under any circumstances.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-29-2011 at 01:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread