+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    And that is precisely why they put the top scorer in the bottom 3 in my opinion. I watched Tom's face and eyes every time he emphasized that they had scored the highest. Tom wasn't feeling badly. It was very clear to me that Mark wasn't going anywhere which I felt certain was the case.
    Mark was getting a shout out from Conrad and the rest of his crew about Mark's rebellious behavior. In my opinion, they are sending Mark the message that if he continues with this kind of behavior - pushing the envelop with the dances, etc - they are going to embarrass him by putting him in the bottom 3 and maybe in the bottom 2 and make it look like they don't have fans voting for them when that isn't true.
    Notice that Tom made the disclaimer that it wasn't necessarily the bottom two which means it also wasn't necessarily the actual bottom three either.

I highly suspect that Mark got the message last night. There was a reason that the top scorer was in the bottom three, and since it was Mark, and since Tom didn't say, "You have to vote for your favorite," I think Mark was being sent a message by Conrad and the producers in a way that would highly impact him and in which he would well understand.
    but what kind of message are you sending if you give them the encore dance of the night? to me it says... "Mark can do whatever he wants and get away with it" just hearing him in the background when Chelsea was talking about taking a risk and him arrogantly saying repeatedly "it was no risk" says how confident he is that he's the golden boy this year **gag**
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    but what kind of message are you sending if you give them the encore dance of the night? to me it says... "Mark can do whatever he wants and get away with it" just hearing him in the background when Chelsea was talking about taking a risk and him arrogantly saying repeatedly "it was no risk" says how confident he is that he's the golden boy this year **gag**
    The message is "you get the encore because you're good - you know you're good, we know you're good and the viewing public knows that you're good - but if you behave like a d-bag, you're leaving anyway".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    It could not have gotten any more ironic and pointed than that. The producers were aware that the judges were going to ask for Mark to dance the encore, and they were also aware that Mark was not in danger of leaving, so they pointedly "sent" a message to him. "You are a gifted choreographer and dancer, but you play by our rules, or you are going to pay for it."
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fan

It could not have gotten any more ironic and pointed than that. The producers were aware that the judges were going to ask for Mark to dance the encore, and they were also aware that Mark was not in danger of leaving, so they pointedly "sent" a message to him. "You are a gifted choreographer and dancer, but you play by our rules, or you are going to pay for it."
    It must have worked, for next week anyway. In a post-results show interview, he did say that next week he was going to choreograph a traditional samba.

I bet Chelsea breathed a sigh of relief.

but getting slapped with a wet noodle won't even phase him
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I wish Kendra had gone. She is wooden and her attitude is awful. When she kept making such disparaging comments about Louis and having to fake a romance with him for a dance? I wanted to smack her. I've never seen her on anything other than this so I can only base my opinion on how she's acted here.

Sugar Ray - another one who was being seen in a bad light on this show. He just came off as so bitter and angry, I'm not at all surprised he was voted off. I do wish it had been Kendra though so we could see more of Anna.
    I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but I thought SR went out with one of the most classiest exits on this show. And was definitely a classy guy throughout.

It must have worked, for next week anyway. In a post-results show interview, he did say that next week he was going to choreograph a traditional samba.

I bet Chelsea breathed a sigh of relief.
    I think Mark will take risks (or not take risks according to him even though they are) every other week until he figures the judges have no choice but to bow down to his greatness. Either way, he'll probably still outdance Chelsea next week, but all she needs to do is shake it for Bruno and he'll be happy. I'm sure CA will love it, too. It was really a joke putting them in the bottom 2. No one knew they were going home. Anna should have just interrupted Tom and said she knew it was them

No, she's not one of the dancing sisters. Ashley and Ryan are the married couple who competed against each other on SYTYCD a couple of seasons ago. You're thinking of the girl who was unfortunate enough to get Master P as partner.
    Thanks for clarifying, I thought Tom said DelGrosso. Which made me wonder if Ashly got divorced and why the girl I thought was Ashly or Afton didn't look like them

I was only half watching on Monday when Mark & Chelsea were dancing. I was doing other things, so last night I paid attention during the encore.

That was no more a Waltz than it was an Irish Jig!! Did it fit with the music? Yes. Was it entertaining? Yes. Was it done well? Absolutely! But it was NOT a waltz. It was a Freestyle.
    They didn't deserve those high marks. Mark should have been reprimanded soundly & their marks should have been docked substantially for not following their assigned dance.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Sugar Ray was sure gracious last night!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, I thought Tom said DelGrosso. Which made me wonder if Ashly got divorced and why the girl I thought was Ashly or Afton didn't look like them
    FYI...A little tidbit about the Dancing DelGrosso Family....

Dance Spirit magazine

It’s 8 am at Center Stage Performing Arts Studio in Orem, UT, and the DelGrosso sisters—Amber, Ashly, Autumn, Afton, Averie and Abreá—have arrived three hours early for their Dance Spirit photo shoot. Amber (31), Ashly (28) and Autumn (25), all with infants and toddlers in tow, set their kids up with snacks, while Averie (19) dives into her giant makeup box and starts doing Afton’s (21) makeup. Abreá (16), who has just received her driver’s license, goes on a trip to Starbucks for the group. Before I even have time to put names to faces, I think, “Wow, these girls are insanely pretty.” With their bronzed skin, long brown hair and dark facial features—not to mention their super-toned bodies—they look remarkably alike.

I am sorry, Harmony, I don't have a clue about SR's attitude that you describe...I must have missed it. All I saw from him was entirely pleasant to everyone on the show. He displayed a very endearing attitude as far as I could see. Others could learn from him...perhaps Kendra should observe his playbacks.

+ Reply to Thread