+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 3/28 DWTS 12 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/28 DWTS 12 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Me too, and I had such high hopes for Kendra. But if she doesn't improve, I don't know if she'll have the fans to carry her over some others who either have a strong fanbase or will gain one by being better than her. I guess every season there's someone overhyped that falls flat. Hopefully she gets it together.

I think Petra might go, but believe she's got enough pull to make it through a few weeks.
    Petra's extremely sympathetic story may help her with people who don't know her very well. Aside from having survived a tsunami, the fact that she suffered such a severe fracturing of her pelvis and is still willing to take the risks she did in the jive, when she simply cannot move as easily as some contestants, may help her with the audience vote. And hey, as a lot of people here have pointed out, including myself, she seems very unassuming and sweet. That should help her too. I don't expect her to make it to the end, unless she improves greatly or someone else really falls apart, but I could still see Mark going out before her. As he himself pointed out, he's probably the least well known of all of them, and he's at the bottom of the leader board too. I don't think Lacey's exactly a wildly popular pro either, so that's not going to help him.

Total scores again:

Ralph 45
    Hines 44
    Kirstie 43
    Romeo 42
    Chris 42
    Chelsea 39
    Kendra 37
    Petra 36
    Sugar Ray 34
    Wendy 31
    Mike 30

I actually think these are about accurate. Chelsea should be higher, but she's paying for her pro's shenanigans. I just don't like him and that didn't score any points with me.

I also think that Sugar Ray should be a little higher - at least above Petra and Kendra. Judges were tough on him tonight for some reason. But then, I'm not a professional dancer so what do I know?

I think Mike has more potential than Wendy but I'm guessing her fanbase will carry her through this first round at least. My prediction - Mike is out tomorrow.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    Total scores again:

Ralph 45
    Hines 44
    Kirstie 43
    Romeo 42
    Chris 42
    Chelsea 39
    Kendra 37
    Petra 36
    Sugar Ray 34
    Wendy 31
    Mike 30

I actually think these are about accurate. Chelsea should be higher, but she's paying for her pro's shenanigans. I just don't like him and that didn't score any points with me.

I also think that Sugar Ray should be a little higher - at least above Petra and Kendra. Judges were tough on him tonight for some reason. But then, I'm not a professional dancer so what do I know?

I think Mike has more potential than Wendy but I'm guessing her fanbase will carry her through this first round at least. My prediction - Mike is out tomorrow.
    Since Len's antics might get more viewers voting for him, maybe it's reverse psychology. Could be he didn't do so well in the fan voting last week

I do hope Mark keeps getting called out. Lacey has in the past, and so has Derek (not to mention probably other pros and celebs).

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I watch the show, but don't post much. But I had to come in and comment on the costumes this season (so far). Is it just me.....or do the dresses look like refurbished satin draperies?

Otherwise, I love the show - go Kirstie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Petra's extremely sympathetic story may help her with people who don't know her very well. Aside from having survived a tsunami, the fact that she suffered such a severe fracturing of her pelvis and is still willing to take the risks she did in the jive, when she simply cannot move as easily as some contestants, may help her with the audience vote. And hey, as a lot of people here have pointed out, including myself, she seems very unassuming and sweet. That should help her too. I don't expect her to make it to the end, unless she improves greatly or someone else really falls apart, but I could still see Mark going out before her. As he himself pointed out, he's probably the least well known of all of them, and he's at the bottom of the leader board too. I don't think Lacey's exactly a wildly popular pro either, so that's not going to help him.
    I made it through some of the dances, and while Petra did better on the jive than I expected, I'd be surprised to see her last long. She's an absolute sweetheart, and I did notice she seemed hesitant on some of the jive moves. My heart goes out to her on that, and her story may help her with fans, not to mention I don't think the judges will ever say a bad word about her performances given all she's been through. That said, I still find her and Dmitry to be dull. It works for some people, and that can be a nice balance to some other couples. I think she'll definitely look stunning in the ballroom rounds, and probably do better. But I don't find Dmitry an exciting or interesting choreography. I don't want routines that go as far as Mark's, but nothing he's ever done has stood out. So she may get by on sympathy and not being controversial, but I'd really like to see Dmitry get someone not so reserved. I knew they'd probably get a less hectic song to jive to.

I wasn't crazy about Mike's routine. I just can't get into Lacey's choreography. I don't think he's long for the show. I predict he might make it through this week, but he'll be gone by week 3. I think Sugar Ray is also vulnerable, though he's very well known, and an icon in sports. So that might help him. I didn't think his routine was anywhere near as bad as the judges made it out to be. I did think Ralph's routine, in re-watching it, was a little hectic, but he deserved to come out on top for the night. Hines didn't disappoint, I'm glad Romeo stepped it up, and after Chris's lack of cha cha last week, it's reasons like tonight I'm glad everyone had a second chance to impress. What a difference! Mark needs to be banned from choreographing jives. I'll be curious if he and Chelsea stick with the whole 'we're young and daring' approach and thumb their noses at the basics and rules, or scrap breaking the rules and going that extra mile. Kendra I thought was better than last week, but I'm still hoping for more. Something about her and Louis seem disconnected, which disappoints me even more.

As for Wendy-bless her heart. And bless Tony times 1,000. Having an attitude might doom Chelsea/Mark, but I think they're both popular enough that their die hard fans would vote for them just for showing up. However, I may have to re-think my opinion that Mark is considered one of the golden pros by the judges. I still expect things to turn around for him and Chelsea. For anyone wanting to keep track, 7 of the songs used tonight have been used before in previous seasons. And I like the fact that the show is alternating dances and the order more.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-28-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Someone mentioned earlier tonight, the suggestion of using the AI strategy of a judges save. I don't watch AI either, but I do know that the judges opinions don't really matter. Voting is strictly fan based. The judges on DWTS get their say and their scores factor into eliminations. That method totally wouldn't work for this show.

I haven't read all the post on the thread, but I just have to say that this is the most competitive season so far. Bravo on the casting. There are no ringers and everyone is giving their all. As far as I'm concerned this season is up for grabs. All of the couples put their best foot forward this week and most showed great improvement. This will be a fun season to watch.

At this point I would have to say that the eliminated couple should be Mike and Lacey. Sugar Ray and Anna could also be in jeopardy. I'd hate to see Anna go so soon because I love her so much, but Sugar showed the least improvement over the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I haven't read all the post on the thread, but I just have to say that this is the most competitive season so far. Bravo on the casting. There are no ringers and everyone is giving their all. As far as I'm concerned this season is up for grabs. All of the couples put their best foot forward this week and most showed great improvement. This will be a fun season to watch.

At this point I would have to say that the eliminated couple should be Mike and Lacey. Sugar Ray and Anna could also be in jeopardy. I'd hate to see Anna go so soon because I love her so much, but Sugar showed the least improvement over the last week.
    I am enjoying this season a lot because there's a wide variety of talent and potential to do better. I do think that there's really only a few that have a chance at winning (right now I'm calling a final 3 of Ralph, Hines, and Chelsea-almost an ideal final for me), but so far everyone is great. There's no drama so far, no fighting with anyone, the routines have been pretty good so far (the choreography the pros came up with was, for the most part, better than last week). I thought not having such a notorious cast was a good thing, and am glad the season is appearing enjoyable. Hopefully TPTB think it over before stunt casting another politician or reality show sludge. I don't count Kendra, but leave the Jersey Shore folks, or the Kate's, the or White House party crashers for something else. I am thinking Sugar Ray is gone tomorrow. Like you, I love Anna, and would really love to see her win. If only she had Evan on another season, that mirrorball would have been her's. Plus, I love reading Jonathan's tweets. He's such a supportive hubby I know she isn't going to win this season, but I'd love to see her stick around. Because of the judges attitude towards Sugar Ray, I'd want him to last for that reason alone. Reminds me of Len telling Ty Murray he needed to hit the road back in season 8. I like SR, but I don't think he's extremely noteworthy to the show this season. I don't think he's a bad dancer, not like I was expecting, but I'm not thinking he's going to get much better. I think it'll be between him, Mike, and Wendy.

Also, looks like tomorrow night at 8 pm there's a recap episode leading up the results show.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Another unfortunate thing is, they tend to make a woman look much much heavier than she really is on the weight side of things. Sherri Shepherd from The View, for instance. She too could use a reduction. She'd look so much better if she wasn't so top heavy.

I agree with you. They both look ridiculous and both seem to love their boobs more than anybody else. It's quite unbecoming and obviously looks really awkward especially when you are trying to dance. They will never be able to do what other slim dancers do.

I'm not quite sure why Len is so hard on Sugar. He isn't that bad and it is fun watching him dance. I hope that his fans will pull him thru as it will be interesting to see if he improves week to week. Keep Sugar Keep Sugar!!

Chris Jericho has really surprised me and loved his dance tonight. His size shouldn't necessarily be a detriment as Warren Sapp was also pretty light on his feet.

Romeo also surprised me. I thought he would have the similar attitude as his father had, but he is proving that he doesn't at all, at least in regards to dancing. Their dance was quite lovely.

Hines doesn't surprise me at all. I always end up rooting for the football players. (except for Lawrence Taylor) They always dance well and their attitude and dedication always impresses me. Hines has something extra special about him I guess its probably his charisma. He just comes across as a really happy, positive person. His dance did not disappoint.

As for the ladies, I'm glad that Kirstie can pull off the dances that she does. Other than Chelsea I don't really care how the other women will perform. Boring.

Hopefully Wendy goes home, or better yet a tie between Wendy and Mike. And a SHOCKING DWTS elimination!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I think Mike will go this week, but then a steady stream of women will be voted off until Sugar Ray's fanbase gets tired down the road. But I think we're in for a male winner this year.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread