+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Totally agree that Chris and Hines were badly underscored.

I'd like to see Sugar Ray stay around for a while longer. He is improving and he's thoroughly enjoying and appreciating the experience.

As for Mark, he clearly wants to choreograph for Broadway and he'll probably be quite good at it, but he is not teaching or choreographing ballroom. Re his comment about his partner being 22 and his wanting their dance to be younger and fresher, I would remind him that in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the characters and actors were younger and fresher than Mark or Chelsie and when they waltzed at the dance, it was a true waltz.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I really loved the format tonight. It didn't hurt that Katherine Jenkins is one of my favorite performers right now. The classical format brought out the best in most of the couples. The orchestra sounded great! I hope they continue this special night on future DWTS seasons.

I think that most of the couples stepped up to the challenge. The exception was Kendra. Her attitude towards Louis and the show are unwarranted. This could be her big break to make it into the mainstream and she is not making the most of it. If she could get over herself and accept the show's focus she could reach out to a whole new audience. As it is she is forever labeling herself as unworthy of admiration. I hope she goes this week.

The folks that continue to surprise me are Kirstie, Chris and Petra. This season is proving to be the most competitive yet and I love that. Bravo to the producers for selecting this cast.

The only complaint I have about this cast, is that from here on out (with the exception of Chelsie and Mark), it will be incredibly sad to see any of these stars leave!

It's really amazing how you can attach to someone you see putting their hearts out there on the floor and really trying!

We all know Sugar Ray isn't the greatest dancer, but he tries so hard that you can't help but love him!

While I do like Kendra, her attitude as of late has been rubbing me the wrong way. She always has an excuse and takes offense to everything the judges say instead of using what they say and growing as a dancer. She just doesn't connect to the dance and I say it every week how her face never expresses the correct emotion!

As far Mark and Chelsie, Mark is just arrogant as heck and it is really getting on my last nerve! You have been on this show for how long? You know the judges like traditional, so GMAB.

I have absolutely no idea who I want to win this season! I am totally in love with Chris, Hines, Ralph, Romeo, and Kirstie! Heck, I'm even starting to love Petra! Any of these six in the top three and I would be completely satisfied!

I've never, in all my years of watching DWTS, not been able to narrow down the field to one favorite, but this year has caught me totally off guard with everyone and I am loving it!

And it's funny that we always seem to complain of how much the judges overscore overscore overscore, but this season, they are seriously underscoring! Hines and Chris both deserved a 27 for their Paso's, IMO.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fan

Best dance of the night_ Paso Doble performed by Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke and this dance also has the worst music selection. Kudos to Cheryl for creating a beautiful dance to that terrible piece. Chris continues to surprise with his ability to emote the spirit of the dance without overdoing it. I hope they'll escape elimination tomorrow night. I never thought I will like this wrestler, he seems so classy despite that 'wrestling' image. Ok, I don't really care for his sport but this guy is winning me over.

Agreed! Chris had a horrible music selection for the Paso, but it was still beautiful! Had he been too overpowering, then like Carrie Ann said, he would've overpowered the music. I think it was a very good Paso for the music he was given!

I honestly hope it's Kendra that goes tomorrow night...sorry Louis! But she seems to be enjoying it the least, so I'd rather see a worse dancer (Sugar Ray) stay and enjoy himself another week, than see her sourpuss attitude. IMO.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I caved and watched Chelsea/Mark's dance, only because when I was FF through it it looked like Mark dropped and did the worm in the middle of the dance. I don't know what it was, but I can't believe CA and Bruno can justify liking it. They've probably fed his ego so I hope they can keep justifying over scoring that crap and explaining why others are getting dinged for minor things. Mark had an arrogant smirk on his face like he was challenging the judges to say something. Chelsea looked worried. I kind of feel for her. But if losing her got Mark off my screen, I'd take it. If/when they get eliminated, or lose, I don't think it'll be pretty. There isn't going to be any room left in the ballroom by the end of the season if Mark's head gets any bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I really loved the format tonight. It didn't hurt that Katherine Jenkins is one of my favorite performers right now. The classical format brought out the best in most of the couples. The orchestra sounded great! I hope they continue this special night on future DWTS seasons.

I think that most of the couples stepped up to the challenge. The exception was Kendra. Her attitude towards Louis and the show are unwarranted. This could be her big break to make it into the mainstream and she is not making the most of it. If she could get over herself and accept the show's focus she could reach out to a whole new audience. As it is she is forever labeling herself as unworthy of admiration. I hope she goes this week.

The folks that continue to surprise me are Kirstie, Chris and Petra. This season is proving to be the most competitive yet and I love that. Bravo to the producers for selecting this cast.

This was one of my favorite episode's of DWTS in a long time.

Petra has continued to impress me and I look forward to seeing her dance each week. I loved the emotional connection Ralph showed during his dance. I think this season is pretty even and it is anyone's game at this point.

However, I think Hines might have an edge over the other contestants when you combine the voting and judges scores.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Kendra seriously needs to get some security in herself. She is so worried about what everyone will think of her that she is becoming a hot mess. She has a beautiful baby, and a husband that adores her time to get a little bit more secure. I really did not like her making fun of the music. I know she is sort of a tomboy and not really known for her class, but she knew what she was signing up for, and I think it was totally disrespectful to Louis and his career choice and somewhat to the show.

I love how this season we get surprises in the scores, and we have no idea who is going to win each week. I am finally glad there are no Houghs on the show to monopolize the voting and judges scores. We know they are talented, but it was getting out of control. I just hope Mark follows them out the door soon as his act is getting old.

Hines and Petra make me smile so much when they dance. They really and truly are trying to do their best. Ralph, Kirstie, Romeo, and Sugar Ray are a joy to watch and are my second tier of favorites. I would not mind seeing Chelsie and Kendra go next. I just am not warming up to the two of them.

FORT Fogey

Kirstie has a great attitude and bad luck. She still does well around it, however. I'm not sure that was her best "look," though.
    I am looking forward to what these two come up with next. They are a great pairing.

I was not at all sure what Mark was about in that outfit when he came out. What I did think was that the music was terrible to try to dance to - there was little melody. It was an odd dance for a VW with an odd costume choice. However, when he explained it was from Harry Potter, it made better sense.
    He is still lucky that Len didn't give him a 3 on principle.

I have to say, though, that the music was horrible for a dance choice - who chose that for them? If Mark did, then he brought those limiting problems upon himself.

All of that said, again, they danced the wrong dance superbly. However, this early in the game, I am not sure that is working well for them.

As for Chris and Hines, I have been thinking about their performances and scores, and this is what I think maybe happened.
    Hines danced very well and he matched Kim step for step, but the steps were not very intricate for a Paso. That was not a difficult Paso at all.

Now Chris's Paso was much more flashy, but he was not as smooth as Hines was; therefore, his score, too, was not as high as could have been.

Kendra's attitude is dragging her down.

I think the bottom three are going to maybe be Sugar Ray, Kendra, and Chris. I believe that Sugar Ray probably should go home, but Kendra's attitude is so poor, that she may go. I think it is really close, but that is just my opinion.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    . . . Re his comment about his partner being 22 and his wanting their dance to be younger and fresher, I would remind him that in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the characters and actors were younger and fresher than Mark or Chelsie and when they waltzed at the dance, it was a true waltz.
    EXCELLENT point. And the traditional steps of the dance added so much to the movie scene. I wish anyone but Mark had danced to the Harry Potter theme. I love all things Harry Potter. I do NOT love anything about Mark Ballas (his dancing, his attitude, etc.). It was weird to hear music I love being used by someone who sets my teeth on edge.

Thank goodness it's over.

+ Reply to Thread