+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Her hair distracted me so much that I did not pay attention to the dance. I kept thinking that does not look like Lacey. Even her eyes looked different? Maybe contacts? Hmmm...
    I barely recognized her at first, either. "Hombre hair" or not, it looks like what pregnant women do who don't want to keep dying their hair for fear of harm to the fetus. Besides, that half-and-half hair just looks unattractive to me, but then maybe that's my age showing!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I agree with everyone that the casting this season has turned out to be a real gem (and nobody's missing Derek!). (clip)
    Some people are missing Derek.

I thought Mark's over-the-top choreography was his way of re-establishing his own presence in the vacuum left by Derek. I don't think it quite worked out that way, other than Len calling him out for non-traditional steps, much like he does with Derek.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I barely recognized her at first, either. "Hombre hair" or not, it looks like what pregnant women do who don't want to keep dying their hair for fear of harm to the fetus. Besides, that half-and-half hair just looks unattractive to me, but then maybe that's my age showing!
    well guess its my age showing too but I couldn't get past the hair to watch her dance..it just looks nasty
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by mize77 View Post
    I agree with Bevo on everything except the choice of football team (Whoo Pig Sooie!) I thought Chelsea was fresh and charming, but my favorite was Ralph. What a surprise!
    Ralph and Kirstie both surprised me. I knew Chelsea and Hines would be good. We will have to cancel each other out on football choices LOL!
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I have to agree with you. One reason I don't like the men celeberaties is b/c most of them walk or stand while the female pro dances. There have been exceptions and this year Ralph and Hines is the exception. Ralph did great! Hines has potential...even Sugar Ray has potential. We'll see what next week holds for the men.

Some of the scores were not right...IMO. I think C&M should have gotten higher score even though I'm not a Mark fan.

After last night my top three are Ralph, Kirstie, and Hines.
    That bugs me too. That is why I like the rare good male dancer like Evan or Gilles because they actually dance and don't just have the pro dance around them.

Cha Cha brings out the worst of it because the female is the one that has to do the quick leg turns (don't know what they are called, maybe Dancing Dad can help.) That is also noticible when a female star does well in the cha-cha because they have to do it, and be compared to the female pros.

I want to see Ralph keep up on the Jive to determine whether he is going to be across the board good, or good on ballroom only.

My fave male stars were John O, Drew, Emmett (especially down the stretch), Gilles, and Evan.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I like Lacey as a person, but am not fond of her hairstyle right now (didn't like the blond much either.) With her skintone and eye color I would rather see her with dark brown hair. I love Chelsie Hightower's hair right now. Anna needs to tone her red down just a tad, I need sunglasses to watch her. Love her faces, though and hope she makes a few cute ones before Sugar Ray gets eliminated.

I agree bevo....but this show does tend to have surprises....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I agree bevo....but this show does tend to have surprises....

Totally agree. Even Bristol managed to improve last year and even though she had no business being there, ended up in the top three. So anything can happen.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

OMG you guys! The show last night! I have not enjoyed an episode of DWTS like that in a looooooong time. I loved them all, except, well, Mike and Wendy. But I have to love Wendy anyway b/c of my poor dear Tony. But Wendy was not good. But I loved everybody else! My faves of the night were of course......

RALPH AND KIRSTIE!!

I can not believe how awesome they were. I was grinning from ear to ear while each of them danced. You know, we thought we got a drama free season but if TPTB knew how wonderful these two were going to be....Karina/Maks showdown in the final anyone? LOL, just kidding. I think both of them are pretty much over that. As they should be.

But I loved everyone else too!

Kendra was fun to watch, though I expected her dancing to be better. Her legs were clumsy. She's still my girl though! Go Kendra!

Chelsea was a dream. I knew she'd be likeable. She was beautiful to watch, and I can't say that she and Mark annoyed me in any way. I really enjoyed their dance. That girl has a funky nose though. I couldn't help but notice it.

Hines was great, and I love Kym, so I'm excited to watch them.

Love Anna, and Sugar Ray oozes charm. He stole my heart!

I've always loved Cheryl, even if I don't love her as much as I did in the days of Emmitt Smith. But she's still fun to watch, and Chris is having so much fun I like watching him too.

Romeo and Chelsie were fun, there is something about him though...he seemed kind of...sleezy? Is that the word I'm looking for. Like he wasn't dancing, just macking on Chelsie the whole time. It kind of weirded me out! I think it's just me though, or maybe the dance or the vampy outfits they wore. I'm still super excited to watch them.

Petra did a lot better than I thought she would. But Dmitry is so flipping BORING. I forgot about them, even typing this post. I counted the contestants and was like, who am I missing?? I hope they can shine, because I think she is awesome as a person. I'd like to see her be able to enjoy this experience and get a lot out of it.

I'm so happy about this season. Can't wait til next week!

Oh, and surprisingly, I thought the judges scored fairly for the most part!
    Last edited by RyMac; 03-22-2011 at 02:31 PM.

I'm just watching the show today, so I'm behind.

First impressions: Chelsea K. is adorable. Love her hair and the white dress.
    Kirstie looks fab! Lacey's dress is not flattering. Kendra is very pretty but I'm not digging the gobs of blue eyeshadow. Ralph looks awesome, can I have his genes? Hines, Romeo, and Sugar Ray - looking forward to seeing them all dance. So happy to see Tom Bergeron again. Brooke...not so much. I love Tony Dovolani - unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing him long this season.

+ Reply to Thread