+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 4/4 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm enjoying the heck out of Chelsea. Mark needs to tone it down a bit though. He has a terrific dancer to work with. He needs to showcase HER more.

Poor Maks!! Kirstie handled it well. She was all smiles and didn't let it get her down. You have to admire that. I would have been an embarrassed mess.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62 View Post
    I hope they go back to the "Encore Dance" tomorrow night and let Kirstie and Maks have a do-over. That is, if Maks is up to it.

It truely started out as something special. I love "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on ukelele.

To their credit, they recovered pretty quickly and it finished very strong. I can only imagine how great it would have been without the fall. Please just let Maks be OK.
    This is exactly what I was thinking...hope it all works out and we can see them dance it tomorrow night.

I do not think they low balled Ralph tonight. He was not as good as last week. His hands were stiff and a little robotic and his shoulders seem to droop. I did not feel his emotions while dancing as I did with some of the others. He is such a sweetie and I do think he will do well though. I was most impressed with Hines and also Petra, who was much improved. I think Kendra and Chris both did better this week. I hope Kendra can overcome her nervousness and relax more, including her expression. I think the bottom 3 should be Wendy, Romeo and SR. I hope Wendy goes home as she was by far the worst tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I actually like that song Chelsea, Chelsea that she and Mark danced to, Chelsea was my beloved Golden Retriever's name R.I.P. last year. But Karalott, I don't think you have to worry about Mark winning this season. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they are in trouble this week. I don't see her as having a huge fanbase at this time. She could be a Wendy victim this week.
    Don't underestimate the Disney Tween Fanbase that watches this show!!

I felt horrible for Maks - he recovered but you could tell he was in pain and to do that dance was amazing. I hope it was just a cramp but I wouldn't be surprised if he tweeked something...He is such a stud to dance through that pain...I too would be happy to help nurse him back to health

I love Petra - shes ok as a dancer but as a person she is amazing - she has such grace and is so sweet

And I love Ralph - I truly don't think you could find a nicer guy in Hollywood!!

I'm over Kendra and Wendy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by cape View Post
    Don't underestimate the Disney Tween Fanbase that watches this show!!

I felt horrible for Maks - he recovered but you could tell he was in pain and to do that dance was amazing. I hope it was just a cramp but I wouldn't be surprised if he tweeked something...He is such a stud to dance through that pain...I too would be happy to help nurse him back to health

I love Petra - shes ok as a dancer but as a person she is amazing - she has such grace and is so sweet

And I love Ralph - I truly don't think you could find a nicer guy in Hollywood!!

I'm over Kendra and Wendy.
    I say don't underestimate Mark's fanbase. I think this time, if they win, it will be because of him. I really hope that doesn't happen I think they're probably safe this week. No matter what they do, they're going to have a hard core fanbase voting for them. I can only hope that they might turn enough other people off, or that whoever is left gains steam and fans. I just can't get into his choreography, his dancing, or his mugging.

I think you hit the nail on the head what I like about Petra: a beautiful, amazing person, an okay dancer that is lucky to have such a shining personality. I think she'll probably make it a few more weeks and then get ousted. I have tons of respect for her and, like everyone pretty much this season, can't not root for her. So many sweethearts in the cast this time, all drama free, just enjoying themselves, really giving it their all, and wanting to be there.

Maks's publicist tweeted he'll be doing GMA in the morning to discuss the dance tonight. He tweeted on his own twitter that he's really sorry to all the fans, and it won't happen again. He also credited Kirstie. I just hope this doesn't end the season for him I can't imagine Kirstie with anyone else. I remember reading when Maks was a teenager, he badly injured his leg in a sledding accident, to the point where doctors thought he'd never dance or walk without a limp again (this was actually the subject of his bit on Celebrity Ghost Stories). I don't believe I've ever heard him say it ever acted up on him again, but it made me worry seeing him wince in pain. I wonder if it was a groin injury. Whatever the case, it looked painful. I get a paper cut and I want to cry. I couldn't imagine continuing to dance through that.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

What an interesting night. The rumba is my least fave dance to watch as I just don't get it. When it is not portrayed as a sexy dance, like tonight, I enjoyed it much more. Especially Chris Jericho. He was a pre-season favorite but has more than impressed me week after week. I'm thinking he will be part of the F4.

After watching Hines, this competition is his to lose. He just has winner written all over him. That was a pretty fun samba especially for week 3. I adore him *sigh*

Sugar Ray who was also a pre-season fave, just didn't bring it tonight. I certainly didn't see what the judges saw. I thought they were kinda unfair to him the last two weeks but this week they overpraised? I'm confused.

I feel so bad for Kirstie, she's going to be slaughtered in the press, for something that is totally not her fault. Hopefully this won't affect her future performances and am sending healing thoughts to Maks.

Ralph who was a pre-season favorite, and has done well so far was pretty disappointing tonight. He kinda looked like that awkward Daniel LaRusso when he was trying to romance Ali in the Karate Kid. It was cute back then, tonight--not so much.

Don't usually care for the Disney robots, errm, kids but Chelsea is adorable. Have not ever seen anything she has done professionally, but on this show she comes across as pretty genuine and very sweet.

Don't know why Wendy came on this show, she took someone else's spot. She is coming across as someone who doesn't give a $#*! about this show, just a tad bit more interested than Master P. Bye bye Wendy.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    What an interesting night. The rumba is my least fave dance to watch as I just don't get it. When it is not portrayed as a sexy dance, like tonight, I enjoyed it much more. Especially Chris Jericho. He was a pre-season favorite but has more than impressed me week after week. I'm thinking he will be part of the F4.

After watching Hines, this competition is his to lose. He just has winner written all over him. That was a pretty fun samba especially for week 3. I adore him *sigh*

Sugar Ray who was also a pre-season fave, just didn't bring it tonight. I certainly didn't see what the judges saw. I thought they were kinda unfair to him the last two weeks but this week they overpraised? I'm confused.

I feel so bad for Kirstie, she's going to be slaughtered in the press, for something that is totally not her fault. Hopefully this won't affect her future performances and am sending healing thoughts to Maks.

Ralph who was a pre-season favorite, and has done well so far was pretty disappointing tonight. He kinda looked like that awkward Daniel LaRusso when he was trying to romance Ali in the Karate Kid. It was cute back then, tonight--not so much.

Don't usually care for the Disney robots, errm, kids but Chelsea is adorable. Have not ever seen anything she has done professionally, but on this show she comes across as pretty genuine and very sweet.

Don't know why Wendy came on this show, she took someone else's spot. She is coming across as someone who doesn't give a $#*! about this show, just a tad bit more interested than Master P. Bye bye Wendy.
    I also don't like the rumba, and was disappointed that there were going to be 5 tonight. I think it's the most boring, overrated dance on this show in terms of the producers hyping up the "sexual chemistry" it's supposed to create. Very few have ever been memorable to me, but tonight wasn't too bad. I'd probably give the win in that round to Chris/Cheryl. Kirstie did much better than I expected, the injury aside. I thought if she couldn't hack the dancing style Maks would just have her basically stand in place. But she did a great job. I'm hoping that nothing is poked fun at regarding her weigh and Maks's injury. In watching the clip, it doesn't look like one could really blame her or say it was her fault. She's a strong woman, so I'm sure she'll deal with any backlash that comes her way just fine, and she's got a supportive cast to back her up.

I wondered if the judges were trying to make it up to SR after last week I didn't really have an issue with their praise, but I was surprised by it. I think he was a tad overscored, but it evens out for me after the last two weeks. Maybe Len's remarks last week were reverse psychology for people to vote for him, maybe not. I do hope Wendy goes tomorrow. I just can't imagine it getting any better, and I think her attitude will get thrown in there and make it even worse. Poor Tony Since that can't be said enough. Ralph was pretty stiff tonight; the rumba was not his best dance. However, I think it deserved a wee bit better than it got. Hines/Kym are adorable.

Len was even more cranky than usual tonight. But I do enjoy his input, as he's often the voice of reason. So far, though, I'm thinking he's more crabby than usual and the other 2 are being the reasonable ones for a change. I thought it was awkward when Tom was stepping in and Len snapped at him. Finally, this seemed more like dedication week than story week. So many sad stories. It's nice to see that side of the celebs, though.

If Wendy doesn't go home tomorrow, I'll stick with SR or Romeo, though I'd hate to see them leave over her.

FORT Fogey

Kirstie has tweeted that Maks is fine, that he's a pro and dancers dance through pain all the time. I'm sorry he's in pain (or was in pain while finishing the dance--that part is a bit unclear to me), but the impression I get from this tweet, which is from two hours ago, is that Maks will be continuing on in the competition with Kirstie. Both her tweets and Maks' are positive in tone.

FORT Fogey

I hope the media doesn't run wild with fat jokes about Kirsty. Logic tells you that his quad muscle did experience strain from holding her extra weight in that particular step. Days of rehersal probably weakend it. She is used to it so will weather another storm should that happen. The media and comics have been relentless. I love this couple and expect to see them stay as some better dancers leave before them because of Kirsty's fan base. She is the biggest star that I can remember ever being on this show.
    Last edited by shoepie; 04-05-2011 at 08:07 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I hope the media doesn't run wild with fat jokes about Kirsty. Logic tells you that his quad muscle did experience strain from holding her extra weight in that particular step. Days of rehersal probably weakend it. She is used to it so will weather another storm should that happen. The media and comics have been relentless. I love this couple and expect to see them stay as some better dancers leave before them because of Kirsty's fan base. She is the biggest star that I can remember ever being on this show.
    The main theme this week was emotion, and there was plenty of that and to spare last night. For someone who tries to be fair, usually rational and practical, I was a bleeding heart.
    Although she didn't do very well on her dance, I was in the car with Wendy. Looking at the young and pretty picture of Chris's mom, I nearly cried with him as he held back the tears as they danced.

My heart just went out to Kirstie. Why oh why is it that sometimes we can't have something wonderful happen without having something even more tragic happen at exactly the same time? Her career launches, and her mom is killed, and her dad seriously injured by a drunk driver.
    Then to top her story off, she and Maks fell...
    I am a most blessed person, and the first one to say it, but sometimes life - just - sucks.

Petra's story, of course, has been a tugger from the word go. To see what she does with it is a natural pull. This week from the emotional angle was hers. Because I have now lost both my parents - although not tragically - I can begin to relate a smidgeon perhaps the parent stories, but I can't even begin to relate to the horror of Petra's story.

Although they are not tragic, the love stories and the other career stories had their own emotional pulls in their own way that I don't discount.

Dance wise, I do think that Mark and Chelsea delivered although I expected it to be a little stronger than it was. I think that whoever asked for a little more hip action was on it.
    I agree with the poster who said they have a very strong fanbase, though.

Chris came across has too powerful - which of course he is. He is going to have to tone that down. He did the steps, and it is not that he did not do them well, but they were too strong, which he is. Perhaps, I need to say he needs a softer touch in the execution.

I thought Kendra danced well! I did NOT like her preview practice clip. I respect Louis as an instructor, and she was putting him down. She could not have made it any clearer that she could not relate to Louis as a man. She just needs to learn when to keep her mouth shut. Even I, and I can be pretty tolerant, can run out of patience. She was dancing a role, and he was trying to teach her that.

It is true that Kirstie is heavy, but Maks is a reasonably big man, and he is a strong dancer. If that muscle had not been previously weakened, he most probably would not have had that collapse.
    I think they handled it beautifully in the situation, and I hope the best for them.
    I love the two of them together.

Ralph and Karina look good together. He is struggling to get it altogether. He is good but not great which I think is a positive for him given his background. It allows him to continue to take constructive criticism and improve.
    I thought it was sad that he is having to go to such lengths to assure the public that he "loves his wife of 24 years," (and there is nothing going on between Karina and him). That is what he was doing. He could not have made that any clearer. We heard it several times.

Sugar Ray actually was good on that Paso, but I have to question whether there is a fanbase strong enough for him. He was extremely well-known and popular back in the day, but that was before this big generation of viewers.
    I like this guy. He is soo humble!

Kim was so gorgeous last night. She reminded me of a ray of sunshine. I could hardly watch Hines for watching Kim. I am sorry to say it, but it is the truth. Nevertheless, he was fantastic.
    He just reminds me more and more of Apolo excepts his face is more charismatic.

This guy may run off with this thing.....
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fan

Bloomers, very insightful comment! Chris came across as too powerful in his execution. He needs to soften it a bit to make his transition from one movement to another look more fluid. However, overall, he is the most engaging performer last night _ the most effective storyteller of the night. Rumba is a very difficult sexy and sensual dance and even though he did not have enough hip action, i'd say that he still did a great job given the background of his dance _ a tribute to his mom. Cheryl basically enhanced the telling by interpreting his message and his feelings about his mom's passing and his love for her and he for his mom by ditching the 'sexy' partner role (she tried to use her 'Rumba' movement to show his feelings and sentiments). Great choreography _ great approach to the song and the connection to Chris and his message.

As regards Hines, he does have great hip action but he needs to match his movements to the beat. When you see him dancing, you'd immediately say "wow, he's got rhythm" and some equate him with Emmitt Smith. Well, there's a huge difference between the two _ Emmitt's rhythm came across as natural _ instinctive and the dance really flowed out of him effortlessly. Hines can work his hips great but if you look closely, his movements don't register as naturally instinctive as Emmitt's. With the right coaching, he'll really go far. I am looking forward to seeing his Rumba _ how he'll express himself in his hip movements ... hands, etc. Kym's a great dancer but, I think, what sets apart Cheryl from most of the pros is her ability to connect with her partner and the music. She's not just about the execution _ she's also about connecting the dance with the performer _ her partner. Their Rumba last night proved that _ she made her herself the 'medium' to articulate her partner's feelings and message _ effective technique _ a great 'cover' to downplay her partner's inadequacies or deficiencies. I love their soulful Rumba _ a very unexpected approach to the, traditionally, sexy ... sensual, passionate Rumba.
    Last edited by cherryyou; 04-05-2011 at 02:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread