+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

I think having Maks as a partner will make all the difference in the tomfoolery as well....I don't think he really plays that!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    So it looks like Kirstie and Ralph are the ones to watch this season.

Love this season, no clear front runner! Kirstie was the surprise of the night for me; loved her, Ralph, Kendra and Hines.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I feel like Cheryl needs a season off. Ever since Gilles I thought her choreography has been completely lacking of what it used to be, and she did have Chad and Rick who, while not the greatest dancers to ever hit the floor, were better than Wayne Newton and Tom Delay. Chris probably could have done better, or at least a more fun filled routine, but CA was right-it lacked content, and I hate agreeing with her That's why I like Kym. Even with the worst, she'll still pull out a show stopping routine to showcase their strong points and personalities. I don't feel like Chris got to show that tonight. I do hope he improves; he does seem to be fun.

Mike was just a mess in every way. Wendy, god love her, she needs to bring that personality to the floor if she wants to survive. Hopefully she gets her nerves in check next week. Kirstie showed how it's done without going overboard. Petra was lovely but forgettable for me. Hopefully Romeo gets a little more confident about shaking his hips and doing things he feels are "feminine", though he's not the first guy to have that issue. At least he wore his shoes, unlike his dad, who threw them at Ashly. It makes me feel even sorrier for Ashly that this is who she could have had. I do hope he and Chelsie have a great season. In comparision to the others, I thought the judges were a little harsh on them.

I hope to see great things from Kendra, Romeo, Hines, and my two biggest surprises of the night, Ralph and Kirstie, throughout the season. That'd be my ideal final 5 right there. Sugar Ray I'll be curious to see if he gets any better. He wasn't great tonight by any means, but not as bad as I thought. He has Evander beat at least. And poor Tony. That man deserves a real shot. And someone that isn't going to get railroaded by the judges and voted off over someone who isn't anywhere near a good dancer.

Dmitry bores me, so I hope next season they bring back someone with more personality. Maks reminded me tonight of his days with Mel B. I'd love to see that side of him again.

Loved the show. So, glad Kirstie & Maks did so well!! Glad to see Brandy & her daughter in the audience to support Maks & Kirstie. So, glad Kendra got through the first night doing well. SHe has her nerves, dancing in high heels, and internal confidence around an audience to get over. However, I think she will over time. Glad all her family (Hank, grandma, father-in-law) were in the audience to support her.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    Oy vey! Maybe that's why Mike chose radio over TV, he looked so awkward with all those crazy facial expressions!
    He was definitely out of his comfort zone. That's why he deserves another chance. What the heck, others in the past who showed as little talent, stayed to show some improvement.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think, as usual, some of the song choices really screwed over some of the couples. Ralph got the perfect foxtrot song. The song Sugar Ray danced to has been danced to before for a foxtrot, but in comparision it was probably harder to go with that pace. Same with some of the cha cha songs. I was actually surprised more cha cha song selections didn't have a faster pace.

Mike is another Jeffrey Ross/Adam Carolla-can't dance, is only funny to some but otherwise offends the entire audience, but I think he'll make it past next week. Unless Wendy really comes through and surprises, but I think she's the first one that'll be saying good bye. Mike won't be far behind, most likely.

We enjoyed tonight - when they were doing Ralph's package I commented to DH that this was going to be a trainwreck and then we were pleasantly surprised. Loved Kirstie as well. I think Kirstie, Ralph and Chelsie will be in the finals.

I am shocked to read so many supporting Kendra. While she did okay, she seemed hurried and disconnected from the dance. I thought she was annoying in her intro and then to see Heff sitting right next to her husband gave me the willies!!! While I think her fans might be dedicated...I wonder if they will translate into the family show that airs at 8:00...I think the fact that Disney channel stars usually do so well on the show is indicative of the audience and might not bode well for Kendra.

When Sugar Ray came out he looked TERRIFIED and then as the dance went on it seemed like something just overcame him and he started to smile and his dance completely turned around. We really liked watching him.

I think Wendy will be out this week followed by Mike - then it will be a week to week competition!

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I'm pretty much pleased with this season. Can't wait to see more!

After last season, I thought I had my fill of this show. Then I heard the casting lineup and wasn't impressed. But then I tuned in and was completely, pleasantly surprised. Like some people already mentioned, there aren't any clear cut ringers in this group (or they're hiding it pretty well), and I actually like how most of them came across! Who would have thought that Master P would have such a nice son. And Petra seems so sweet, and is really trying. I agree that Ralph and Kirstie are the ones to watch - and I'm completely surprised by Kirstie! Wow! I'm actually looking forward to watching next week!

ETA: By the way, Karalott, you did an amazing job setting up the celebrity profiles!!!! That took a lot of time, but it's great information and looks outstanding!!!! Thank you!
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 03-21-2011 at 11:56 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan View Post
    Gotta say, I loved Kirstie/Maks. Crowd did too.
    Kirstie was amazing. 60 yrs old and she put the moves out there. She gives hope to all the wonderful ladies out there who are 60 and not size 6..way to represent, and she's fun. And Ralph..he's almost 50, great job, reminds me of my dad~

+ Reply to Thread