+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/19 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

NOT that I'm defending him in the least. It would be a happy day if he decided to leave the show and Jonathan or Alec came back. A girl can dream, right?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    NOT that I'm defending him in the least. It would be a happy day if he decided to leave the show and Jonathan or Alec came back. A girl can dream, right?
    Last night when I saw Jonathan dancing with Anna I wanted to yell at him to come back. But what's the point? He'll just go back to getting partners like the 3 he had that got him eliminated first right in a row. He deserved better. I kept picturing what Jonathan would have been like with Petra this season *sigh* I hope Anna continues appearing as a pro, gets good partners, maybe can finally win (though they'll have to wait until next spring if Derek is back in the fall), and that Jonathan will continue appearing in pro dances with her.

I went back and looked at all the partners the pros have had since the beginning and for the most part they have all had some clunkers and ones that should have been winners just didn't pan out other times.

To those who said that they thought Kendra was making fun of her pro's profession I couldn't put my finger on it but I think that's it!!! Oh well, maybe this will help her, she seemed better last night or to have taken the hint a bit. Saw Petra on GMA this a.m. and she was adorably adorable, she seems to be so grateful for every little thing. Such a sweet lady, wish her all the best. Dimitry was also very sweet. Said he is happy to be back on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I went back and looked at all the partners the pros have had since the beginning and for the most part they have all had some clunkers and ones that should have been winners just didn't pan out other times.

To those who said that they thought Kendra was making fun of her pro's profession I couldn't put my finger on it but I think that's it!!! Oh well, maybe this will help her, she seemed better last night or to have taken the hint a bit. Saw Petra on GMA this a.m. and she was adorably adorable, she seems to be so grateful for every little thing. Such a sweet lady, wish her all the best. Dimitry was also very sweet. Said he is happy to be back on the show.
    Which clunkers has Derek had? Which ones that should have been winners has Jonathan had?

WTF happened last night??!!!
    Two weeks in a row, they've eliminated the sweetest and most gracious stars! First, Sugar Ray and now Petra!!

I was really annoyed when they were showing Petra and Dimitry being eliminated. The camera panned to Kendra who had the most horribly smug look on her face. I cannot stand that woman - cra*py dancer who can't keep a beat, trashy mouth and a total homop*obe toward her partner.

On another note, what happened with Maks/Lacey's dance? They looked they were about to topple over at any moment. Not a good dance at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Which clunkers has Derek had? Which ones that should have been winners has Jonathan had?
    Derek really didn't have any klunkers. He's talented mind you, but I never felt he had a chance to really show that talent by not having the klunker/person who needed work. Now he hasn't made the finals every season he's been on; however, it did say something to win three times in a row with good dancers.

I've wondered if that may be why too Derek took a break - he's tired of the criticism we give him for having ringers when it's most likely not his fault. Not that I'm missing his performances, but I have wondered if it is part of it.

(BTW, I would rather have Derek than Mark any day. Mark just really rubs me the wrong way while Derek can irritate me but I really think a lot of the irritation I have is stuff beyond his control).

BTW, I would fire the costume designer for Kirstie's outfit this week. That was a fugly, unflattering outfit by far. If she had an input, I'd also be critical of Kirstie, but seriously, it was the worst outfit there, and actually made her look even heavier.

As far as the dances, not surprised Petra was eliminated; however would've preferred Kendra. I really think Kendra is turning into this year's Bristol Palin, but at least Bristol's issues were some things beyond her control, such as relation to her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    WTF happened last night??!!!
    Two weeks in a row, they've eliminated the sweetest and most gracious stars! First, Sugar Ray and now Petra!!

I was really annoyed when they were showing Petra and Dimitry being eliminated. The camera panned to Kendra who had the most horribly smug look on her face. I cannot stand that woman - cra*py dancer who can't keep a beat, trashy mouth and a total homop*obe toward her partner.

On another note, what happened with Maks/Lacey's dance? They looked they were about to topple over at any moment. Not a good dance at all.
    As soon as I saw that it was Kirstie, Chris, and Petra, it was clear that Petra was a goner. She's an absolute joy.

Maks has been off his game. Period. He's sloppy lately. His heyday was season5 with an occasional 2-3 dances per season--both with his partner or with another pro--that are really fantastic, but he's not consistent. He'll probably stay with the show as long as they'll have him; but I'm not sure it'll be much longer. Like Julianne, he's getting other opportunities, which he'll pursue at will.

Who else completely adores Jonathan and Anna? They are gorgeous together. I was, however, disappointed in Tom when he forgot to mention them in thanking that segment's performers. They are so worthy.

At this point, my fave partnership is Hines and Kym: no drama, just great dancing

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Oh! And I forget Maks' "sex on a stick." What in the world was that????? I logged onto the board last last night when I finally had a chance to watch the show to read the comments and was surprised that more people didn't mention it. I'm not sure if it was all a joke...surely it was, right?
    Well he loves himself.I cant stand him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    As soon as I saw that it was Kirstie, Chris, and Petra, it was clear that Petra was a goner. She's an absolute joy.

Maks has been off his game. Period. He's sloppy lately. His heyday was season5 with an occasional 2-3 dances per season--both with his partner or with another pro--that are really fantastic, but he's not consistent. He'll probably stay with the show as long as they'll have him; but I'm not sure it'll be much longer. Like Julianne, he's getting other opportunities, which he'll pursue at will.

Who else completely adores Jonathan and Anna? They are gorgeous together. I was, however, disappointed in Tom when he forgot to mention them in thanking that segment's performers. They are so worthy.

At this point, my fave partnership is Hines and Kym: no drama, just great dancing
    I actually think Maks is back to his season 5 self this season. Maybe he found love, maybe he's just proud of Kirstie and seeing her move on each week. She definitely was one of many surprises. Kirstie reminds me a lot of Mel B, in that she'll go toe to toe with Maks if she doesn't like something, but is having fun, can laugh at herself when she screws up, and is pushing to do her best. It's not a partnership like Corky always does full of gimmicks. I think Maks will keep doing the show as long as it wants him. But maybe the day will come when marriage, family, and his other dancing pursuits pile up and take over. I'd love to see him win at least once, but it seems like an uphill battle for some of the veteran pros (Tony, Maks, Anna, Louis). I think Maks stands the best shot of the 4. I think Chelsie will eventually win. I just feel like it'll be a never ending Ballas/Hough victory with an occasional spoiler in there like Donny/Kym.

Petra wasn't really memorable for me. She's a sweetheart and I'm glad she came on the show. But Dmitry doesn't leave much of an impression, either. I figured her time was limited, though of all the supermodels to ever do the show she's probably one of the more well known ones. I wish the show would at least make it suspenseful and put someone else in the bottom 2 that people might think is going home. Petra/Dmitry knew. It looked like Dmitry even said it to her when they were announced in jeopardy (I wish they'd do away with that).

As for Anna/Jonathan-squee! My biggest complaint is we barely got to see them. I feel like the producers really don't like the guy. But he and Anna are beautiful together. I hope we get more dances from them. Even though Jonathan said he's done doing DWTS, I'll still hold out hope that maybe he returns and gets a great, solid contender.

I think Romeo and Kendra will be the next to go (), and Ralph and Kirstie after that. I'm thinking a final 3 of Hines, Chris, and Chelsea.

+ Reply to Thread