+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Reading on another site the comments dogging Mark are unreal!

One person went to far as to say that someone needs to take him out to the parking lot and beat some sense into him. The general concensus is that his behavior this season has been beyond horrible. Out of 50+ comments I read, at least 45 mentioned something negative about Mark. Most said if Chelsea goes home this week it's his fault for his bad behavior and over-dancing.

And I didn't see it, but some say he made an obscene gesture toward the judges as they walked back to the Celebraquarium. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks Mark needs to take some time off - a few years would be ideal!
    I saw it... he was imitating
    Click to see Spoiler:
    jerking off
    (hope I can say that here lol). Not sure that was his intent, but that sure was what I saw. I doubt he was shaking dice in that hand.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I saw it... he was imitating
    Click to see Spoiler:
    jerking off
    (hope I can say that here lol). Not sure that was his intent, but that sure was what I saw. I doubt he was shaking dice in that hand.
    After I heard he made that motion, I went and watched. That's what it looked like to me as well, though I'm not sure that was his intent. But this is Mark, the same guy who got a little too excited in his pants at one point. He obviously doesn't always think before he acts. It'd be funny if Brooke called him out on that tonight.

Just from the buzz I'm reading all around, he has really made people mad - even those who were once fans. The theory is that he is under intense pressure (self-inflicted) to win while Derek is not on the show. Also, that last Season with Bristol was hard on him. Even a defender said yes, he really needs to take time off. MAYBE all this negative feeling will figure into getting rid of him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    After I heard he made that motion, I went and watched. That's what it looked like to me as well, though I'm not sure that was his intent.

But this is Mark, the same guy who got a little too excited in his pants at one point.

He obviously doesn't always think before he acts. It'd be funny if Brooke called him out on that tonight.

What?! Say more. Didn't hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    What?! Say more. Didn't hear this.
    This actually happened back in season 8, when Mark picked a bad idea for an outfit. He and Shawn danced a lindy hop in these gym workout type costumes-basically tank tops and shorts, with their team name (Shark) across the front. I don't think you could notice it after the dance, but the next pictures showed up on TMZ and other sites where it looked like, while Mark was standing there with Shawn getting the judges comments, he got a boner in his pants. It might have been a really bad camera angle, but many said it served Mark right for wearing those hideous outfits

Just from the buzz I'm reading all around, he has really made people mad - even those who were once fans. The theory is that he is under intense pressure (self-inflicted) to win while Derek is not on the show. Also, that last Season with Bristol was hard on him. Even a defender said yes, he really needs to take time off. MAYBE all this negative feeling will figure into getting rid of him.
    Makes me wonder if there's really some truth to all the talk of Hough envy. He might have assumed with Derek gone he'd step up in his shoes and get the same treatment Derek always seems to get, along with winning again. I wouldn't completely rule out Chelsea/Mark winning, but I think if they are, the show is going out of their way to make it seem like it's still anyone's game. They have some very vocal supporters on Youtube. But most every where else I read, everyone, even Mark fans, say the guy has crossed a creepy line this season. It might be me, but listening to Chelsea backstage and watching her reaction to the judges, I almost feel like she's tired of this and having to defend Mark's actions.

What was up with Mark and the white shoes (spats?) during the team dance? Everyone had on black shoes except him. I feel bad for Chelsea--such as good dancer, but stuck with someone determined to overshadow her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    What was up with Mark and the white shoes (spats?) during the team dance? Everyone had on black shoes except him. I feel bad for Chelsea--such as good dancer, but stuck with someone determined to overshadow her.
    The costume designers were drunk. Evidence rides on the green get up Karina wore last night. The feather was our first indication and it went downhill from there. Usually the costumes are fabulous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    This actually happened back in season 8, when Mark picked a bad idea for an outfit. He and Shawn danced a lindy hop in these gym workout type costumes-basically tank tops and shorts, with their team name (Shark) across the front. I don't think you could notice it after the dance, but the next pictures showed up on TMZ and other sites where it looked like, while Mark was standing there with Shawn getting the judges comments, he got a boner in his pants. It might have been a really bad camera angle, but many said it served Mark right for wearing those hideous outfits

Makes me wonder if there's really some truth to all the talk of Hough envy. He might have assumed with Derek gone he'd step up in his shoes and get the same treatment Derek always seems to get, along with winning again. I wouldn't completely rule out Chelsea/Mark winning, but I think if they are, the show is going out of their way to make it seem like it's still anyone's game. They have some very vocal supporters on Youtube. But most every where else I read, everyone, even Mark fans, say the guy has crossed a creepy line this season. It might be me, but listening to Chelsea backstage and watching her reaction to the judges, I almost feel like she's tired of this and having to defend Mark's actions.
    Derek Hough and Mark are friends and have been for years. Friends help and support each other - maybe from the sideline and behind the scenes a little....here and there...with things like choreography...isn't Derek really creative, and in any other way like that. They grew up together, trained together, shared an apartment, and were in a band.
    I would think something like this before I would think envy, but that is just my thought. They aren't competing against each other this season.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Mark doesn't need that kind of help from Derek, although I'd bet that Derek may be amusing himself by encouraging Mark to try his more bizarre ideas out.

All of Mark's choreography this year looks to me like "what Mark thinks it is that Derek gets away with" and therefore what he thinks will be praised the same way Derek's stuff is. The trouble is, Derek's routines have a clear vision, and you can see where he's going in terms of what non-traditional stuff he is fusing into ballroom. Mark's stuff is less refined, and not as well thought-out, and it leaves people (not just Len) scratching their heads. Also, Derek doesn't forget to showcase his partner. Mark is a show-off who can sometimes make his partner seem like a prop.

Just my collective .02
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Derek Hough and Mark are friends and have been for years. Friends help and support each other - maybe from the sideline and behind the scenes a little....here and there...with things like choreography...isn't Derek really creative, and in any other way like that. They grew up together, trained together, shared an apartment, and were in a band.
    I would think something like this before I would think envy, but that is just my thought. They aren't competing against each other this season.
    But, Derek and Julianne have gotten opportunities outside DWTS, and don't seem to need the show anymore. I doubt Julianne would ever come back, unless they did a championship edition but even then, I'd be surprised. Derek may be back in the fall, but whose to say he won't leave next spring, or in the near future for good. Julianne said she wasn't leaving for good after season 8, but she has. These are things Mark has said he's aspired to do as well, and yet those opportunities apparently haven't come (yet).

This season, Mark just seems mad and entitled. Derek and Julianne technically won back to back; he's won twice, but not back to back, and now there is pressure to keep the streak going and win a third time. He's tried going outside the box, but has gotten called out for it and dinged. Derek was creative, thought outside the box, but I wouldn't say he ever went as far as Mark. Every routine Mark did that broke the rules, I could see Derek doing it better. He may have been guilty of being a huge ham, and sometimes breaking the rules or doing odd stunts, but never to a huge extent. I'll be the first to say Derek's been the luckiest pro in terms of who he's had as partners, and no wonder he's been able to do the routines he's pulled off. Derek seemed to deliver and reap the rewards. He never got upset even when he got criticized (minus his melt down with Shannon). Mark isn't doing himself any favors this season. Even his hand gesture last night, whether it was meant a dig at the judges or something else, people think he's a tool so it probably was aimed at the judges.

+ Reply to Thread