+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Just watching Jimmy Kimmel, who every season predicts who he thinks will win DWTS. This year he's going with Hines, and said they should skip the dancing and have "Sugar Ray fight the Karate Kid". Hey, if they needed a finale showdown of sorts, I'd take it.

I was totally impressed with Kirsty and Ralph tonight and think they'll be in the final 4 at least. Looks like it'll be an interesting season if tonight is anything to go by
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    ETA: By the way, Karalott, you did an amazing job setting up the celebrity profiles!!!! That took a lot of time, but it's great information and looks outstanding!!!! Thank you!
    The celeb threads were set up by MFWalkoff and I agree, he did a great job!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The celeb threads were set up by MFWalkoff and I agree, he did a great job!
    Uh oh....it's time for me to go to bed! I must have read a post by karalott and attributed it incorrectly. Thanks for correcting me! Oh and thanks MFWalkoff for creating those celeb threads!

Wow a season without someone I hate with a passion on it. I loved Kendra, Ralph, Hines and Kirstie. Who is this Mike guy? A pretty candy wrapper with no candy inside.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Uh oh....it's time for me to go to bed! I must have read a post by karalott and attributed it incorrectly. Thanks for correcting me! Oh and thanks MFWalkoff for creating those celeb threads!
    Thanks for thinking of me anyway I will thank the mods in general for this site, as I usually work Monday nights and it's great to have somewhere I can check while the show is on the air and catch the updates then. Two hours is long enough to get through but I might go crazy wondering how my favorites (or non favorites) fared having to wait. Not to mention all the other reasons I enjoy the site.

Next week is going to be interesting. The judges usually play it safe the first week with the scores and comments, so next week might be a lot more gushing and over/underscoring and nitpicking. The jive I think will prove a challenge for Petra, and the only other girl jiving will be Chelsea (so not really a fair comparison). I also think Mike and Sugar Ray might have a tough time with that dance, though I think SR will have the personality to back his up with. I do hope Chris brings more personality next week, along with Wendy, and maybe Cheryl and Tony put more into their routines. I hope Kendra and Romeo do better next week as well, in terms of nerves and the judges scores. I really wouldn't mind, though, if we don't see any 9s or 10s for several weeks. I hate even seeing 7s and 8s this early.

Am I the only one who thought Kendra would be a better dancer? She was good, but not the best.

Anyways, I think the F4 this season are going to be Ralph, Kirstie, Hines, and Kendra.

I loved Petra Nemcova. She had a beautiful dress and was graceful.

The dance Mark and Chelsea did was really cute. She either learns quickly or she has had dance experience.

Great start to the season!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Wow. This was a very enjoyable, drama-free night of dancing! It was such fun to watch. I am so happy there are no obvious ringers, no politicians or politician's family members, and no completely polarizing reality show fame mongers.

Top picks:

Ralph, Kirstie and Hines.

Ralph must have found the Fountain of Youth. He looks fantastic! And, man, what an entertaining dance. The choreography really showcased his strengths. This performance also showed that the right music can be a huge key to success.

Kirstie wasn't over the top goofing around, which was great. Max looked like he was having the time of his life, and it was nice to see how excited he was to hear positive comments from the judges. Girl can really move! Great performance!

Hines and that smile! Wow! He was really enjoyable to watch and he sure has that hip action down! It was great seeing Franco Harris cheering him on!

Middle of the Pack:

Chelsea, Romeo, Kendra, Petra, Sugar Ray, Chris.

Chelsea was very elegant and I think she will improve every week. Loved the gown; wasn't keen on the hairstyle.

Romeo was a little stiff, but was fun to watch. I think he will steadily improve. He has a bit of an attitude, but maybe it's because he is sick of hearing EVERYONE constantly talking about how terrible his father was. OK, people. Enough. Move on.

Kendra annoyed me some in the clips they chose to show. She does seem fun and bubbly, but I hope she isn't joking around constantly. Her dancing was pretty sloppy. She can move, but she needs to learn to control her movements better. Seeing Hefner in the audience was just creepy.

Petra, bless her heart, really has difficulty moving her hips. I can't even imagine the horror and pain she has lived through. I think she is a symbol of strength and grace and hope. Somehow I don't think she will allow herself to be portrayed as a victim every single week like Jennifer did. She seems far more genuine than that. I hope she sticks around a long while.

Sugar Ray is another one that is pretty stiff. He did much better when he was dancing on his own, but I agree with Bruno that he had a really hard time relaxing when he was in hold. It will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Chris was OK, but didn't do much to impress me. I hope they don't keep relying on him ripping off his clothes to show off his physical traits and get CA all hot and bothered. His wrestling fans will probably help him stay for awhile.

Early Goners:

Wendy, Mike

I think Wendy will be going first (so sorry, Tony). She just doesn't know how to move her legs at all. Even while just walking around, she barely bent her knees.

Mike was just really boring. Not much more to say about him. He could leave before Wendy; it just depends on the size of the fan bases.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Chelsea Kane looks just like the actress (a younger, less, um, chesty, version) who played Kimber on Nip/Tuck...its uncanny.

I really enjoy the comedians and folks who make funny/off the cuff remarks. Thus, Im looking forward to seeing Kirstie, Romeo, Kendra and that really funny dude who danced with Lacey.

Right now I think it's too hard to pick who's going to go far and who isn't. Sort of. I think Chelsea and Hines have the finals in sight. Hines needs a little fine tuning but otherwise is the perfect package with the perfect partnership. I think he and Kym will be fun to watch and root for, Hines will work hard and give it his all, and probably have smalls misses here and there but I think Kym is going to do him proud. Chelsea looks like a natural, and she's partnered with Mark, who's very popular. I thought she was somewhat forgettable tonight, but I don't think she's going anywhere anytime soon. She might get too much, as I viewed her tonight as being the female version of Mark (one of them is enough for me), and maybe other people will come up the ranks and steal her thunder.

Kirstie is fabulous now, but eventually this might all catch up with her and she could run out of steam. I hope not, because she's the right amount of everything right now. And she was definitely a surprise on the dance floor. Plus, I don't want to lose Maks anytime soon. I think she's good at least until the middle of the season, barring a complete shocker or completely bombing a dance. Kendra wasn't as good as I was hoping/expecting, but she's got enormous potential, and once her nerves are in check I think she'll do great. Probably middle to late season for her, especially if she improves and brings out her personality. I think Ralph and Romeo will be somewhere around the middle to the end. Romeo needs fine tuning, and Ralph my biggest surprise behind Kirstie. He's got the nostalgia factor going for him, along with being a humble, respectful, down to earth guy who can actually dance (Karina seemed more excited about getting 8s than he did). There's nothing about Ralph I could find wrong. I'm excited to see his jive next week.

The one I'm most curious about is Chris. I don't think Cheryl did him any favors, and I hope they get more creative. I don't know about Chris's fanbase, but I know Cheryl is plenty popular, and if she can get as far as she did with Rick, I'd like to actuallyremember something about their partnership. Hopefully Chris improves. Petra I don't expect to be around long. I didn't find her foxtrot that memorable, and I think her dancing needs work. I'll be curious how the latin goes for her. If latin is harder, she might make it if she gets ballroom dances week after week. Mike seems like the obvious first boot, which makes me think he won't be. But I don't see him making it past week 4. Same with Wendy, unless she totally improves and does a 180 in the personality department. That's what disappointed me more tonight is that she held back. Niecy needs to show her how to shake it.

+ Reply to Thread