+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Maybe Mark will realize that the viewing audience isn't happy with the way he puts the focus on himself instead of his partner. I really think Chelsea did a great job, but just couldn't be behind her b/c of him. I dispise him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Last night when I was watching with a group of girls - Mark and Chelsea were standing there waiting for their scores and a friend said " I wonder what Mark is feeling right now" ... I replied " Chelsea"! Can't stand the way he was always groping her all the time, maybe she liked it, I don't know but I found it icky. **gag**
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I really hope Mark isn't back next season.
    Me too. Or if he is, he tones his antics way down. Hopefully TPTB sit him down and let him know his antics didn't go over so hot this season. Remind him it's about his partner, not him. Chelsie's younger than him, yet can choreography fun, original routines without breaking rules or going outside the box. Seriously, if there's any phrases I don't need to hear on this show anymore it's 'we're young and edgy' 'we're taking risks' and 'thinking outside of the box'.

Last night when I was watching with a group of girls - Mark and Chelsea were standing there waiting for their scores and a friend said " I wonder what Mark is feeling right now" ... I replied " Chelsea"! Can't stand the way he was always groping her all the time, maybe she liked it, I don't know but I found it icky. **gag**
    I wonder if Mark remembers showmances are often sappy hits with viewers and was trying to give that image away that he and Chelsea might have fallen in love. Despite reports Chelsea has a boyfriend and Mark may or may not be dating Pia Toscano (if her limelight hasn't completely faded-I know the AI finale is tonight).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Me too. Or if he is, he tones his antics way down. Hopefully TPTB sit him down and let him know his antics didn't go over so hot this season. Remind him it's about his partner, not him. Chelsie's younger than him, yet can choreography fun, original routines without breaking rules or going outside the box. Seriously, if there's any phrases I don't need to hear on this show anymore it's 'we're young and edgy' 'we're taking risks' and 'thinking outside of the box'.

I wonder if Mark remembers showmances are often sappy hits with viewers and was trying to give that image away that he and Chelsea might have fallen in love. Despite reports Chelsea has a boyfriend and Mark may or may not be dating Pia Toscano (if her limelight hasn't completely faded-I know the AI finale is tonight).
    I think Mark wanted people to think there was a showmance...like people always speculate about Maks...and trys to imitate Maks so that he can be popular with the ladies too. Sorry Mark, it's never going to happen, you're just a Maks wannabe but the truth is, a Maks you'll neverbe
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

When you are dancing well, as Mark and Chelsea often did, but you are still not getting viewers' votes, then you are doing something wrong for this kind of show. Wake up and smell the coffee.

If you think it's your job to shake things up and change the rules of the dance and if you think you are right to do so, then go for it, but accept the consequences of your choices gracefully.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Congratulations to Chelsea. Technially, the best dancer, which was no small accomplishment.

I've been pondering my reaction to Mark this season, recalling that I liked him in previous years, trying to understand why that changed. There were the obvious things that everyone has pointed out, but I'm wondering how much his skinhead haircut contributed to the change. Many of the things he did were not all that much different than what Derrick's done in the past, but Mark seemed so much "darker." It is hard to take Derrick too seriously with his blonde mop, but Mark came across as disturbingly intense. If he returns my advice is to lighten up, both his personality and appearance.

I second that with the hair. Mark, please grow your hair back, it made you look so sweet and innocent. Lose the thuggish buzzcut, it's not working for you... and come back!!!

The difference with Derek is, he actually remembers to showcase his partner more in the choreography, and he isn't as much of a show-off. Mark forgets that everything he creates is supposed to make his partner look as good as possible, and not to remind us that he knows hip-hop steps.

You can see Mark's immaturity at the beginning of each show, as the camera rolls past each couple and they wave. Mark is usually bouncing up and down like a hyperactive kid. It's like he's missing a bigger picture, and he gets lost in "this is gonna look SO COOL!" That's what annoys me the most.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I guess I feel the need to pile on Mark one last time. I don't have a strong opinion of Chelsea one way or another. She was a pretty good dancer - not incredible or awe inspiring. I think she was gracious in defeat - though there were a few times where I caught a whiff of attitude - I might have been wrong so I won't hold it against her.
    The big thing that turned me against the couple was Mark's attitude and show-boating. His dancing made it hard for me to even focus on Chelsea because it seemed it was all about him. Witness their freestyle where his costume was brighter and more eyecatching than hers. Interestingly enough, I was at another site where DWTS is discussed and came across a review they did last year of all the pros. This site is very fond of the Hough-Ballas triplets and so I was surprised to read the writers (one of whom has even taken lessons from Corky,) pointed out how Mark often has a tendancy to "out-dance" his partners. Since this was written last year at the very beginning of the Fall season, it doesn't seem as though it's something many of us imagined this year or just dreamed up.

I also hope Mark isn't back next season. Too be honest, I've never been too crazy about him, but I was liking him a little better in season 11. Unfortunately, that quickly went downhill this season.

Hmm, that's an interest thought about how they did the stupid/unfair WTA dance to get MARK in nthe finals. I had been thinking it was more to get Chelsea there, but TPTB wanting Mark there does make sense (in their manipulated/twisted way)

+ Reply to Thread