+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 4/19 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/19 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think it was Petra's time to go. I didn't enjoy watching her dance (she's much too clumsy) but she now has a new fan. Me. Her personality is out of this world. I don't know if her near death experience changed her or if she was always this sweet, but that girl is has a wonderful spirit. This world needs more people like her.

I'm thinking the Troupe was brought in for us to get to know because I have a feeling they will be replacing some of the veteran pro's. I imagine it can't be fun to be the first ones cut time after time. But really, the only one I like from the Troupe is Oksana...the tiny blonde. She's the only stand out for me. It would be nice if she could give the bobsey boys a run for their money.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I actually think Maks is back to his season 5 self this season. Maybe he found love, maybe he's just proud of Kirstie and seeing her move on each week. She definitely was one of many surprises. Kirstie reminds me a lot of Mel B, in that she'll go toe to toe with Maks if she doesn't like something, but is having fun, can laugh at herself when she screws up, and is pushing to do her best. It's not a partnership like Corky always does full of gimmicks. I think Maks will keep doing the show as long as it wants him. But maybe the day will come when marriage, family, and his other dancing pursuits pile up and take over. I'd love to see him win at least once, but it seems like an uphill battle for some of the veteran pros (Tony, Maks, Anna, Louis). I think Maks stands the best shot of the 4. I think Chelsie will eventually win. I just feel like it'll be a never ending Ballas/Hough victory with an occasional spoiler in there like Donny/Kym.
    In terms of personality and joy, yes, Maks is season 5 Maks; in terms of dancing, I stand by saying that he's inconsistent. With MelB, he came out week after week with powerhouse numbers. Since then, whether limited by his star or his own ingenuity, his dancing hasn't been as polished, tight, or flawless. Some of his best recent choreo was season 11 with Brandy, which I think stemmed from just being royally angry--it served as creative inspiration. LOL. Regardless, I enjoy the fun side of him so much though his arrogance is off the charts this season. God love him.

I agree that the final 3 will probably be as you predict. Once again, it'll consist of three pros who have already won. I hope to goodness that it's Cheryl or Kym. The whole Pia thing worries me as it seems like DWTS is working it to bring more attention not only to themselves but inevitably to Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think Romeo and Kendra will be the next to go (), and Ralph and Kirstie after that. I'm thinking a final 3 of Hines, Chris, and Chelsea.
    Do you really think Chris has enough of a fanbase for that? I might be wrong, and I think he's done well the past couple of weeks, but I would guess that Kirstie/Maks have so much fan support I wouldn't be suprised to see them in the finale instead. I do agree that Kendra and Romeo will be the next to go. Hopefully Romeo outlasts her because I think he deserves to. IF his new movie were out, I think it would help him in the voting. I doubt he'll last till then.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

[QUOTE=veg_out;4275146]

In terms of personality and joy, yes, Maks is season 5 Maks; in terms of dancing, I stand by saying that he's inconsistent. With MelB, he came out week after week with powerhouse numbers. Since then, whether limited by his star or his own ingenuity, his dancing hasn't been as polished, tight, or flawless. Some of his best recent choreo was season 11 with Brandy, which I think stemmed from just being royally angry--it served as creative inspiration. LOL. Regardless, I enjoy the fun side of him so much though his arrogance is off the charts this season. God love him.

I agree that the final 3 will probably be as you predict. Once again, it'll consist of three pros who have already won. I hope to goodness that it's Cheryl or Kym. The whole Pia thing worries me as it seems like DWTS is working it to bring more attention not only to themselves but inevitably to Mark.
    I do think Maks has had to tone down the choreography, but that probably is more because of Kirstie. And given their mishaps, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to take it easy. I've enjoyed what he's put out there so far, but of course I'm biased I haven't really noticed any arrogance, but I feel like that's more Maks playing up the "bad boy" image. Tom used to have some good one liners back during season 4 and 5 about Maks and his attitude (not to mentioning having no shame at flaunting himself shirtless )

I don't plan on watching Chelsea/Mark's quick step, unless they totally bomb or break the rules and get nailed, but I think it'll be unbearable this week with them. The show is really going to pimp out Mark and Pia (worse than they already have). Only bright side is seeing Chelsea/Mark go home after the fact, but it really makes me wonder where they are with voters. I can't say I'd be surprised that the show goes to all this trouble even if they were at the top of the pack. But maybe they aren't and the show is desperate.

Do you really think Chris has enough of a fanbase for that? I might be wrong, and I think he's done well the past couple of weeks, but I would guess that Kirstie/Maks have so much fan support I wouldn't be suprised to see them in the finale instead. I do agree that Kendra and Romeo will be the next to go. Hopefully Romeo outlasts her because I think he deserves to. IF his new movie were out, I think it would help him in the voting. I doubt he'll last till then.
    I think the final 3 spot could go to Chris, Kirstie, or possibly Kendra. I don't think Ralph, sadly, will make it anymore. Kendra I don't really think will, either, but I wouldn't completely rule her out. I do think Chris might have the fan base to pull it off, and he seems to be winning a lot of people over that may be adding to it. Plus, Cheryl is extremely popular. So that may help. I worry for Romeo this may be it for him. Just when he's loosening up and having fun Well, not that I don't think he's been having fun, but he had two great weeks in a row. I worry it'll be awhile before Chelsie gets another contender. I think he's so much fun to watch and has such a great attitude. Of course I can say that about pretty much everyone, but something about him I just like above the rest.

Kara, totally agree about Romeo. I think he's a charmer and different from what I would've expected from his background. Probably my favorite to watch right now - and it doesn't hurt that Chelsie is one of my favorite pros.

Most of the contestants this season have just been a pleasure to watch. As for many of us, Chelsea/Mark would be the big "flies in the ointment" that keep me less than happy. Also, I think Ralph's a doll but I'm not as excited about them as some of the others. I think Len or Bruno(?) or whomever it was hit the nail on the head saying Tuesday night that as an actor or performer, he has a lot of people thinking he's a better dancer than he actually is. He can "sell" the dance but needs to work on fundamentals. And I liked Kendra in the beginning (my adult daughters are shocked by that) but I think she's reached her expiration date and I wouldn't be really upset to see her go. At least it seems she's gained something from the experience.

+ Reply to Thread