+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    me too...but I was actually pleasantly surprised by Chris Brown. I thought he did well and seems somewhat repentant about the GMA thing so hopefully all's well that ends well. He entertained me and I don't get into celebs much past the entertainment factor so I'm not as familiar with his antics as others are. ...re: lip syncing ~It seems that dancing that physically that it would almost be necessary to lip sync or the singing would sound sort of breathless,
    Just seriously curious: when or how was regret expressed for his GMA antics?

My euwwww factor has to do with celebs who act badly but think they should be given a pass due to their "talent." I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I've had friends and acquaintances who have dealt with abusive relationships and I have no tolerance for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Just seriously curious: when or how was regret expressed for his GMA antics?

My euwwww factor has to do with celebs who act badly but think they should be given a pass due to their "talent." I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I've had friends and acquaintances who have dealt with abusive relationships and I have no tolerance for it.
    You are absolutely correct. I am impressed by Tom's refusal to not only talk to him on the show but to be anywhere near him. He gets it. Until he is held genuinely accountable for his behaviors he won't change. He'll give `sincerer apologies' again and again for every transgression, which is what people who are abusive /violent usually do. Then, they go back to their old behavior, apologize again, and the cycle continues.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

They discussed on GMA again (too much so imho) that he said he was sorry, did not know why he did that and was truly sorry blah, blah, blah ad nauseum. GMA said he was welcome to come back anytime since he was sorry. I am not defending the guy at all simply saying that I don't much follow their personal lives so strictly speaking from an entertainment standpoint that he was better than I thought he would be and found his two songs to be good on DWTS. Other than that, I don't know much about the guy. I don't plan on buying his CD or going to any of his concerts or voting for him is he should run for office

Long time fan of DWTS....but after hearing Chris Brown was invited on...I quit....i'll watch the gossip mags to see who wins but otherwise the show will not be on on my screen...now I know it won't make any difference to anyone...but just how I feel....lol
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I am impressed by Tom's refusal to not only talk to him on the show but to be anywhere near him. He gets it. Until he is held genuinely accountable for his behaviors he won't change. He'll give `sincerer apologies' again and again for every transgression, which is what people who are abusive /violent usually do. Then, they go back to their old behavior, apologize again, and the cycle continues.

Yes, that impressed me, as well. to Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by tucrows View Post
    Long time fan of DWTS....but after hearing Chris Brown was invited on...I quit....i'll watch the gossip mags to see who wins but otherwise the show will not be on on my screen...now I know it won't make any difference to anyone...but just how I feel....lol
    I understand how you feel. I know Cheryl and Tom both made it clear that they were not happy he was scheduled to do the show. I had hopes they would replace him but that did not happen.
    I will continue to watch because I enjoy the show and will support the teams I vote for. I am so impressed by Kirstie (what a surprise, the chick has moves), Hines and Ralph. All three are doing much better than I ever expected!
    I do wish the producers would have taken the casts response to heart but I do know they have the final decision. It is what it is - and the horse is almost unrecognizable cuz of this prolonged beating.
    And the overall reason I watch - sometimes I forget Maks even has a partner; I love to watch him move!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I thought the dance troupe routine was not that enjoyable. I remember when Anna Demidova won the chance to become a pro for the season. What a disaster. She was a horrible teacher and I actually thought Michael Irvin had some potential. Not much, but with the right partner you never know.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011