+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 4/4 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/4 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Evan. Sigh. One of the few seasons he couldn't have won has to be the season he was cast in, the one where the winner was blatantly, boringly obvious from day one (not to mention being the one season Anna had a real live contender). I thought it was interesting that Len said tonight that this is one of his favorite seasons ever, because he can't predict who's going to be the best from week to week. That's the kind of casting they ought to aim for, even if they obviously can't ever guarantee it.
    Kind of reminds me of season 6. The one season Edyta could have finally won, and she and Jason had to be up against Kristi Yamaguchi. No one was beating that girl, no matter who her partner was. Same for season 10; it was obvious Nicole was winning, and I still haven't forgiven the judges for throwing Evan under the bus at the end of the season. Poor Anna. Her one true shot at winning. I doubt it'll ever happen for her again. That's why I really want someone other than Mark winning this time.

I have been getting through with no problem for Kirsty & Maks. Vote for them!

Thanks so much guys!

Funny thing though, after I called in only TWICE, it said I exceeded my number of votes. What a screwy system!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I actually like that song Chelsea, Chelsea that she and Mark danced to, Chelsea was my beloved Golden Retriever's name R.I.P. last year. But Karalott, I don't think you have to worry about Mark winning this season. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they are in trouble this week. I don't see her as having a huge fanbase at this time. She could be a Wendy victim this week.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    I have been getting through with no problem for Kirsty & Maks. Vote for them!
    I just tried. The line is busy. I think he will make it

I don't think Ralph did well tonight. It seemed a bit emotionless or robotic. I can't quite figure it out but compared to the last two weeks he was just okay tonight. So, I don't think they low balled him. Especially in comparison to Hines ( who I think might have some dance background that we don't know about because he's just too good too early to be a novice) and Petra, both hit it out of the ball park by comparison. Chris Jericho was also, IMO, better than Ralph tonight- both technically and emotionally. Chris is a dark horse here. He's shown such a wide variety of emotion in each of his dances-and has steadily improved. I think Ralph is at a plateau right now.
    I'm thrilled for Petra because she's just so adorable and self-effacing and genuine and sweet. I hope she stays. I worry Wendy will outlast her because of a larger fan base. Nothing against Wendy, I like her, but she seems so uncomfortable and insecure and it's like her exuberant personality has been sucked out of her body and replaced by the color beige. So blah. NO improvement. Sugar Ray came into his own tonight-at least in terms of comapring his previous efforts. Thsi guy is super competitive by naturte and that has to be playing a big role in how serioulsy he takes the critiques and the rankings. He really did show some skill tonight that was lacking beforehand. Plus, he has a high likability factor. Hope he manages to stay for a bit longer. But, the demographics might be against him.
    As for Kirstie and Maks, what a great pairing. Such a shame about the fall-because they danced beautifully otherwise-the song was perfect and she really moved well and told the story through those movements. I would think they might have received 9's if not for the spill. Getting straight 7's is quite good considering the fall was a big one. It's a testament to Kirstie and Maks connection and their determination to get through it.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 04-04-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Wow, Stay Gold? You wanna make me cry, Ralph? Now I gotta go watch The Outsiders.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Wow, Stay Gold? You wanna make me cry, Ralph? Now I gotta go watch The Outsiders.

I immediately knew the song. Thought of the movie and then Patrick S..
    I have just discovered the word...Smellfungus and will endeavor to use it someday.

FORT Fan

I hope they go back to the "Encore Dance" tomorrow night and let Kirstie and Maks have a do-over. That is, if Maks is up to it.

It truely started out as something special. I love "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on ukelele.

To their credit, they recovered pretty quickly and it finished very strong. I can only imagine how great it would have been without the fall. Please just let Maks be OK.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I forgot they didn't do an encore dance last week. It's not like they can't find time to fit it in It would be nice to see Kirstie/Maks get it. My guess, though, is Petra, with Hines a close second.

I got through some of the dances, skipping all the rehearsal footage and Brooke's backstage nothingness.

I just can't get into Chelsea/Mark. I try to put my dislike for the guy aside when I watch them, but I can't. Derek I can like and root for if I had to. Mark is exactly the same every.single.week. I just don't find anything new or unique about what he does. Chelsea can dance. That's about it. He never has a problem with the partners that can dance. I think Shawn and Kristi would have won with any other pro. I didn't care for their cha cha. I think they're going to go to the "relate to our peeps" angle a little too much. If he could take the criticism, fine. But I don't think he'll be able to if the judges don't start bowing in their favor. Which reminds me, Bruno gets creepier each week when it comes to some of these ladies.

Petra I didn't think deserved a 9. I certainly wouldn't have tied her with Hines. I expect her to pull off much better ballroom dances than latin. Especially if the song is fast paced. She got lucky with the jive, not sure if she will doing the samba or cha cha down the road. Maybe it is injury related. She just seems gangly. She's really not as bad as I thought she would be, even putting the injury aside. She's a doll, and I'm glad she's having so much fun and taking this experience the way she is.

I thought Kendra did better this week. Hopefully she keeps gaining more confidence, because I saw that come out in her more this week. And it did seem like she and Louis had more of a connection. I hope everything keeps going up for these two. She could be the comeback story of the season. Chris I throughly enjoyed-one of the best of the night. Considering where everyone fell with the scores, I think he deserved a little higher. Cheryl's done some good work this week and last with her choreography. Maybe it helps having a partner who can dance and isn't interested in a creepy showmance. Wendy-bless her heart. Bless Tony's patience, heart, and good natured good guy stance. Wendy, go out tomorrow and you can still have your head held high. However, I do think she might make it through and we'll lose a few others at her expense. That's as far as I've gotten so far.

ETA: I wonder if the judges are holding it against Romeo that his dad was Master P. He deserved more flack than he got. I feel Romeo's trying, but if the judges don't start easing up, I think he's just going to keep getting more frustrated. I think he's got potential. Once his nerves got in check, I think he'd be great. I don't know what Len's got against the kid. Someone pees in his water at the wrong times. I don't think he's as bad as they criticize him on, at least in comparision to some of the others. SR I thought did a good job, though I was a little disappointed with his dancing. But I love the guys attitude. I think the paso was a good choice for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets eliminated tomorrow, but I hope not. He's not horrible, but not one of the best left, either. Better than Wendy, though, and I don't cringe watching Anna because he can actually dance and bring personality to the floor. Hines-love him Ralph didn't do so hot tonight, but I think he got lowballed in the scores. Glad he got the rumba out of the way now, especially if it wasn't going to be a strong dance for him to begin with.

You guys had me a little too worried about Maks's fall. That looked plenty painful, but I thought he took a real spill. He's a trooper, and a lot of the celebs that whine about minor things could learn something. Kudos to Kirstie that she kept going. Hopefully he makes out all right. That's what a partnership is all about, and what being a pro is. I do hope the late night comics and anyone else thinking they're funnier than they really are don't make an issue about Kirstie's weight.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread