+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I am baffled at Hines score. He did little in this dance other than guide Kym into all her turns and twirls. I know he is good but capable of so much more. He danced so little in this number! I don't even know what that dance was called. Nothing familiar, that is for sure.

The one dance style that is as American as apple pie is the jive. Where was that???? I would think the jive would have been a must for 'All American" night.

I also have a hard time believing that there weren't more patriotic songs that could have been found for the foxtrot. American Woman?? Really? I generally like the smooth, old-Hollywood feel of the the foxtrot and although danced fairly well, it did not go well with that song. Neither did 'Proud to be an American' for the rhumba. I actually think DWTS has been ruining the rhumba this season. It's popped up in American Week, which doesn't lend itself to sexy and sultry. It's popped up in Story Week, which didn't lend itself well to that either as the couples who danced it varied from a dance to remember Mom and a few other 'stories' that definately should not have been sexy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    The one dance style that is as American as apple pie is the jive. Where was that???? I would think the jive would have been a must for 'All American" night.

I also have a hard time believing that there weren't more patriotic songs that could have been found for the foxtrot. American Woman?? Really? I generally like the smooth, old-Hollywood feel of the the foxtrot and although danced fairly well, it did not go well with that song. Neither did 'Proud to be an American' for the rhumba. I actually think DWTS has been ruining the rhumba this season. It's popped up in American Week, which doesn't lend itself to sexy and sultry. It's popped up in Story Week, which didn't lend itself well to that either as the couples who danced it varied from a dance to remember Mom and a few other 'stories' that definately should not have been sexy.
    I do agree the dances weren't exactly American but that's TPTB for you (samba, every season at least one pro reminds us it's Brazil, Rio, the party dance). Having the rumba was an odd choice as well. The songs choices last night were just horrible for the dances they were picked for. The night as a whole bombed. I said before I think the dances suffered as a result of the song choices, and God forbid they ever do this theme week again, but it needs serious re-tooling if they do. I think they need to get rid of story week, or turn it into dedication week, because that's what it seemed to be this season (and then there was Chelsea dancing to a song by an ex boyfriend).

I'm surprised of all weeks we saw so many 8s and 9s. Any other week I wouldn't have been surprised, but this week I think only two dances deserved the top spot and those particular numbers, and that was Chris and Romeo. Hines didn't do so hot with the rumba, but I would have tied him and Kirstie for 3rd. Maks and his pants would have gotten 10s across the board if I had anything to say about it

I thought this was it was Kirstie's worst night, she didnt deserve that score.Same with Kendre, I think Petra will go home.They seem to be scoring them all way too high

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'd much rather see Kendra go than Petra.
    I didn't enjoy Kendra's dance, at all. I thought it was overscored.
    I think they all were over-scored.Maybe people are not voting.They could drop the stars and just have DW

Ralph and Karina were okay doing what they had to to the music they got, but Ralph seemed stiff - could it have been the boots? Don't love'em. Don't hate'em. Wouldn't be sad if they left but I doubt that's happening soon.
    Chris has surprised me favorably, I just don't know if it's enough to pull away from the pack in a season with so many decent dancers.
    I was hopeful that more people would be behind Romeo after his foxtrot last night. It was my favorite dance of the evening - I watched it four times! Len seems not to care much for him and I wonder if the majority of the viewers feel the same. Bummer! He's cute, seems to be a good role model and I really like Chelsie as well. I hope he stays a little longer, at least.
    Kendra's dance was totally Shirley Temple-esque - even with the thing on the steps. It would have been better, to me, if after a beginning of staccato moves they had moved into a smoother foxtrot rather than keep the whole thing "one note." (If that makes sense.) I don't hate Kendra (and Chelsea is seeming to get beeped about as much as she is,) but I'd be okay with her to going.
    Petra is another who is so sweet and nice to look at but could go home now.
    Hines and Kym are wonderful but I'm agreeing with those who were surpised by the raves from the judges. I'm thinking they must've seen something I didn't. They're the ones I still expect to win it all, and I'm loving them every week except this one. (The first thing that came to mind mind when the dance ended was "ooooo, poor hip action, Hines." Boy was I shocked by Carrie Ann's comment!!!)
    Kirstie and Maks was kind of bizarre. Her costume has to be up there as one of my least favorites EVER. I actually felt bad for her! It's not hard on the eyes to see Maks shirtless and to see what a great time he seems to be having. (But why can't Brooke remember to pronounce it KIRSTIE and not KRISTIE?)
    Chelsea and Mark... why do they have to be on this season? The others are so much more fun for me to watch. He dominates the floor when they're together and she isn't growing on me. I actually liked Mark better last season when he had Bristol and seemed protective than I do this one. I wish they'd leave but I'm predicting a Hines/Chelsea final with Hines pulling it out because of his fan base and the fact the show probably wants a guy to win this season. (Though Ralph might just be a surprise and move up, Hines seems more natural and probably has a bigger fanbase.)

The worst part of this show is the music...how can they continue to make dancers try to dance to music that doesn't fit the dance????
    I HATE this!!! It is becoming worse and worse...too outlandish to even come close in so many instances!!
    DWTS producers.....WAKE UP, smell the roses!!
    I can tolerate themes if they can find fitting music...but it seems they just try to find the worst fit possible, is this for drama? What is the purpose?

Romeo: completely overscored. His moves were tentative all over the place. What were the judges watching?

Ralph would have gotten better scores if they hadn't gone first. He kicked butt with some really complex choreography.

I dunno, Hines did very well, but I think Kym's fringe acted as a deflection away from his imperfections. It was very good, but maybe not the ultimate.

Kirstie & Maks - It wasn't much of a dance because he didn't ask much of her, but it was fun to watch, and Maks shirtless...wow. But it was a "7" dance for me.

Kendra -- she's the victim of an awful song and hokey choreography this week. Having said that, she's simply not emotionally equipped to do this. I hope she goes this week, just to spare her more breakdowns.

Mark kept things too simple for Chelsea this week, and when they dance he can't help upstaging her all over the place. But at least he let her be noticed this time. He's still a jackass though.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I agree about the singing and the songs being such poor selections, not to mention I almost didn't recognize Proud to be an American by whomever it was that was singing it, lol. After last week an all time high this was an all time low. It is frustrating to see couples marked down because the music wasn't uplifting and they have to do fierce routines to sluggish, inappropriate music. Even last week I thought that Romeo got great music and it contributed so much to the drama of the dance and then Chris Jericho got music that was so not appropriate and had no drama or umph to it and he got marked down, if he had had the same music as Romeo his routine would have been given higher marks, imo. The music does cover a multitude of sins.

I have to mute Kendra, she just keeps digging a bigger hole for herself. Sadly, I'm embarrassed for her. I didn't think that any dance stood out this week. I'm thinking that Kirstie could actually be in trouble, also the bare chested male dancer is getting kind of old.... does Brooke really call Kirstie Kristie? LOL!! I so often use her interview time to load the dishwasher or fold laundry I don't much listen to her...hee hee, oh sorry...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I never see this theme night repeated, it will definitely be too soon. This was a painful bore.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread