+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/19 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Can someone tell me approximately where Brooke made her boo-boo? I've tried to find it but can't.
    When Petra, Kendra, and Ralph were lined up, rather than say that one of them would be in jeopardy, Brooke said we'd find out who was safe and who was going home. Could have been an accidental slip, but obviously the person in line at the moment happened to be in the bottom 3 and ultimately sent packing. We hadn't gotten to the actual in jeopardy line up that included Chris and Kirstie yet.

Re: Chelsea and Mark's song choice for a guilty pleasure.

If Chelsea really LOVES Miley Cyrus, how low does one need to go in order to identify a guilty pleasure song?

Who will be drawing the Justin Bieber straw (assuming DWTS has the rights to perform it)?

ETA: I have already made my niece aware that New Kids on the Block and The Backstreet Boys will be performing next week. She loved them when they were all the rage and will be seeing them this summer when they tour.
    If someone gets Justin Bieber, I'm sure it'll be Chelsea/Mark Whatever song they'll get she'll probably gleefully shriek she loves it and they're going to break rules. I wonder how many times they'll go out of hold and if they'll get called on it? It'll probably be one to cater to the Disney crowd and Ballas brigade.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wonder what guilty pleasure songs we'll hear next week. Something from Hanson? The Spice Girls? 'I'm Too Sexy'? Britney Spears? 'Tainted Love'? The possibilities seem endless, and so do the train wrecks. I wonder if Chelsea/Mark get the pimp spot again, the best song choice, break the rules but gets 10s because hey, we can't send Mark home the night he'll be dancing with Pia I bet he's making room for that third trophy already.
    OMG--my very first though was that someone would get stuck doing a VW or rumba or something equally inappropriate to Mbop by Hanson. Not that I can really think of a dance that would be appropriate for Mbop.....

At least if the songs are terrible to begin with, they'll match the musical abilities of the band/singers.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I'm already worried about next week! I don't know, I just don't know...
    As the weeks wear on, it's getting harder and harder to predict who will be eliminated. I just hope Chris sticks around a whole lot longer. I'd love to see him do a freestyle dance.

Colour me confuzzled...who the heck are Kendra's fanbase??????
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 04-19-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

A classy lady who danced so gracefully is sent home, yet Kendra, a trashy bigmouth, who can't even keep a beat, stays. Guess all the playboy bunnies and strippers are voting this season.

Sorry coming in late is Romeo and Chelsie safe

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    OMG--my very first though was that someone would get stuck doing a VW or rumba or something equally inappropriate to Mbop by Hanson. Not that I can really think of a dance that would be appropriate for Mbop.....

At least if the songs are terrible to begin with, they'll match the musical abilities of the band/singers.
    And sadly, like this week, the dances might suffer. Do they really need to call it guilty pleasures week? Isn't that DWTS as a whole? A bunch of inappropriate songs for the dance in question that were one hit wonders, and sung off key and with a horrible arrangement by our band? I don't see the difference or see why it needs a week dedicated to it.

I'm guessing the 80s and 90s will probably take a beating. Maybe we'll get a foxtrot to Karma Chameleon.

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33 View Post
    Sorry coming in late is Romeo and Chelsie safe
    Yes!

FORT Fanatic

Karalot, thanks. I just watched and rewatched that part and didn't hear Brooke say anything. I'm not doubting you, I'm just somewhat confused.
    Could it have been edited out somehow?

are ya'll saying next week will be a guilty pleasure song...just not sure if I was reading that right...oh my..well..guess it shows my age cause I would choose something from Chicago, Foreigner, or Air Supply..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And sadly, like this week, the dances might suffer. Do they really need to call it guilty pleasures week? Isn't that DWTS as a whole? A bunch of inappropriate songs for the dance in question that were one hit wonders, and sung off key and with a horrible arrangement by our band? I don't see the difference or see why it needs a week dedicated to it.

I'm guessing the 80s and 90s will probably take a beating. Maybe we'll get a foxtrot to Karma Chameleon.

If they go back as far as the seventies, there are a whole host of terrible disco songs to choose from, and the fifties/sixties had their share of clunky "specialty" songs too.

If they have to have theme weeks, why not have theme weeks that are actually appropriate to ballroom dance? The only theme week they've done that really worked was two weeks ago, when they used classical music, though even then, Chris/Cheryl got kind of hosed. "In the Hall of the Mountain King" just isn't a great paso song (not a big surprise, since Grieg was Norwegian, and was basing the song of Norwegian folklore, and it's not like the paso is the national dance of Norway).

And really, I'd rather listen to recordings of the actual guilty pleasures sung/played by the original artists than listen to that band and those singers screw up more music. I also really, really, really want to rip those stupid tiara/headpieces off that one singer's head. Every time they show her in another one, I want to gag.

+ Reply to Thread