+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    So glad Mark/Chelsea didn't do any better than Cheryl/Chris--and less well than Kym/Hines.

I don't suppose there's a prayer of this happening, but I wouldn't feel even the tiniest bit sorry if Mark/Chelsea went home soon. I don't like him, and I don't find her particularly memorable. She's just another perky Disney kid to me.
    I agree. However, I think Kendra should go home first because the thought of her outlasting Chelsea makes me sick to my stomach. Kendra is pure trash and she needs to get off my TV screen immediately.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Whoever thought that doing this theme was a good idea should be fired. They can take Brooke and the "best singers in the business" with them. Tonight was bad, and I think a lot of performances suffered for it. I can understand someone throwing in an all-American gimmick in their dance if the song calls for, even though I'm beginning to hate that gimmick part. I'm tired of the themes. Can't we just have normal dances every week to badly sung pop songs?

On the other hand, whoever decided that making Maks shirtless and putting him back in leather pants is a genius and deserves a big bonus Kirstie, I hate you. Great seeing John Travolta! Even though he'd be an ultimate ringer and probably too A-list for the show, I'd love to see him as a contestant.

As a whole, I thought most of the performances were bad tonight. Or at least not as good as previous weeks for some, and I'll blame it on the theme. I thought Chris and Romeo were the best of the night. Chris has really been impressing me, especially since seeing him week 1 I figured he was a lost cause. I'm all for seeing a new pro win this season, but wouldn't mind if Cheryl took her third trophy home. Better her than Mark, better Chris than Chelsea. I thought Romeo turned into quite a charmer for his dance, and I thought his scores were spot on. I'm glad Chelsie finally has a solid dancer that she can show her skills off on. Romeo's a doll.

Petra is pretty, Dmitry is pretty, but her dancing does nothing for me. I predict she could possibly go home tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're in for a shocking boot. Kendra I think is also in danger. I think Kendra's conflicted. A part of me thinks she's giving it her all, her heart and soul, and wants this, and the other part seems like she's done. I didn't really think her dancing was all that bad tonight. If she's around next week, I hope she gets a latin dance style. That may suit her better.

Hines-I love the man. His rumba didn't impress me like I thought, but I can't help but root for him. He and Kym are golden. I think it deserved the scores it got, however, and am glad he took the top spot. Ralph definitely suffered going first. I didn't think his dance tonight was perfect; he did struggle. But the samba's a hard dance, and I'm glad he got it out of the way.

I really don't like all this mixing of dance styles. I liked the format better when they did two dances styles a week, until they got to week 6 and people started working on dances they hadn't done yet.

Missed most of tonight's dancing. What I did see was not that impressive.
    I think I'm spoiled from last week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Voting for my faves: Hines, Kirstie and Chris. Chris has been a really pleasant surprise.

Romeo has been steadily improving, but someone needs to tell him to stop sticking out his tongue.

I wish Kendra would go. Nothing about her is enjoyable to watch. Someone mentioned her getting a bad edit, but the simple truth is that the producers are using what she is giving them. You can't put bad footage in if it doesn't exist.

Petra is a sweetheart, but I think she is in trouble.

Chelsea is dancing well (unfortunately), so I'm afraid we're stuck seeing Mark in all his self-promoting glory for a good, long while. Yuck.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I'd much rather see Kendra go than Petra.
    I didn't enjoy Kendra's dance, at all. I thought it was overscored.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think Chelsea is actually a good dancer...(even if she has no hips and the body of a 12 yr-old boy)...the problem is that Mark outshines her every week. If Chelsea can do a certain dance move as say an "8" on a scale of 1-10, then Mark should do his best to make his same move an 8 or 9. Unfortunately he over emphasizes his more to make it more like a 12, which makes Chelsea's pretty good "amateur 8" look more like a 5. I watched the dance twice tonight- the first time I watched only Chelsea and the second time only Mark. He definitely goes over the top when he dances (and he is a good dancer) and it makes Chelsea look not as good. The other pros tend to try and mimic their partners and guide them, but Mark just looks to be out there and performing for the crowd and forgetting he has a partner.

On another note, Brooke is getting worse! After Kirstie's dance she actually said "what words of advice did John Travolta give you?". Did she not just watch the pre-dance clip like the rest of us??? Even Kirstie looked at her like she was crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think Chelsea is actually a good dancer...(even if she has no hips and the body of a 12 yr-old boy)...the problem is that Mark outshines her every week. If Chelsea can do a certain dance move as say an "8" on a scale of 1-10, then Mark should do his best to make his same move an 8 or 9. Unfortunately he over emphasizes his more to make it more like a 12, which makes Chelsea's pretty good "amateur 8" look more like a 5. I watched the dance twice tonight- the first time I watched only Chelsea and the second time only Mark. He definitely goes over the top when he dances (and he is a good dancer) and it makes Chelsea look not as good. The other pros tend to try and mimic their partners and guide them, but Mark just looks to be out there and performing for the crowd and forgetting he has a partner.

On another note, Brooke is getting worse! After Kirstie's dance she actually said "what words of advice did John Travolta give you?". Did she not just watch the pre-dance clip like the rest of us??? Even Kirstie looked at her like she was crazy!
    I'm waiting for the day when Brooke has a Paula Abdul moment where she comments on a couple's second dance when they've only done one.

Completely agree with your thoughts on Mark. I never used to dislike him to the point I'm at now, but he doesn't do anything to win me back over. Of course he has a pretty hard core fanbase as it is. I skipped their performance tonight, but watched when they got their scores and noticed Mark had that sour puss frown when Len held up an 8 paddle. I think a lot of pros have come up with interesting, unique, and fun choreography, without making it all about breaking the rules, taking risks, and outdancing their partner. I don't think Chelsea's a bad dancer in the slightest, but I'm bored with her. And I don't think their routines have been worth the gushing they've gotten from the judges.

Whoever thought that doing this theme was a good idea should be fired. They can take Brooke and the "best singers in the business" with them. Tonight was bad, and I think a lot of performances suffered for it. I can understand someone throwing in an all-American gimmick in their dance if the song calls for, even though I'm beginning to hate that gimmick part. I'm tired of the themes. Can't we just have normal dances every week to badly sung pop songs?
    Great Post karalott!

I have watched every season of DWTS' and this was one of the worst episodes to date. IMO It wasn't so much the theme because I am all about being patriotic, but the songs didn't fit with the music they were dancing to. I made a comment in the AI thread defending the DWTS band because Idol's band is horrible, but the singers tonight were awful.

Tonight was the first night I didn't enjoy Petra's performance. I think she will go home tomorrow night.

I am sticking to my original opinion that Hines will win this season. I would be shocked if he didn't.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I agree with everyone saying that tonight's show was awful. To me, the thing that made it worse than it should have been was how absolutely dreadful the singers were! The band on this show has always been bad, but they set a new level in bad tonight. It was horrible! The singers who ruined all of those patriotic songs should be blackballed from ever singing in public again!

On the other hand, a couple of the dances were pretty good. I like Hines and Cheryl this season, along with most of the other couples. The only one I don't like is Kendra. I think old "Skanky Doodle Dandy" should go home tomorrow and then (if the singers get a tragic case of laryngitis) I will enjoy the rest of the season.

I'll stick with my original prediction of Petra, Kendra, or Romeo. Obviously I think Romeo going this soon would be a shocker, and while Kendra wouldn't be, I'm sure the show would market it as one. The fact that Sugar Ray left before Petra surprised me. Petra being in jeopardy last week may spare her this time. I don't know if that really works in terms of fans dialing in to vote or if they just call BS on the fake bottom 2/in jeopardy stuff and figure their favorite was probably safe all along.

I don't know if I think the band is all that bad. The singers? To go along with our American theme, their singing equates to cruel and unusual punishment. I often wonder if the band suffers because they have to cater more to the singers and their speed. They're just beyond bad, and getting worse every season. Nothing to make you feel patriotic than hearing 'America the Beautiful' getting slaughtered.

With the exception of Chelsea/Mark, who can't hit the road fast enough for me, with everyone left I'm going to greatly miss. I already missed SR/Anna tonight, with his beautiful smile and warm personality that lit up the dance floor. I'm sure with as bad as this theme was, SR would have done it proud.

I have watched every season of DWTS' and this was one of the worst episodes to date. IMO It wasn't so much the theme because I am all about being patriotic, but the songs didn't fit with the music they were dancing to. I made a comment in the AI thread defending the DWTS band because Idol's band is horrible, but the singers tonight were awful.
    You and me both, and anytime I think they can't worse, they prove me wrong. What's the deal with these themes? Story/dedication week makes sense. Patriotic week was just a bust. The singing and song selections were awful. The costume choices were cheap, tacky, and gaudy. The dancing was the worst it's been all season, with a few exceptions. The stage props, the oversized flags playing over the video screens, Tom and Brooke nearly getting buried alive in confetti (was all that confetti really needed? It's DWTS, not a presidential election), was pointless. It's the same old song and dance as every week, and these themes don't add anything.

+ Reply to Thread