+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Result Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/5 Result Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Tony got Kate last season and now Wendy. I would be asking some questions if I were Tony!

No one knows how production matches the couples including the pros. Joy Behar asked Cheryl and her answer read as genuine when she replied, good question, we would all like to know.

Cheryl and Mak seem to be leading in popularity and get better picks. Where is Edyta? I love that woman. There must have been some reason she could not participate.
    Tony had Audrina last season. He had Kate season 10 and, according to him, he did let the producers hear about it. Of course he got a pretty decent partner in Audrina but she got picked apart by the judges. He gets a good partner, it's a season that he's up against people like Jennifer Grey and Bristol Palin. We get a wide open season, he gets someone like Wendy. I wonder if his wife is still a fan of hers. I figured I wasn't missing much on Kimmel. I read a People article about Monday night's show, and Wendy said she didn't believe they deserved the lowest scores of the night. Normally I might chalk it up to someone trying to boost their self esteem up, but she really believed it. I think Wendy came in with a false pretense of how good she really was, and that her personality that's worked for her elsewhere would get her by. If she had shown any personality, maybe it would have worked. But judging by the reaction from her farewell speech to herself, probably not

Edyta has decided to move on from the show, as has Alec and Jonathan I loved all 3 so I'll miss them. Rumor had it Edyta had a falling out with the producers before the start of season 11 because of the crappy partners she always got, and wanting her husband to participate more in the show than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post

On another note, my Kirstie-love grew when she mocked Brooke and her ridiculous questions about the fall (how many more times are we going to see the footage of that?) with her "spaced out" response to her- "you're so pretty, Brooke". Maks was also cracking up. The chemistry between them is priceless.
    I actually love them together maybe even more that him and Mel B and I looooooved them He's so, so happy esp in practice.

As for Brooke, I'm guessing that she signed a multi-year contract with the show. They have plenty of comments about her every season; yet, she stays put.

She's an excellent model and gets traffic on her mom website; I wish she'd stick with those.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Edyta has decided to move on from the show, as has Alec and Jonathan I loved all 3 so I'll miss them. Rumor had it Edyta had a falling out with the producers before the start of season 11 because of the crappy partners she always got...
    Good for Edyta--not taking their crap. Almost every season we see the Hough/Ballas (and Cheryl to some degree) dynasty get the pick of the litter and the same pros (Tony, Edyta, Lacey, Dimitri) get the slim pickings...in fact, most of these pros have only had ONE (maybe two) contestants throughout the entire life of the show that even had a prayer of winning! I will admit that I think Cheryl and Derek are two of the best choreographers and they are making a tv show but this happens EVERY season.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Bachelor contestants and DWTS don't seem to mix well in this forum, it leads to extreme opinions and locked threads.
    Well at least most of us agreed about ol Jake--what a mega-douche! They need to replace poor Brooke, but I agree that Melissa R (and i was a fan) is not a good option. They need a confident, semi-educated (in dance) co-host who doesn't look like a deer in headlights. I know this sounds a bit crazy but I wonder how Kyle would do--he has a "minor" background now, understands what everyone is going through, and is confident and funny. I also think he would be geniunely interested in the contestants comments and ask good questions...maybe?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-06-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Bachelor contestants and DWTS don't seem to mix well in this forum, it leads to extreme opinions and locked threads.

I love Maks & Kirstie's exchange in the Kiss & Cry, where Maks said as long as he was going down he was going to pull her down with him.
    In fairness, besides Trista who went home night one, there have only been 2 other bach people on this show, and with Melissa you either loved her or hated her - there really was no middle of the road, with Jake, well, he was Jake and he did exactly what everyone expected of him.

Sorry Tony = maybe next season, it really is your turn to get a contender.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

The chemistry between Kirstie and Maks is pretty spectacular, and really rare. There was a photo in the newspaper today that showed them waiting to hear their fate last night. She was standing in front of him, with her arm behind her holding on to his arm. It looked so sweet - like two old friends who admire and respect one another and who are having a grand time together.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Good for Edyta--not taking their crap. Almost every season we see the Hough/Ballas (and Cheryl to some degree) dynasty get the pick of the litter and the same pros (Tony, Edyta, Lacey, Dimitri) get the slim pickings...in fact, most of these pros have only had ONE (maybe two) contestants throughout the entire life of the show that even had a prayer of winning! I will admit that I think Cheryl and Derek are two of the best choreographers and they are making a tv show but this happens EVERY season.
    It's why I don't miss Derek and the love fest he'd likely be getting this season. And why I don't want Mark to win, because if Derek's back next year, I'll already guess he'll be adding another mirrorball to his collection. There wasn't even any suspense the last two seasons over who was winning, and at least this season the judges are actually remaining more impartial. I'm enjoying it. At least they don't have their head up Mark's behind. I have to admit seeing his attitude seeth through when he doesn't get his way is fairly enjoyable. Once Derek gets a partner where he actually has to work his magic and drag her across the floor, if he can make something out of that, something out of a person like Wendy (or anyone of the type of partners poor Tony usually gets), I'll never criticize him again. Any international version I've seen hasn't seemed so lopsided towards the same pros.

Well, it was certainly Wendy's time to go. No surprise there at all.
    I thought her remarks were fine - didn't seem at all arrogant to me.
    I did think it was so funny when she said, contrary to popular belief, not all black women...can dance. Way too funny.
    I'm the last person to defend Brooke. Not a big fan at all. But, it's obvious that all her lines are scripted. So, I can't blame her there. I loved Kirstie's response to her, though....
    This happens to only be Brooke's 2nd year, by the way, although it sure as heck feels like she's been there an eternity.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Tony had Audrina last season. He had Kate season 10 and, according to him, he did let the producers hear about it. Of course he got a pretty decent partner in Audrina but she got picked apart by the judges. He gets a good partner, it's a season that he's up against people like Jennifer Grey and Bristol Palin. We get a wide open season, he gets someone like Wendy. I wonder if his wife is still a fan of hers. I figured I wasn't missing much on Kimmel. I read a People article about Monday night's show, and Wendy said she didn't believe they deserved the lowest scores of the night. Normally I might chalk it up to someone trying to boost their self esteem up, but she really believed it. I think Wendy came in with a false pretense of how good she really was, and that her personality that's worked for her elsewhere would get her by. If she had shown any personality, maybe it would have worked. But judging by the reaction from her farewell speech to herself, probably not

Edyta has decided to move on from the show, as has Alec and Jonathan I loved all 3 so I'll miss them. Rumor had it Edyta had a falling out with the producers before the start of season 11 because of the crappy partners she always got, and wanting her husband to participate more in the show than he did.
    Thanks. As a ballroom dancer I wonder where you move on after a TV show with ratings though the roof. Sounds like she was fired. Too bad, Edyta was my most, very, very favorite. Something about her caught my attention and my heart.

Wendy is a rehearsed personality. She is not as compelling or witty as she thinks. I didn't see an authentic woman there. She has a schtick and tried to continue that but it didn't work in this arena. I have never watched her show but have seen enough on The Soup to get it that she is acting a part and could not keep that up here. Not that she should have either!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Thanks. As a ballroom dancer I wonder where you move on after a TV show with ratings though the roof. Sounds like she was fired. Too bad, Edyta was my most, very, very favorite. Something about her caught my attention and my heart.

Wendy is a rehearsed personality. She is not as compelling or witty as she thinks. I didn't see an authentic woman there. She has a schtick and tried to continue that but it didn't work in this arena. I have never watched her show but have seen enough on The Soup to get it that she is acting a part and could not keep that up here. Not that she should have either!
    I think why I'm liking Petra so much is that she reminds me a bit of Edyta in terms of personality. And why I love watching pros like Kym and Chelsie. Just absolutely sweet, completely real, deal with any card given to them even though they've taken their lumps, are enjoying themselves, are respectful to their partners even when they get treated like dirt in return. I feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle of why Edyta didn't return. She said she left on her own and it had nothing to do with the show, but even though she said she was leaving to pursue college and start a family, she still seems to be on the go performing all the time. I guess she and Alec have other projects in the works. She made a good point on her twitter, though, when asked why she's not returning. She said she can't be dependant on DWTS forever.

As for Wendy, I'm wondering who the real Wendy really is: the OTT loud mouth from her talk show, or this reserved little diva from the show.

I think why I'm liking Petra so much is that she reminds me a bit of Edyta in terms of personality. And why I love watching pros like Kym and Chelsie. Just absolutely sweet, completely real, deal with any card given to them even though they've taken their lumps, are enjoying themselves, are respectful to their partners even when they get treated like dirt in return. I feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle of why Edyta didn't return. She said she left on her own and it had nothing to do with the show, but even though she said she was leaving to pursue college and start a family, she still seems to be on the go performing all the time. I guess she and Alec have other projects in the works. She made a good point on her twitter, though, when asked why she's not returning. She said she can't be dependant on DWTS forever.

As for Wendy, I'm wondering who the real Wendy really is: the OTT loud mouth from her talk show, or this reserved little diva from the show.
    She's actually really insecure. She's talked about this before. Going out there and trying to dance in a situation she couldn't control was terrifying to her. I didn't see any diva behavior on the show. It came across to me as nerves. She did this show to challenge her fears. Also, I don't find her to be a loudmouth-she's gregarious and full of life. She's worked hard for years to obstain her success and that impresses me. Not everyone can talk on the radio or a televison show. You have to have a quick mind and an ability to keep the conversation flowing while being aware of the time constraints.
    Yes, she tanked on DWTS, but the Wendy I listen to is not a loudmouthed diva.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread