+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So glad Mark/Chelsea didn't do any better than Cheryl/Chris--and less well than Kym/Hines.

I don't suppose there's a prayer of this happening, but I wouldn't feel even the tiniest bit sorry if Mark/Chelsea went home soon. I don't like him, and I don't find her particularly memorable. She's just another perky Disney kid to me.

Tonights results:
    Hines & Kym 27
    Chelsea & Mark 26
    Romeo & Chelsie 26
    Chris & Cheryl 26
    Kirstie & Maks 23
    Petra & Dmitry 22
    Kendra & Louis 22
    Ralph & Karina 22

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm just not getting the Chris Jericho love, tho. I mean, he does have the presence and can own the stage, and knows the moves. It's just that his entire dances come off, to me, like a series of moves - not a cohesive dance. Or maybe I just don't like him. I don't know - I'll give him a chance, tho.

I love Petra. I thought she kept up very well. I think she's learning how to act like a dancer rather than being a model. Kudos to her. (Besides being easy on the eyes. )

FORT Fan

I completely agree with you, Tilden. Just don't understand all the gushing over Chelsea.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    So glad Mark/Chelsea didn't do any better than Cheryl/Chris--and less well than Kym/Hines.

I don't suppose there's a prayer of this happening, but I wouldn't feel even the tiniest bit sorry if Mark/Chelsea went home soon. I don't like him, and I don't find her particularly memorable. She's just another perky Disney kid to me.
    I wouldn't, either, if only to ensure he doesn't hoist the mirror ball again. I'm sure that'll be the tagline when Derek returns: they each have 3 trophies so it's all about seeing who can get the 4th (since they seem to think it's all about them; my money would be on Derek if that happened). I'm glad they didn't get 10s. I hope the show doesn't turn a new leaf and start forcing a Mark win on us. I think so many of the other pros are deserving. And this season things are so wide open. It's been a great season so far, and seeing Chelsea/Mark go last or near last every week ensures the show is probably pushing them and means they might get higher scores than someone who danced better but went early.

I can understand the judges gushing over Chelsea-she's young so she appeals to Bruno's inner pervert, Len likes Mark, he's part of the Golden trio, and his choreography appeals likely to CA/Bruno. And Chelsea's young, which always seems to win the judges over.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-18-2011 at 10:38 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I think she did so much better this week-by a landslide-she didn't look uncomfortable or miserable or afraid. I enjoyed the song choice and it made me smile.

I think you have a valid point, too, with the producers. They want her to keep stumbling over the way she presents her viewpoints and what she actually means as opposed to the way it comes out. Let's see if we can keep baiting her in order to get one more sound bite.

I actually enjoyed Kendra's dance this week more than I enjoyed Romeo and Ralph's dances. She seemed to be in the moment.
    I think Kendra was really trying to take Louis' advice to heart. I still think you can see her "trying" as opposed to performing a character when she dances, but she at least attempted to control her remarks this week. She strikes me as extremely insecure and emotionally younger than she is. If DWTS can help her understand, even a little bit, that it isn't being untrue to yourself to adjust your behavior to situations--and to understand that not all criticism is meant to be personal--that would be a huge help to her.

Toby Keith tomorrow night? WHY? No thanks!!! I will tape it and fast forward through ANYTHINK that ignorant no talent hack does.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Kendra: I get the feeling that she and her husband have a strange relationship. It's like she's intimidated by him; I get the feeling that he's a real buzzard to live with. Just a feeling I get. This routine looks like something out of my high school stage musicals. It's almost like she is counting as she goes.

I am not really enjoying this week at all.
    Actually they have a very loving relationship by what I've seen on her show "Kendra" on E. Hank Baskett is on the quiet side as opposed to Kendra,though they both are very supportive of each others careers though it's been tough on Kendra not knowing how long Hank will be with an NFL team each season. If you get a chance check out her show, it's alot of fun.

FORT Regular

I sure hope Kirstie and Maks gets the votes to stay, looks like its going to be down to either Kirstie or Kendra.....I'm off to vote.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

My votes went to Ralph and Petra. Being tied with Kendra for the bottom, I am afraid for them. Kendra can go.

+ Reply to Thread