+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    When I saw some headlines of different articles where Tom was saying to keep him away, I thought it was Tom being Tom and there'd be something funny in there. But nope, Tom seemed to hold his ground he wanted nothing to do with him and wouldn't interview him. As if I couldn't love Tom anymore
    its like ABC was saying here let us reward you for behaving like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum..disgusting
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    its like ABC was saying here let us reward you for behaving like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum..disgusting
    I keep wondering, since when did acting like a douche, or making a sex tape, or being an abuser, translate into good publicity? Once upon a time posing for Playboy could be considered career suicide. After hearing about Cheryl's ordeal with being in abusive relationships, it makes me wonder what she feels about the guy. I'm glad Tom stood his ground and said if they made him interview him he'd have to bring up the chair throwing incident. Normally I don't pay much attention to the musical guests, anyway, and tonight was definitely no exception.

I have to say, something about this season feels so good. I love there's no drama. I love that everyone is so likeable. Everyone seems to really want to be there, to try hard, and are respectful of their partners. Sure, Romeo needs to get over the macho thing, Chelsea bugs me for her OTT attitude (but that may be because Mark is her partner, too), and I think Wendy is going to bring out her inner diva. But SR has talked so positively about this experience, and he looked so nervous about going home tonight. Even Petra, who I find a little dull, seems to just enjoy this and was so excited about being safe. I'm glad Cheryl brought out Chris's personality more this week, because he seems fun to have around. There's nothing to not like about Ralph. Hines/Kym are so sweet together. Maks is back to being happy Maks. Kirstie surprised everyone. At this point, aside from Chelsea/Mark, I'd really be happy with any outcome. I'm going to hate saying good bye to everyone left, whereas most seasons there's at least 5 couples that can't leave fast enough.

Not a fan of Chris Brown. I do hate though when news people try to change the subject to something he clearly did not want to discuss. The man kindly said to them he was there to discuss his new song and yet she felt the need to ignore his request. Why have him on and let him believe the interview was music related and not about his past mistakes.

Glad my faves are safe.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Micheal Vick spent a year in jail for abusing animals. Chris Brown beat up a woman and received community service.
    That says it all.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=MsDiva2007;4257742]I do hate though when news people try to change the subject to something he clearly did not want to discuss. The man kindly said to them he was there to discuss his new song and yet she felt the need to ignore his request. Why have him on and let him believe the interview was music related and not about his past mistakes.

I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Micheal Vick spent a year in jail for abusing animals. Chris Brown beat up a woman and received community service.
    That says it all.
    Yep...it sure does....and I'm not going to get on my soap box....yet....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I keep wondering, since when did acting like a douche, or making a sex tape, or being an abuser, translate into good publicity? Once upon a time posing for Playboy could be considered career suicide. After hearing about Cheryl's ordeal with being in abusive relationships, it makes me wonder what she feels about the guy. I'm glad Tom stood his ground and said if they made him interview him he'd have to bring up the chair throwing incident. Normally I don't pay much attention to the musical guests, anyway, and tonight was definitely no exception.

I have to say, something about this season feels so good. I love there's no drama. I love that everyone is so likeable. Everyone seems to really want to be there, to try hard, and are respectful of their partners. Sure, Romeo needs to get over the macho thing, Chelsea bugs me for her OTT attitude (but that may be because Mark is her partner, too), and I think Wendy is going to bring out her inner diva. But SR has talked so positively about this experience, and he looked so nervous about going home tonight. Even Petra, who I find a little dull, seems to just enjoy this and was so excited about being safe. I'm glad Cheryl brought out Chris's personality more this week, because he seems fun to have around. There's nothing to not like about Ralph. Hines/Kym are so sweet together. Maks is back to being happy Maks. Kirstie surprised everyone. At this point, aside from Chelsea/Mark, I'd really be happy with any outcome. I'm going to hate saying good bye to everyone left, whereas most seasons there's at least 5 couples that can't leave fast enough.
    ITA! Everyone is so likeable, with some more than others. Especially loving me some Hines, Kirstie and Ralph.

I agree that Chelsea has an OTT attitude as well. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly bugged me about her ... other than her partner ... but that's it! There's also the blurred video online of two Disney stars doing cocaine that's rumored to be her and a co-star. I heard a radio interview with her yesterday in which she denied it was her, but I wonder if rumors will become more open in the mainstream media and if it'll hurt her.

I also think Wendy is already channeling her inner diva - when they showed the clip of Romeo trying to give her a kiss after her performance and she said something like, "don't try to take away our spotlight, Romeo," I rolled my eyes. A joke, perhaps, but I bet there's some truth in it.

Tom did say that the Mike and Sugar Ray were not necessarily in the bottom two, so I wonder who the other lowest vote getter was? Someone they probably don't want gone so early .... hmmmn.

I enjoyed the show last night, other than the fact that I agree with everyone that I was not happy Chris Brown performed. I muted my tv while he was "performing". Smug little....*&%%&. Okay. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm glad Mike and Lacey are gone too, b/c I like everyone else. And I didn't dislike Mike, really, but Lacey has really been bugging me since last season. Before then I didn't really mind her, but she is so obnoxious and entitled. So glad she's gone. I enjoy everyone else, though. I don't really enjoy seeing Wendy dance, but I LOVE Tony, so I want them to stay around a couple more weeks. Now, I do not want her fan base to push her into overstaying her welcome and knocking out more deserving folk, either, a la Bristol last season. That's exactly the way I felt about her. I liked her until I felt she was the weakest link, then I wanted her gone.

I agree with so many also about the chemistry between Louis/Kendra, and it saddens me so much to say that. Pre-season they were my dream team, I was so looking forward to them and what they would bring to the dance floor. But they seem off, like they don't really like being around one another or something. And I love Kendra. She's a hoot. But she seems like she's not even trying to come across glowingly to the viewers. The whole smelling of the armpit thing and some of her comments--it doesn't bother me in the least, but I know it bothers some people who are the key demographic of this show, and Kendra has to know that too. I know that's who she is, but reign it in a little bit girl. I want you to stick around for a while and learn and grow from your DWTS experience. You can't get it back.

So, until Kendra/Louis livens up a bit, I'm solidly Team Romeo/Chelsie, Team Ralph/Karina and Team Kirstie/Maks. I love Karina this season. She seems so happy. I loved seeing her and Maks clap for each other when they were called safe last night, and I thought I saw Karina and Kirstie lean in and give each other a peck on the cheek at one point when they were standing up there. Hopefully Karina and Maks can be friends, b/c they were really good friends before they ever started dating, right??

I like Hines/Kym, Chris/Cheryl, and even Chelsea/Mark but I don't want any of them to win. Simply b/c I want a brand new pro to win this year. Yes it's a bit immature I guess but I want it so bad for some of these other pros, especially those like Karina/Maks/Tony who might not do the show much longer. Karina has said she wants a family, Tony could very possibly go the way of Jonathan and get fed up, and I don't really see Maks sticking around too long without Tony. He has plenty of other work, and I think Maks is a little underappreciated as well. Same with Anna.

Okay, there's my soapbox. Sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Not a fan of Chris Brown. I do hate though when news people try to change the subject to something he clearly did not want to discuss. The man kindly said to them he was there to discuss his new song and yet she felt the need to ignore his request. Why have him on and let him believe the interview was music related and not about his past mistakes.

Glad my faves are safe.
    I totally agree and thought it performance was off the chain last. The kid can dance.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    That says it all.
    Paris Hilton spends an hour and half in jail and they let her go to protect her, Wynona Rider steals and gets no jail time. Lindsey is free to move to New York until her trial, such an endless list. I slid into a cop car during the snow storm (sheet of ice couldn't prevent it) and received a $300 ticket.
    Last edited by princess07; 03-30-2011 at 11:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread