+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Tony is on GMA right now. Already there have been two Cinderella references.

According to Tony, Kirstie only got two of her toes back into her shoe before getting back up and dancing again. He also praised her attitude and said she keeps everything light and fun.

He gave Mark a sort of supportive statement, but he was quite clear that he thinks Hines and Kym were underscored. He went so far as to say that when he saw them in rehearsal, he was sure they'd be at the top of the leader board. He also referred to Chris (whose name he couldn't remember) as showing a lot of improvement and gave props to Sugar Ray for having the guts to go on camera in tights.

He thinks Kendra, Petra, and possibly "little Romeo" could be in trouble tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    EXCELLENT point. And the traditional steps of the dance added so much to the movie scene. I wish anyone but Mark had danced to the Harry Potter theme. I love all things Harry Potter. I do NOT love anything about Mark Ballas (his dancing, his attitude, etc.). It was weird to hear music I love being used by someone who sets my teeth on edge.

Thank goodness it's over.
    I completely agree! I love the music from Harry Potter, and was thrilled to hear it played last night, but watching Mark mock the dance that went along with it was so disappointing. When he came out in that ridiculous hat (I guess it was supposed to be a wizard's hat?) and then started dancing so frenetically, he looked more like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz than Harry Potter. I was insulted on behalf of J. K. Rowling. His smug attitude tells me he feels completely entitled to dance any way he wants, regardless which dance he's supposed to be doing. That irks me because nobody else would be able to get away with that nonsense. He gives me the impression that since there are no Houghs this season, he just assumes the mirror ball trophy is his. And it might be.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I completely agree! I love the music from Harry Potter, and was thrilled to hear it played last night, but watching Mark mock the dance that went along with it was so disappointing. When he came out in that ridiculous hat (I guess it was supposed to be a wizard's hat?) and then started dancing so frenetically, he looked more like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz than Harry Potter. I was insulted on behalf of J. K. Rowling. His smug attitude tells me he feels completely entitled to dance any way he wants, regardless which dance he's supposed to be doing. That irks me because nobody else would be able to get away with that nonsense. He gives me the impression that since there are no Houghs this season, he just assumes the mirror ball trophy is his. And it might be.
    On one hand I don't think that the star shouldn't be penalized for the choices that the pro makes but Marks attitude about everything, along with the butt kissing the judges do to him... really can get on your nerves

I don't think Chelsea will get the votes that get Mark even close to the mirror ball this year....thank goodness!!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Although I'm not watching this season - I am seeking out youtube footage of the dances. Poor Kirstie, but besides the shoe incident, the waltz was nice. Ralph was solid and I enjoyed Mark's dance, but it didnt' look like a Paso to me.

I don't think this will harm Kirstie - I still see a Ralph/Kirstie F2. And I must say, Kirstie has always been a very beautiful woman, and the weight loss is showing - I hope I look that great at 60!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Although I'm not watching this season - I am seeking out youtube footage of the dances. Poor Kirstie, but besides the shoe incident, the waltz was nice. Ralph was solid and I enjoyed Mark's dance, but it didnt' look like a Paso to me.

I don't think this will harm Kirstie - I still see a Ralph/Kirstie F2. And I must say, Kirstie has always been a very beautiful woman, and the weight loss is showing - I hope I look that great at 60!!
    I hope Kirstie is able to make it all the way to F2. The way she picked herself up and overcame first the fall from last week, and then the shoe incident from last night was very impressive. She managed to do two beautiful dances in spite of those troubles. The Kirstie/Maks pairing is so fun to watch. No excuses, just DO it! I want to see her in the F2 with Ralph, dance her heart out, lose a ton of weight, and show Charlie Sheen what 'winning' is really all about! LOL
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Kirsty is not a good enough dancer to make the final 2 on skill but her popularity may put her there. We may have the same situation as we did with Bristol but, in this case, many are in favor of that happening! I know, I know. Some will step forward, cry outrage and be against that happening. I don't take this or any other reality show serious enough to care deeply about the outcome.

I think Romeo is in danger of going tonight.
    Just a hunch. I would not be surprised to see Kendra safe. I know little about her, but since she has had two reality shows she must have fans. I have never heard of Romeo and I dont think I am alone on that.

Sugar Ray is another one who could leave.
    I am not sure men vote and they would be his fan base. How many women like boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Kirsty is not a good enough dancer to make the final 2 on skill but her popularity may put her there. We may have the same situation as we did with Bristol but, in this case, many are in favor of that happening! I know, I know. Some will step forward, cry outrage and be against that happening. I don't take this or any other reality show serious enough to care deeply about the outcome.

I think Romeo is in danger of going tonight.
    Just a hunch. I would not be surprised to see Kendra safe. I know little about her, but since she has had two reality shows she must have fans. I have never heard of Romeo and I dont think I am alone on that.

Sugar Ray is another one who could leave.
    I am not sure men vote and they would be his fan base. How many women like boxing?

first bolded - that's exactly what will put her in the F2. And with no ringers this season, it's an even playing field. But when it comes to fan bases we know they have a huge impact - when Donnie Osmond did the show I didn't bother watching cuz it's was clear he would win no.matter.what. Bristol beat the odds and got to F3 with a Disney star and an 80s star.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    Ditto on that. Hopefully, the Disney tweeners are watching something besides DWTS.
    My tweener was in bed. Last week she was on spring break so I let her stay up to watch the first half. She didn't like M/C...she said...nevermind...but she is picky and asked me not to vote for them. As if I would...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I'm fearful that it could be Kirsty. The tweens do not know her from Adam!! Ditto for SR whom I have greatly enjoyed seeing resurface, he is just as joyful today as he was in yesteryear. .... I would least miss Kendra. Sadly she does not seem to recognize the opportunity she has been given on this show. But, she has a huge fanbase which is further depressing to me so I'm thinking bye bye to someone way more happy to be there than her, boo hoo.

[QUOTE=shoepie;4267152]Kirsty is not a good enough dancer to make the final 2 on skill but her popularity may put her there. We may have the same situation as we did with Bristol but, in this case, many are in favor of that happening! I know, I know. Some will step forward, cry outrage and be against that happening. I don't take this or any other reality show serious enough to care deeply about the outcome.
    [B]
    QUOTE]

I agree that it could seem hypocritical, but for me, the difference is that Kirstie's support is coming from her own earned popularity, not somebody else's, and at least she is very entertaining to watch, in and of herself, and seems to have an exemplary attitude, IMO. Also, this is the first time that Maks will benefit from his partner's popularity over ability, unlike in several past seasons where the reverse was true, and he was eliminated too early.

Overall, I loved classical night and hope they make it a regular theme. The fabulous musical performances by the orchestra and the singers really made me realize how much more enjoyable the dancing as a whole is to watch when there is no wacky music or screeching singing distracting me in the middle of the performance.

+ Reply to Thread