+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Caught last night's show, and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of most of the dancers. Most did pretty good,
    and glad they re-capped last week's show to remind me how they did last week. I did have some negative reaction to a few things though. Just my opinion, of course, but here goes....

First, I thought the new "dance troupe" was pretty lousy. It almost seemed as though they didn't even practice enough. I thought I caught a few mistakes with poor sloppy hand-holds/slipping type stuff. I was not impressed at all with them (mainly the girls), and was wondering who in the heck they were. If they are going to bring out dance troupes,
    the least they should do is bring out some excellent jaw dropping dancers.

This group had my jaw dropping for all the wrong reasons. My jaw dropped because of how shocked I was about how bad they were.

When Chris B. came out, I was very upset. Like others, when he did his first song, I totally changed the channel. I just cannot give this guy any support. I'm sorry, but he comes across as a jerk to me. He actually
    seems to be giving snide looks to the camera, as if he thinks he is "all this" + "all that". I cannot stand the guy. He seems to think he is better than everyone.

When the news came out that he broke a window, that proves
    he still has anger issues. I also still cannot get over him hitting Rijuanna. Since he recently threw a temper tantrum and broke a window, it proves without a doubt that this guy has serious anger issues. IMO, he needs professional help. I hope he gets it for his own benefit, as he could change himself for the better if he seeks help.

When Chris came on for his 2nd song, I thought I would give him a chance. But to me, this looked + sounded like a total "lip synch" nightmare. He made no efforts to pretend he was actually singing live. Other than a cool light
    show, I was not impressed. I turned it about 1/2 way through, since I cannot stand any lip synching performances (not just his).
    I flipped it back right in time to see the very end and catch him SMIRKING again to the camera. Maybe some day when he grows up and matures, I will change my opinion of him, but as of now, he honestly makes me nauseas.

Back to DANCING:
    Overall, I liked a lot of the pairs and most did really well. I am real happy about that and very impressed, as it is much harder than they made it look. They looked like they were having a lot of fun, and their dancing was really good for the most part.

My Favorite DANCER pair so far is Kristie/Maks. Kristie is really trying very hard, and I commend her for it. I hope she can improve to the point of doing much better. I would love to see her make the final 3 or 2, but am
    concerned that she wont make it that far. She will need to pick it up, due to the strong competition.

I also like Wendy/Tony. I agree her dancing was not that great, but I am so glad to see people like her + Kristie get out there even though they may not be the most petite type woman. It shows everyone that average people can get out there and dance and have fun too.

I was OK with Mike+Lacey going home, as that dress-up number they picked definitely didn't sit well.

Anyway, OVERALL, I was very pleased with the dancers, and just hope that any future musical guests are not people buried in negative controversary.
    I mean seriously, who are they going to have on next.....Kanye West, Charlie Sheen, or an encour dance performance from Lawrence Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    The thing about Chris Brown that, I think, bugs many of us is that it wasn't just an issue of his violence towards Rihanna for which he has been punished.
    His recent tantrum and destructive behavior at GMA tells us that he has anger and control issues he has yet to overcome. I wouldn't have a problem with any celebrity saying, "You know, this question is inappropriate and out of line and I won't answer." Or even walking off the set if things didn't go as agreed upon. The fact that he resorts to violence shows that he is still in the same mindset and anyone who made him angry enough would be in danger.
    Yes, that's exactly it. There's no way to defend his outburst. I mean, is that what he does every time something doesn't go his way? Throw a violent tantrum? Was the show trying to get a rise out of him? Probably. But that's part of life, each of us gets caught in situations in which we are maybe being provoked. Most of us don't react violently. There's just no excuse. None. he chose to be violent, no one forced him to be violent.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Second week and Kirstie did an excellent quick step and I was very surprised that she was able to keep up with the tempo of the music. Rats another week and I have to say nice things about her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by BreeBrit View Post
    Someone explain to me why Charlie Sheen can do all that he has done, e.g. drugs, alcohol, was physical with his wife, trashed his hotel room and yet he is being treated like an idol. Chris Brown, who physically hit his girlfriend, some 2-3 years ago, has paid for his mistakes, gets to be treated as if he were a thug.
    Why would Robin Roberts even feel the need to go there?.

Moderators, if there is some other place I should post this please move.
    True that. Mean while right here and now Charlie Sheen is taking his "Anger Management" issues on tour and people are falling over themselves to go and laugh and point. When he went on all the news shows they let him carry on at will and lofted softball questions at him.

I am glad Sugar RaY survived this week. Why is Wendy Williams on this show again?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I remember Maks saying one time that a pro number he and Cheryl were supposed to dance in, they just winged it because they hadn't had enough time to rehearse together. I did enjoy the dance troupe, even if I prefer seeing my pros doing the numbers. Or pros from past seasons that aren't partnered up this time. I do wonder what the whole point of having the dance troupe is. If it's to give the current competing pros a break, then why not just bring back former pros that aren't competing right now? Or why have a dance troupe in the first place? Most musical guests bring their own dancers most of the time. Anyway, I thought they were pretty enjoyable. I remember Peta from dancing last season with Damian, but I couldn't really pick her out last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I remember Maks saying one time that a pro number he and Cheryl were supposed to dance in, they just winged it because they hadn't had enough time to rehearse together. I did enjoy the dance troupe, even if I prefer seeing my pros doing the numbers. Or pros from past seasons that aren't partnered up this time. I do wonder what the whole point of having the dance troupe is. If it's to give the current competing pros a break, then why not just bring back former pros that aren't competing right now? Or why have a dance troupe in the first place? Most musical guests bring their own dancers most of the time. Anyway, I thought they were pretty enjoyable. I remember Peta from dancing last season with Damian, but I couldn't really pick her out last night.
    Maybe I'm just being overly-cynical, but I wondered if the "dance troupe" wasn't just a way of introducing a junior varsity squad of dancers who, once they had some exposure and experience, could potentially take over for some of the current pros, should they chose to move on or should the show decide it was time for them to move on. I have no idea if that's the case, but it just seemed odd that the "dance troupe" members, some of them, at least, seemed to be emphasizing their youth, considering none of the current pros are that long in the tooth and some of them are as young as those in the troupe.

The dance troupe was awesome, both in the opening and their own dance. They are a very good looking group of excellent young dancers. Maks choreography on the opening show was excellent.
    Look forward to seeing the new kids on the block every week and wish them nothing but success!

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608 View Post
    The dance troupe was awesome, both in the opening and their own dance. They are a very good looking group of excellent young dancers. Maks choreography on the opening show was excellent.
    Look forward to seeing the new kids on the block every week and wish them nothing but success!
    I like good dancing on the results show and don't care if it is our competing pros, mixture of current and past competing pros or new pros as long as it entertains me. I too thought they were great.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Was too off topic. Changed my mind. Glad R and K are safe!
    Last edited by Allie; 03-31-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    I really hate the yodelly effect of the vocoder/autotuner/whatever.
    me too...but I was actually pleasantly surprised by Chris Brown. I thought he did well and seems somewhat repentant about the GMA thing so hopefully all's well that ends well. He entertained me and I don't get into celebs much past the entertainment factor so I'm not as familiar with his antics as others are. ...re: lip syncing ~It seems that dancing that physically that it would almost be necessary to lip sync or the singing would sound sort of breathless,

+ Reply to Thread