+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 3/28 DWTS 12 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 3/28 DWTS 12 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Everyone is sort of falling where I figured, dance wise, with two exceptions: Kirstie and Kendra. I expected Kendra to be much better, and Kirstie to be far worse. So for the ladies, my original prediction of saying bye to Wendy early I'll stick with, and will throw Kendra and Petra in as potential early to early-middle boots as well. I think Kirstie will run out of steam and votes as the competition winds down. I do think Chelsea will be the last woman standing, barring a surprise or attitude from her and Mark that leads to people taking their votes elsewhere.

For the guys, I figured pre-show Mike was a goner, and that Sugar Ray might have a hard time competing with the rest. I think Romeo and Chris will probably go middle of the pack, and Hines and Ralph will be standing there at the end. I do agree we're probably in for a male winner this season. If a woman wins, I'm picking Chelsea for the Ballas factor. For the guys I think it'll be Ralph or Hines right now, with the potential for Chris or Romeo to sneak in there. But Hines is a popular football player from a fan crazy team, he's delightful to watch with Kym, so he's got all the right stuff to make it to the finals.

And it's getting even harder to tell, but was Brooke even worse tonight than normal? It seems like she didn't even care. At least Samantha had a personality. Brooke might as well just stand there, because there's no difference when she opens her mouth. Maybe she misses Derek. She just acted bored and uninterested. And they need to have her come up with better questions for everyone. I'm sure they're just as tired of hearing 'how was it', 'tough comments from the judges tonight', 'last week, this happened...moving forward'
    Last edited by karalott; 03-29-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Re: 3/28 DWTS12 Recap: We Got Elegance, If You Ainít Got Elegance

Last night was good.

Best dance ever:
    Chris and Cheryl - awesome (my husband said that Cheryl could teach a frog how to dance because she's just that good

Hines and Kym - that was smooth, elegant and fun to watch (my husband and daughter tried to mimick the moves during the commerical break).

Ralph and Karina - man, it was very fast pace but good. Watch out Karate Man, Hines is at your back door.

So, So performance of the night were:
    Kirstie and Maks (is she on the show just to lose weight are to really learn how to dance?)

Chelsea and Mark (don't know what that was, but you look great doing it)

Kendra and Louis - Okay girlfriend enough with the crying and get to dancing. The music didn't match the song. I'm sorry but I don't think Louis is a very good chorographer. It's never matches the theme of the dance.

Romeo and Chelsea - that was just cute. Romeo every teenage girl thinks you're hot, but us older folks want to see you dance. I miss Corey from last season.

Poor Performance

Sugar Ray and Anna - his problem is his shoulders. He loves to hunch them over and he always has that deer in a headlight look on his face.

Petra and Dimitry - What the hell was that? She was terrible.

Wendy and Tony - no comment

Mike and Lacy - again no comment

And what's up with the phone lines. I got to my 11th phone call and it told me that I reached by limit....
    Last edited by princess07; 03-29-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Re: 3/28 DWTS12 Recap: We Got Elegance, If You Ainít Got Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    Last night was good.

Best dance ever:
    Chris and Cheryl - awesome (my husband said that Cheryl could teach a frog how to dance because she's just that good

Hines and Kym - that was smooth, elegant and fun to watch (my husband and daughter tried to mimick the moves during the commerical break).

Ralph and Karina - man, it was very fast pace but good. Watch out Karate Man, Hines is at your back door.

So, So performance of the night were:
    Kirstie and Maks (is she on the show just to lose weight are to really learn how to dance?)

Chelsea and Mark (don't know what that was, but you look great doing it)

Kendra and Louis - Okay girlfriend enough with the crying and get to dancing. The music didn't match the song. I'm sorry but I don't think Louis is a very good chorographer. It's never matches the theme of the dance.

Romeo and Chelsea - that was just cute. Romeo every teenage girl thinks you're hot, but us older folks want to see you dance. I miss Corey from last season.

Poor Performance

Sugar Ray and Anna - his problem is his shoulders. He loves to hunch them over and he always has that deer in a headlight look on his face.

Petra and Dimitry - What the hell was that? She was terrible.

Wendy and Tony - no comment

Mike and Lacy - again no comment

And what's up with the phone lines. I got to my 11th phone call and it told me that I reached by limit....
    I totally agree with your assessment of last night's dances. We saw two dancers jump up from the middle of the pack to now compete with the front runners and some of the front runners look very average. Here is what I now think:

Tier One: Finale/Semi Finale potential:
    I still have Kirstie and Ralph because I think they will be better when not on quickstep and jive respectively. They have large fanbases and constant media attention to drive ratings. A lot of us would love to see a Maks vs. Karina showdown in the finale.

Hines is a solid choice: Kim has a win and several finale appearanes so she has moxy to get him to the finale.

I still have Chelsea in top tier because of ability, but now with caviat that Mark has got to make sure he has choreography on the nose of the dance. Chelsea is too good to get 5's because Mark wants to show off and break the rules. They could easily find themselves out early if Chris and Romeo keep up their performance level from this week. Mark and Derek make me mad with that sometimes.

Tier Two: Could be in finale/semi finale with upset:
    Chris: Cheryl has great experience in the finals and Chris really stepped up in challenging choreography.

Romeo: he and Chelsea were really cute and really stepped up this week. I am not sure they can consistantly maintain the entertainment quality and dancing and Chelsea doesn't have much experience with late season run (only one semi-final and it was with Ty who couldn't dance well.)

Tier Three: Middle of the Pack
    Kendra: I like Kendra, but she and Louis don't connect very well. I think that it will catch up to them when we start getting towards the middle of the season when only the top tiers will be left. She reminds me some of Pam Anderson with natural grace and ability, but something missing keeping her from really giving it a go.

Petra: Last night was a disaster (due to injuries and core weekness), but I think they will survive and advance. She has to build her core to keep going. Judges finally said it last night, though I was saying it all week. Dmitry must kick up the sex factor in the costumes/choreography otherwise this team is very boring despite Petra's natural beauty and grace in the standard ballroom.

Tier Four: First to Go Home
    Sugar Ray: Sugar Ray is just not a natural dancer and Anna can't figure out how to teach him. Very similar to me of season one with Edyta trying to teach Evander Hollyfield how to dance. Also as a boxer he has some voting base, but he hasn't been in much lately to keep him current in the minds of people not into boxing.

Mike: Mike is just not very good and he is not overly famous as a "side kick" to a somewhat famous radio host. Lacey isn't the most popular pro and doesn't bring in the big base that Cheryl, Maks or Mark bring in. I think they just might be our first couple to go.

Wendy: Poor Tony. With exception of Audrina, Melissa and The wrestler from season 2 who's name escapes me at the moment, he has had a slew of bad, week, or bland partners. He is a nice guy and we would all like to see him do well. Couple this with Wendy's sass and audience I think they survive the first two eliminations, but beyond that the people are better with larger fan bases.

**This is an adjustment from last week and is very fluid because who knows if America will forget to vote for a favorite trying to save one of the teams that has to go. This is trully based on dancing ability and is based on both weeks of performance and potential in the coming weeks.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Everyone is sort of falling where I figured, dance wise, with two exceptions: Kirstie and Kendra. I expected Kendra to be much better, and Kirstie to be far worse. So for the ladies, my original prediction of saying bye to Wendy early I'll stick with, and will throw Kendra and Petra in as potential early to early-middle boots as well. I think Kirstie will run out of steam and votes as the competition winds down. I do think Chelsea will be the last woman standing, barring a surprise or attitude from her and Mark that leads to people taking their votes elsewhere.

For the guys, I figured pre-show Mike was a goner, and that Sugar Ray might have a hard time competing with the rest. I think Romeo and Chris will probably go middle of the pack, and Hines and Ralph will be standing there at the end. I do agree we're probably in for a male winner this season. If a woman wins, I'm picking Chelsea for the Ballas factor. For the guys I think it'll be Ralph or Hines right now, with the potential for Chris or Romeo to sneak in there. But Hines is a popular football player from a fan crazy team, he's delightful to watch with Kym, so he's got all the right stuff to make it to the finals.

And it's getting even harder to tell, but was Brooke even worse tonight than normal? It seems like she didn't even care. At least Samantha had a personality. Brooke might as well just stand there, because there's no difference when she opens her mouth. Maybe she misses Derek. She just acted bored and uninterested. And they need to have her come up with better questions for everyone. I'm sure they're just as tired of hearing 'how was it', 'tough comments from the judges tonight', 'last week, this happened...moving forward'
    I agree with your assessment, except that I think Kirstie will find her way in this to the finale or semi-finale and might finish later than Chelsea because she can dance some and I think her fan base and media attention will keep her there. I do think we will have a male winner and I agree it will probably be Ralph or Hines. As to Brooke, I am actually getting used to her. Dress was better this week and I thought she did better with evening out who she praises and gushes over. I still think Melissa or Drew would have been better co-host choices.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I do think the judges were extremely harsh on Sugar Ray.
    They guy has such charm on the dance floor that gives the 2 good chemistry. He may not have improved from last week, but I do prefer him over some of the others.
    Dare I say that I actually found Mark / Chelsea memorable?? I did figure they'd be downgraded for it, but I find Chelsea a natural dancer and adorable, to boot.
    Hines was really good, once again. And, I totally enjoyed Chris. Glad to see that Cheryl stuck to a more conventional dance, for a change, and it wasn't weighted down by her usual moves designed to showcase herself. Chris is a very likable guy and that helps, too.
    I enjoyed Ralph once again, but it wasn't quite as good as last week. Still, I thought they scored him really low. I'm really enjoying Karina this year and I actually liked her last year, too. I'm so glad she's dialed down her sour looks at the judges.
    Didn't really enjoy Kendra and Louis. She didn't lead like she did last week, yet I find absolutely no connection between the 2 of them and I don't find her dancing much fun to watch. I think she was very overscored.
    I missed Lacey and Mike, so I can't comment.
    I thought Wendy did better than last week. Not sure if it will be enough to sustain her, but I do find something about her appealing, so I hope she can stick around.
    Petra seems better than most of the super models we've had on the show, though I didn't like that outfit at all and felt it detracted from the dance and what a beauty she is.
    Kirstie was not as fun this week, but she was still better than many. She seemed to lose it several times, though it looked like her stamina, overall, had improved this week. And, that's great, considering it was a tougher dance than the cha cha of last week.
    Romeo's a very good natural dancer, but Chelsie just seems off this season.

Was it just me, or are some of the dancers seeming really hostile toward Brooke? Can't say as I'd blame them, but wondered if it's just me noticing this?!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Something about Brooke just gets worse each season. I forgot she's only been co-hosting since season 10, but it feels much longer. To think we could have had Mel B or Drew Lachey. I've always felt a disconnect between her and some of the couples, but then again, I feel like she most of the time focuses on solely a few couples and forgets the rest, or asks them the standard questions. Last season, I think she had Bristol, Jennifer, and Kyle backstage. All her questions were directed towards Bristol and Jennifer. It could be the producers telling her just to focus on a chosen few, but I doubt it. Either way, she has really poor skills.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I thought so, too. It's like she's bored with the whole thing. She has more umph in her shoe commercials. I never thought she'd be a good replacement for Samantha, but I really thought anyone would be better (and still do). With Brooke I'm bored ; with Samantha I cringed

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Brooke's biggest problem is that she lacks a personality and is very low energy. And when it comes to asking the world's stupidest questions, she's got the market cornered.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Originally Posted by dougrayfan
    Who's Dr. Drew watching, which former patient of his is on the show???

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's there for Mike - they co-host Loveline together
    Anyone else wondering if the Loveline segment on the most recent season of The Bachelor was just Mike's audition as a possible contestant on DWTS? I had never heard of Dr. Drew before the segment aired with Brad and his harem.

I think that Mike is pigeon-toed AND bowlegged. A deadly combination for close ups on a dancing show.

+ Reply to Thread