+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    It's those tweens and teens winning...darn parents need to take their phones away!!! He he!!!!!

I have a tween but she is in bed when show comes on and if she did watch live and wanted to vote for Chelsea I wouldn' t let her. I'm a mean mom.
    That's pretty funny. I can see why the young people want to vote for other young people. THat makes sense, so I guess that's what it is. I just didn't realize young people watch DWTS. I thought it was women from age 30 and up. What do I know? LOL

I think the assumption that it's the kids that are doing the majority of the voting is a myth - I think they watch, but I don't think they care enough to vote as much as the die harder, every Monday and Tuesday night viewer, like the older generations who stay home on Monday/Tuesday nights and watch a little TV.

I'm with Debb, it's the older viewers who are voting - how else does Donny Osmond win over Mia, or Jennifer Gray over the Teen Activist, the Disney Star and Brandy the pop star.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What bothers me about Mark is that he's become so over the top that it detracts from his dancing, which like all the pros, is good.

What bothers me even more is his flagrant rule breaking in terms of ballroom dance. It would not be tolerated in a real competition. I remember that when Mario Lopez and Karina did the same sort of thing several years ago, they were severely marked down for it every time.

I love dance and I'm saddened by what this show has become.

Me too. I think the rule breaking is for the benefit of the very young crowd. If youngsters like Mark and Derek had their way the show would be all about modern dance. The younger generation has little use for rules being applied to dance. The older generation enjoys ballroom dance and the rules that apply. I think the show will lean more and more on pleasing the younger people. Seems that is where the money is. Older viewers will drift away as the modern dance takes over.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post

Me too. I think the rule breaking is for the benefit of the very young crowd. If youngsters like Mark and Derek had their way the show would be all about modern dance. The younger generation has little use for rules being applied to dance. The older generation enjoys ballroom dance and the rules that apply. I think the show will lean more and more on pleasing the younger people. Seems that is where the money is. Older viewers will drift away as the modern dance takes over.
    When Lacey first joined the show she tried the whole modern dance/rule breaking rebellion as well. Len never got on board with it, modern/contemporary/hip hop dance is right up the alley of Bruno and CA. For whatever reason, I feel like DWTS is trying to become more like SYTYCD and court the younger viewers, who obviously don't think ballroom is cool. Honestly, though, I question if other pros would get away with what Mark has in the judges eyes. Had Tony or Maks done a VW exactly like Mark's, would CA and Bruno loved it as much and given it 9s? Maks had said before there's often talk about changing the show away from more traditional dance to more modern/contemporary, and he pointed the finger at CA being a force behind wanting the change. It's obvious they don't judge on technical skill when Len is pointing out everything the dance wasn't, and those 2 argue with him that he's wrong.

I saw Mario Lopez mentioned above, and I remember that. I think the two dances he broke the rules in would have gotten him 9s and 10s but the judges gave him 6 and 7s for breaking the rules. How times have changed. Why should Mark change anything about his mugging or attitude? He obviously gets away with it.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

A couple of comments.....

If Chelsea had been paired with Derek for this season, I'd be LOVING her and agonizing over chosing between her and Kirstie.

Mark should be bitch-slapped by the judges and producers for constantly over-dancing with his partner. I remember Lacey overdancing ONCE and CA called her on it - it didn't happen again.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

In re: Mark overdancing, I saw an interview earlier this season where Mark said it's fun to do pro numbers because you can let it go as opposed to holding back so you don't "out-dance" your partner. I said to myself, "Say WHAT?????"
    If Mark danced any harder with Chelsea he'd dislocate something!

LOL, nanarama, your post cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The limelight's faded, so I guess this was bound to happen. At least it'll make the Chelsea/Mark fans wishing they'd hook up and blaming Pia for the paso week happy:

Report: Mark Ballas and Pia Toscano Split | PopEater.com

Report: Mark Ballas and Pia Toscano Split

It was the very definition of a whirlwind romance, and sadly it looks to be over. According to HollywoodLife.com, the 'American Idol' castoff Pia Toscano and her 'Dancing With the Stars' boyfriend Mark Ballas have called it quits.

Toscano is quoted as saying, "You know, he is so busy and I am so busy, we really are just friends! He is a wonderful person, who comes from a wonderful family! I'm really rooting for him..."

The relationship was nothing if not brief. Speculation that the two were dating first came about after Toscano was eliminated from 'American Idol' on April 7 and they were spotted having dinner together in Los Angeles. Fueling the fire more, reports surfaced that Toscano dumped her boyfriend of four years, Calros Nunez, for Ballas.

They really seemed to be a pair made in reality competition show heaven when Ballas was spotted in the audience of 'American Idol' and Toscano performed on 'Dancing With the Stars' while Ballas danced. Check out the video of the performance below.

After the recent photos I have seen of Pia living it up in Hollywood with her new found fame this doesn't shock me. There are a lot of fish in the sea and Mark became plankton pretty quickly.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    After the recent photos I have seen of Pia living it up in Hollywood with her new found fame this doesn't shock me. There are a lot of fish in the sea and Mark became plankton pretty quickly.
    I nominate this for DWTS Quote of the Week! (if we had one)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread