+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    He gets that from his dad. He and Corky both tend to get uncomfortably and awkwardly handsy with their partners.
    It's why I think Corky was one of the worst additions-actually the worst-when it came to pros. I really hope he isn't invited back again. He's disgusting and such a camera hog he makes Mark look shy. With Cloris it was an even bigger joke than her dancing already was. Florence I think could have done much better, but Corky did her no favors. Their rumba where he slobbered all over her? Yeah, a little much. Mark already acts like this dad, now that'll just be what he looks like in 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    He gets that from his dad. He and Corky both tend to get uncomfortably and awkwardly handsy with their partners.
    LOL, I was just thinking that he wasn't getting anywhere this season with the handsy thing. Usually he is sort of "draped" all around and on his partner but this season whether it's because Chelsie has him somehow contained or he just doesn't have the big love for her I haven't noticed it as much. He has in season's past been sort of a source of amusement for me when seeing him attempt to drape on. In the past it has actually been sort of funny or embarrassing, you decide, lol.

Went on the "motherboard" yesterday (eeuuuuwww - now I remember why I don't go there anymore) and was surprised to see pretty rabid Mark fans posting and very harsh judgements of the other contestants. I'm not sure if it's mainly just a vocal few, or the time of day I happened to go on, but it was very different from what you read on Fort. While I honestly respect the fans of all the couples, on this site and one other I frequent about DWTS, the majority are NOT crazy about Mark this season and seem to have gained respect and love for the other couples. I wonder what is the truth as far as Mark and Chelsea's fanbase. (And it seems to me if it weren't lacking, there wouldn't have been a need for the WTA.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Went on the "motherboard" yesterday (eeuuuuwww - now I remember why I don't go there anymore) and was surprised to see pretty rabid Mark fans posting and very harsh judgements of the other contestants. I'm not sure if it's mainly just a vocal few, or the time of day I happened to go on, but it was very different from what you read on Fort. While I honestly respect the fans of all the couples, on this site and one other I frequent about DWTS, the majority are NOT crazy about Mark this season and seem to have gained respect and love for the other couples. I wonder what is the truth as far as Mark and Chelsea's fanbase. (And it seems to me if it weren't lacking, there wouldn't have been a need for the WTA.)
    When it comes to the motherboard, I think you can have multiple handles to post. You go by your e-mail address, and we all know you can sign up for multiple e-mail addresses (or you used to be able to; I read this year you had to have your e-mail verified by ABC, so I don't know if they're cracking down on IP addresses). I often think that some people will post an unpopular opinion just to get a rise out of everyone, especially if they know they struck a nerve. Even a website that has typically been pro Hough/Ballas seems to be turning on Mark. The motherboard sounds just as bad as Youtube, where Mark tends to have very rabid defenders, his videos have a much higher liking than the other contestants, and his fans were, for awhile, accused of purposely disliking the other contestants videos. One person who posts the videos threatened not to post anymore of Chelsea/Mark as a result.

Anyway, anywhere I go, most of the vibe is anti-Mark, and the vast majority agree the WTA was a load of crock to get Mark into the finals vs guaranteeing the better dancer suceeds over the worst. 15 points was way too high of a margin to overcome. Most people that say if the WTA cha cha was planned in advance (some still say that's a big if) they could have scrapped it when they saw that this season was fairly even, there wouldn't be any big uproar if the finale wound up being Hines/Ralph/Kirstie, but instead it makes them look worse by keeping it and giving to Mark. Next week on the second night of the finals is the judges ranking, which always determined the order by how they scored the final couples. The good thing is, the scores are 10/8/6, so I would hope Hines or Kirstie could overcome that deficit to beat Mark. It'll be telling next week on how everyone gets scored who they're aiming for. CA's twitter blew up with responses to fans crying rigged. She may be forced to do what the producers tell her to do, but I doubt she's going to want to face anymore backlash if Mark wins.

After seeing the seasons past dances again last week or week before, can't remember now, lol, it is amazing to me how much younger and better Mark looked with his hair long. He was always one of my favorites from the very first time he was on the show but this is the first season I have seen such a change in him and I can't decide if it is just his hair or his whole persona, but if I had a vote (which I don't) I would vote for the buzz cut to go I loved his hair long, he had such a special look then now he just looks like so many other people that have that same do, tattoos and piercings. wah....almost a skinhead look which I really don't like as you probably know by now, so sorry....I am sure he isn't looking for grooming advice from me

FORT Regular

I can't believe I used to admire Mark once upon a time He has grown increasingly obnoxious and insufferable to a fault, so I can't stand him anymore.Chelsea does not bug me as much and she's a fine dancer but still I have no choice but root against her solely because of the Mark factor.

plus Mark has proved what a big fat jerk he is from time to time. His sourpuss attitude towards Kim and Melissa is the perfect testimony to that.

if he returns next season, then I really hope the shows bosses will put him up with a Queen Latifa or the female version of Abdullah the Butcher.

FORT Fogey

if he returns next season, then I really hope the shows bosses will put him up with a Queen Latifa or the female version of Abdullah the Butcher.

---and whichever one he doesn't get should be given to Derek. Let him prove he's a fabulous choreographer when he has to work with someone who doesn't have obvious ability and/or isn't another pretty young thing and/or doesn't come equipped with her own appreciable fanbase.

Incidentally, I'm not sure I'd class Queen Latifa as a terrible prospect for a partner. She's no Pussycat Doll, but she seems personable and would probably work hard. She'd also be a pretty big star for DWTS.

How about pairing him up with Star Jones...now that would be something to watch
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Ooohhh, I like the way you think!

I don't want to root for Mark and Chelsea....because of Mark's attitude. However, while Mark doesn't 'get' that it's about Chelsea and not him, I do. I think she is a sweet girl with loads of talent. I am rooting for her to be in the finale. Unfortunately, a win for Chelsea is another win for Mark, but I can't let that stop me from voting for her. It's not her fault and she shouldn't be penalized for his behavior and ego. What clinched it for me was when she put Mark in his place. Go Chelsea!!!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post

Okay, if Mark gets Star, then Derek should get Nene. Can you imagine what would happen if they had a dance-off with those pairings?

+ Reply to Thread