+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Excuse me for saying so, but next week the guys who have the jive actually have to dance. There is no more of this walking around while the female dancer does intricate steps that distracts the eye and makes it look like the guy is actually doing something when he really isn't doing that much at all.

Ralph danced. He actually bonafied danced. He danced some pretty difficult steps for an untrained dancer straight out of the chute!

I was really pleased overall with last night; however, it still looked to me like for the most part that those guys who actually tried to dance a little and didn't do so well (poor posture, sloppy foot work, etc) got the same score or maybe lower than the guys who walked around a lot, masquerading as dancing.
    I have to agree with you. One reason I don't like the men celeberaties is b/c most of them walk or stand while the female pro dances. There have been exceptions and this year Ralph and Hines is the exception. Ralph did great! Hines has potential...even Sugar Ray has potential. We'll see what next week holds for the men.

Some of the scores were not right...IMO. I think C&M should have gotten higher score even though I'm not a Mark fan.

After last night my top three are Ralph, Kirstie, and Hines.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just saw a few bits, Ralph Maccio blew me away I can't believe how well he did.

I was all set for a "Hate Kirste Ally Fest" and again I was blown away at how well she did. Rat!

I'm sorry to be so mean, but Wendy Williams is a big girl and next to her patner she looks like a guy in drag. Seriously, she is a female right? Does she have an extra chromosome or something?
    I am not sure her size has anything to do with it...and I am certainly not one to critize someone's size..so I won't...I just had much higher expectations of her...she is so full of attitude and sass and I really expected to see that on the dance floor and it didn't

as for Ralph..I want the location of his fountain of youth

Kritie worked it..she is also full figured but I loved the personality she put into her dance
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cape View Post
    We enjoyed tonight - when they were doing Ralph's package I commented to DH that this was going to be a trainwreck and then we were pleasantly surprised. Loved Kirstie as well. I think Kirstie, Ralph and Chelsie will be in the finals.

I am shocked to read so many supporting Kendra. While she did okay, she seemed hurried and disconnected from the dance. I thought she was annoying in her intro and then to see Heff sitting right next to her husband gave me the willies!!! While I think her fans might be dedicated...I wonder if they will translate into the family show that airs at 8:00...I think the fact that Disney channel stars usually do so well on the show is indicative of the audience and might not bode well for Kendra.

When Sugar Ray came out he looked TERRIFIED and then as the dance went on it seemed like something just overcame him and he started to smile and his dance completely turned around. We really liked watching him.

I think Wendy will be out this week followed by Mike - then it will be a week to week competition!
    Oh I loved Kendra last night. I thought she did very well. I got tickled at her intro. I was smiling when I saw her family there to support her. You just gotta love this girl I was hoping to see baby Hank watching his mommy dance last night.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-22-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Kirstie did good last night, but I am holding my votes for her until her next performance.

But why was Kirsti lifting up her boob at the audience? That was just weird and not necessary. Hope she doesn't do stuff like that every week. I cannot believe how she can move at her age and size and in heels! Impressive.

Ralph was really fun to watch. ...Not sure why someone like Kendra is on a Disney supported show at 8 p.m. You could say she is trying to rehab her image from being part of a harem for an old pervert but there he was in the audience sitting next to her husband and then the jokes about being a club dancer, ewwww so guess not. Crazy how girls like this are the new little girl idols, wish I were exaggerating...sooo creep worthy.

Otherwise fun show and though I thought this was going to be a bust season, if they keep having fun and keep it upbeat and keep away from the drama I have great hopes for it being a great season. I'm also glad it's a politics free zone this season!!
    (my comments are not directed at anyone personally)

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post

as for Ralph..I want the location of his fountain of youth
    And there will be a long line behind you
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

Ralph for the win!!

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

After watching last night these are my predictions based on talent and possible size of voting base, these change throughout the season when we get a feel of how the voting bases control the eliminations:

Tier 1: (these are they who have quarterfinal, semifinal and finale potential)
    Chelsea/Mark (young, talented, Disney Channel tween voting base who has produced several finalists); Hines/Kym (Athletic, focused, large NFL voting base); Ralph/Karina (judges really loved them); Kirstie/Maks (consumate professional entertainer, surprisingly good, and Maks is very popular) and Kendra/Louis (young, energetic, potential, Louis is past due for good run.)

Tier 2: (these are they who will stay a little bit, but will leave prior to the final weeks of competition)
    Romeo/Chelsie (energetic, but lack the "it" factor that makes teams special, R&B/Rap has yet to really yield a winner); Chris/Cheryl (doing okay, but lack great polish, wrestling yields some very loyal ans which is why I have him in this tier rather than the bottom one); Petra/Dmitri (Petra is beutiful and has the sympathy vote, but must develop more core strength to really get into the top tier of dancers.)

Tier 3: (these are they who will probably go home early) Wendy/Tony (lack of overwhelming talent, she has some voting base, but will split comedy votes with Kirstie who is a way better dancer which will eliminate her much sooner); Mike/Lacey (probably first to get boot, lack talent and any entertainment experience and he isn't very well known outside of Dr Drew audience) ; Sugar Ray/Anna (hasn't been in the limelight in a while and really looks stiff and stilted. He isn't as limber as Anna's last few athlete partners and will leave competition much sooner.)
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Regular

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I agree with Bevo on everything except the choice of football team (Whoo Pig Sooie!) I thought Chelsea was fresh and charming, but my favorite was Ralph. What a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    I think last night's show was one of my favorite first nights ever. Didn't know who Hines was before the show but what a charmer...that smile is something else and he definitely has dance potential. Ralph Machio just warmed my heart...what a cutie. I have always been a Kirstie Allie fan but didn't expect that much of her last night...she really impressed me. I love that the playing field is so much more level this year. It has a potential for the lead to change from week to week and lots of room for everyone to grow. So my early faves are Hines, Ralph and Kirstie.
    I agree with everyone that the casting this season has turned out to be a real gem (and nobody's missing Derek!). I think after watching next week, and seeing how each star does with the opposite style of dancing, it will be very telling as to who really has the chops. And for the first time in a while, I actually think the judges were pretty much on target with all their scores. IMO, Kirstie and Ralph deserved the highest scores because they were overall the most entertaining, due to their personalities coming through (actors) and the "surprise factor" caused by exceeding expectations on their dance proficiency (especially Kirstie). I suspect that accounted for higher scores than Chelsea and Hines, who were also quite good, but I imagine the judges expected them to be.

OTOH, I think Kendra was a bit of a letdown (partly not her fault because the preshow buzz on her was so great) because a young, fit sexy woman with club moves would be expected to rock a cha cha, but it really lacked sizzle and was kind of flat. I think the judges marked her down because of this, even though they acknowledged that the choreo was hard. Louis probably gave her harder moves to do because she was capable, but he needs to concentrate more on entertainment value and work on her ability to sell the dance for next week.

Petra and Dmitry make one of the most gorgeous couples I have ever seen on this show, but they are both so quiet and bland, that I don't think they will get very far, even though her FT was quite lovely. I doubt she will pull off a good jive though, because she has no "attitude".

The rest right now are all blending together for me, except for the two at the bottom, Mike/Lacey and Wendy/Tony. Both kind of painful to watch. Of course next week's routines will factor in, but I'm pretty sure they'll be the first 2 to go, and think that Wendy's fanbase may give her the edge over Mike (does he have a fanbase?).

Overall, what a great season this might turn out to be!
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-22-2011 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread