+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Maybe they go early so all the Disney Fans can cast all of their votes for Chelsea and Mark before they finish their homework and go to bed.
    My mom loves this pair and she never knew who Chelsea was before appearing on this season of DWTS.

She isn't that big of a Mark fan either.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Maybe they go early so all the Disney Fans can cast all of their votes for Chelsea and Mark before they finish their homework and go to bed.
    Most seasons things are lopsided, with the same couples continually going early and the same ones going late or last. Except I don't mind it this time because most of my favorites have been going towards the end for a change I'm sure Chelsea/Mark will get their chance to go last or at least near the end. Quite honestly, I'll probably just FF through their performances unless someone says they're worth watching. I'm just glad the judges aren't having a big gush fest with anyone this season (so far).

FORT Fan

Mark continues to troll the American Idol reject basement for dates.....

Pia Toscano & Mark Ballas Hook Up | TMZ.com

I laughed hard when I read the part of the article that called him a "chick magnet". Ye gods, what's wrong with these girls?

And basically, I think Mark is the moth that flies to the "flame" that can get him the most press at any given moment.

I think these two can get a 10 anytime they want it. There may be better dances on any given week, but this couple is giving up points just to be cute. Once they focus on dancing the way the judges want it done they will be in a class above the others. Of those likely to make the finals (Hines? Ralph?), I don't see anyone out-dancing Chelsea & Mark in the free-style. Unless something bizarre happens with the fan voting, Chelsea looks hard to beat.

Mark's already been giving dress rehearsals for his freestyle and pretending they're his assigned dances What's worse is CA and Bruno were back in form last night, he knows they'll like it (they usually like duos like this anyway, and his choreo is right up their alley-maybe CA is afraid of not looking cool), and knows he'll get away with it. He stayed within the rules, I guess, and got away with all the messing about. But really, I thought Nicole/Derek's non quickstep was less flashy, and it only got a 6 from Len. I'm hoping it's a one week trend that these two were on top for the whole "most unpredictable, even playing field ever!" and they drop back down tomorrow. I'm thinking a man will win this season, but still wouldn't be surprised for the producers to see to it Mark gets his precious third trophy.

Speaking of the ego and his after thought partner, they of course have the encore tonight Just one more part of the results show I'll be missing. Of all the dances to pick from...
    Last edited by karalott; 04-12-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Seriously? They have the encore? What kind of message does that send to the other pros and stars? What a crock.

I feel bad for Chelsea, because the fact that Mark is her pro forces me not to root for her. I just want him off my screens that bad. Next season, Derek can come back and it can be Mark's turn to take a "break" -- preferably a nice long one.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Crazy that producers put Chelsea "in jeapordy" this week. Poor Len had to pretend there was some chance she was actually going home and act like he was upset. Either the producers overplayed their hand, trying to make Chelsea's eventual victory sweeter by passing thru the valley of Jeapordy, or Chelsea's fan votes are lower than expected and the producers wanted to give these a lift. Could it be that so many people don't like Mark that her votes are really suffering? I think the downfall of DWTS will be the ever-increasing meddling by producers.

I remember Lance and Lacey's Tango danced to Rhianna's Disturbia. Everyone was aghast because it was really goth and not super traditional. I loved it. That said, I do like Mark's choreography but it would be better suited to SYTYCD. But it certainly makes Lance's Tango look downright traditional in hind sight!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Is this a team or is this the Mark Ballas dance show. He is so annoying, it is all about him, he fails to remember he has a partner in the dance. UGH!!!!!
    Further Kendra has received a HUGE call out about her attitude, what about Mark's attitude with the judges, oh, silly me, he is the chosen one, I forgot.

I don't think Mark is doing Chelsea any favors by his choreography. I'm wondering if the potential for ringer backlash or having an obvious experienced dancer is what's driving the risk taking choreography. People will focus more on it, more on him, less on her and see what a good dancer she is so they'll vote elsewhere. The show's pushing the even playing field angle, so while I don't think they're encouraging it, maybe that's his goal behind it? Be the most talked about in a contestant pool of the sweetness that is Hines and Petra, the surprise contenders in Chris and Kirstie, the youngest but hard working Romeo, the polarizing Kendra, and the nostalgic Karate Kid?

Although underneath it all I think Mark looks out for Mark and is looking to get noticed. I've seen posted elsewhere, and maybe it's true, that seeing Julianne and Derek's star power rise, and him going nowhere, maybe it's getting to him and he's trying to get his name out there above all the other well known and talked about celebs this season. I do feel bad for Chelsea, though. She looked afraid after their VW this week, so it seemed obvious she didn't want to go that route. Same with their jive. And even in the dances where Mark had to let her have the floor, too, he still outdanced her. I think she wants to do well and go far, and probably will do to his fan base. But I think his risk taking and not being able to handle the criticism (which I don't think will let up from Len) will get him anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread