+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

FORT Newbie

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Well, her dance wasn't the best of the night, but I think it at least deserved the same score SR/Anna got. The dress Kendra wore did sort of seem mafia/gangsta waltz. She looked crushed at the end before the judges even said anything. I think she just knows her time is coming. And, like I put in the episode discussion thread, looks like I'll be the only one that'll miss her I like Kendra. I've watched her show, watched her on GND, and followed her throughout. I guess I just "get" her. But, I can totally see why some people don't. I do feel there's more of a connection with her and Louis than it's coming across. He might be just as frustrated on the stage as she is. Something about her rehearsals and how she locks up onstage makes me think that, just like live TV isn't for Brooke, dancing ballroom on live TV isn't for Kendra. I had really high hopes for her, think the potential's there, but she probably isn't going to make it work. She needed to hit it out of the park this week. I'm thinking it's between her and SR tomorrow. I'll miss either one of them.

I did think it was funny they filled the backroom was the fog to mock the issue last week. At least Kendra can be a sport. And I'd love for Hank to be a contestant in the future, though he probably couldn't in the fall due to football commitments.
    I totally agree with you -- I have a feeling tonight will be Kendra's last night in the ballroom...which really irritates me to no end. I am just about finished with this show. Why every week does Kirstie Alley get to go last? And then the judges praise her and give her higher marks than she deserves. Swaying the votes in my opinion. Okay...last week she falls (regardless of whether it was her fault or not) and this week her shoe comes off and she is sitting there on the floor desperately trying to shove her foot back in the shoe while Max dances around her and she still gets high marks...it's pure bull! This show is fixed -- they have their favorites and they make it clear. Every single "star" got at least a little positive reinforcement after their dance except for Kendra. (As a side note, I do think she needs to keep her mouth shut when the judges are talking). I don't get it -- the woman is trying just as hard as the rest of them!!! I felt so bad for her - she knew she messed up (I couldn't really see where but then again, I don't know what to look for) and they pounded her into the ground. I noticed after that, she was not in the area where the dancers sit for a very long time - she finally was there toward the end of the night. Poor thing - probably devastated. I love Kendra and will miss her on the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lvogt524 View Post
    I totally agree with you -- I have a feeling tonight will be Kendra's last night in the ballroom...which really irritates me to no end. I am just about finished with this show. Why every week does Kirstie Alley get to go last? And then the judges praise her and give her higher marks than she deserves. Swaying the votes in my opinion. Okay...last week she falls (regardless of whether it was her fault or not) and this week her shoe comes off and she is sitting there on the floor desperately trying to shove her foot back in the shoe while Max dances around her and she still gets high marks...it's pure bull! This show is fixed -- they have their favorites and they make it clear. Every single "star" got at least a little positive reinforcement after their dance except for Kendra. (As a side note, I do think she needs to keep her mouth shut when the judges are talking). I don't get it -- the woman is trying just as hard as the rest of them!!! I felt so bad for her - she knew she messed up (I couldn't really see where but then again, I don't know what to look for) and they pounded her into the ground. I noticed after that, she was not in the area where the dancers sit for a very long time - she finally was there toward the end of the night. Poor thing - probably devastated. I love Kendra and will miss her on the show.
    If I could just watch Kendra dance without hearing Kendra talk, it would be a whole different ballgame, so to speak. We have her performing her dances, and then we have this whole matter of her attitude - all this stuff she says and how she acts.
    Honestly, I just want to watch Kendra dance. I didn't know her except as a face and a name on the cover of the mags that I passed in the store before she came on the show, so I had no prejudices against her; however, it seems like she insists on talking and talking and talking about whatever all this stuff is instead of just dancing which I think she does reasonably well.
    If she would just dance and quit talking about all of that stuff, I think she might get to stay longer.
    That is just what I think, and that is coming from basically an outsider to her.

BTW, she still bewilders me. <scratching my head>
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

I dont like/enjoy kendra, or the way she dances.I know they all try.I give her credit for trying.Dancing to that music, Time to Say goodbye was hard.It should have been soft, and she was really fast and disjointed and harsh .I wont be sorry to see her go home. jmho

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Well, her dance wasn't the best of the night, but I think it at least deserved the same score SR/Anna got. The dress Kendra wore did sort of seem mafia/gangsta waltz. She looked crushed at the end before the judges even said anything. I think she just knows her time is coming. And, like I put in the episode discussion thread, looks like I'll be the only one that'll miss her I like Kendra. I've watched her show, watched her on GND, and followed her throughout. I guess I just "get" her. But, I can totally see why some people don't. I do feel there's more of a connection with her and Louis than it's coming across. He might be just as frustrated on the stage as she is. Something about her rehearsals and how she locks up onstage makes me think that, just like live TV isn't for Brooke, dancing ballroom on live TV isn't for Kendra. I had really high hopes for her, think the potential's there, but she probably isn't going to make it work. She needed to hit it out of the park this week. I'm thinking it's between her and SR tomorrow. I'll miss either one of them.

I did think it was funny they filled the backroom was the fog to mock the issue last week. At least Kendra can be a sport. And I'd love for Hank to be a contestant in the future, though he probably couldn't in the fall due to football commitments.

Me too! I have been a Kendra fan for awhile. I was really rooting for her and Kirstie this season. I was afraid that she would get caught up in negative thought in this thing and apparently she has. Do you remember on The Girls Next Door when they were filming her doing a workout video and she kept messing up the simpliest things. She just got her mind all tense and she froze, however, she regrouped later, came back and put on a killer workout video.

I can't help but wonder why Kendra can't learn some class. There is no disgrace in learning it. She talks about learning to be a lady, but then she doesn't do it. Why? She's a smart girl. Why does she insist on being crude, when it's NOT working for her. Hmmmmmmm. I hate it for her. I have always been told that when people act crude and shocking with comments about body odor, bodily functions, sex, etc. that it is for attention. They don't anything intelligent to say so they say gross things. Is that what she is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Dancing's Kendra: "The Mental Part Hurts More Than the Physical"

Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett isn't happy today.

She was at the bottom of the leaderboard on last night's Dancing With the Stars after she and Louis Van Amstel waltzed away with three 6's from the judges,

She wants to do better. Turns out Ms. Kendra is quite the competitior.

Read on to find out what she just told me about being a perfectionist, what she and Louis have planned for next week and what's up with the icepack on her knee…

How you feeling today?

I'm good. I'm doing good.

So last night wasn't your best night but there's always next week.

I've come to realize I wasn't born a dancer. You know, it's a lot of pressure. Maybe a little too much pressure for me to handle. To be perfect in four days isn't my thing. So I'm just trying to have fun with it even if I'm not perfect. I'm trying to have a good time along the way, along the journey. But it's hard. I've never in my life put on heels and glided across a dancefloor. Maybe walking around a stripper pole a couple of times, but I wasn't doing splits or any of that. This is way more serious than I thought it was. Maybe I'm just taking it that way.

Yeah, I can't imagine Louis is berating you.

You know, I'm a very a very competitive person. I've always been competitive. It's in my blood to be competitive. Everybody I turn to is like, "You're too hard on yourself." I think people need to stop saying that to me. I'm not too hard. It's because I care. It's because I want to do good...One day I can have a perfect day of golf and have a beer afterwards to celebrate. But the next day I'll go out and golf and I won't hit a shot on the green and that will haunt me for the rest of the day.

But did you ever think just three weeks ago you'd be doing what you're doing on the dancefloor now?

No. I definitely thought it was going to be a lot easier than it is. I've come to realize it's a lot harder than it looked.

So how's that knee? We keep seeing you with an icepack on it.

Oh, my body is fine. I can take a hit. I'm not in pain. It's just very mental. The mental part hurts more than the physical.

What's it like seeing Hank standing up and cheering for you every week?

Hank is my biggest supporter. When the show ends, I run into his arms and I hold him and I don't want to let go. That's where I feel most beautiful, the most comfortable. At the end of the day, I'm doing this for him and my son. What matters to me is making my husband and son proud.

What's up for next week?

If I survive tonight, we have the fox trot. Our song is pretty interesting. I don't know how we couldn't have fun with this song.

Dancing's Kendra: "The Mental Part Hurts More Than the Physical" - E! Online

Quoting myself from Media thread to show a bit of perspective on Kendra from her interview.

FORT Fogey

^^^ Thanks. This is what I see. I love this fragile, fierce and rangey young woman. Something about her catches my heart. I know nothing of her before this show. She is genuine and precious.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can't help but wonder why Kendra can't learn some class. There is no disgrace in learning it. She talks about learning to be a lady, but then she doesn't do it. Why? She's a smart girl. Why does she insist on being crude, when it's NOT working for her. Hmmmmmmm. I hate it for her. I have always been told that when people act crude and shocking with comments about body odor, bodily functions, sex, etc. that it is for attention. They don't anything intelligent to say so they say gross things. Is that what she is doing?
    It probably is for attention, but I think it's also insecurity. I can probably relate more to Kendra, because I consider her an average girl who's had her share of problems like myself, than I could some Ivy league scholar from a well to do family. I'm not saying I'm exactly like Kendra, but I can sympathize with her insecurities, and definitely know people who act or have acted like her. You'd know it was for attention, and a defensive stance. I do hope tonight and this week is leading up to a big come back with her and Louis next week. I feel that's it for her. She's either going to nail it or go home. I think the only ones she could possibly outlast would be Romeo and Petra. I hated saying good bye to SR/Anna tonight, but am happy Kendra survived. She's got dancing potential, even if this wasn't her best week. I feel like the judges might go at her again to try and get a reaction like they did this week.

Hulu - E! News Now: Kendra Wilkinson's "DWTS" Breakdown

Is Louis always this honest with his partners? I think it was important for him to express how he felt about Kendra's comments last night.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

As a Kendra fan, I must say that I have had it with her. With all this talk about being a lady, she has the nerve to announce that she has her monthly cylce on national tv. It would have sufficed to say, I was just emotional or it was hormones, but to specifically say you got your period was so tactless. Kendra, I cannot believe you think that is okay. PLEASE!!!!!

Kendra should just memorize this: engage brain before operating mouth...
    everyone is a person of worth, but some have a lot to learn that would make life so much easier, not only for themsleves but for those around them. I wish her all the best on that (of couse we all should memorize that!!! especially me!).

Kendra has not ever lived in any reality that is "normal" especially in the last few years so it's no wonder her sense of what is appropriate is so skewed...it would help if she were more curious instead of defensive and obstinate and agaisnt learning anything new that might help her in the long run, including how to be gracious, how to take criticism and to learn that it is better to "interested" than "interesting". It may have been cute when she was younger to think of herself as a tomboy and therefore negate and excuse what would be expected of you (and any other person in the same situation). So sad. That she is so revered by young girls is truly troubling. I am not trying to be mean, it's just that there is the reality of it. She just doesn't recognize how fortunate she is and is unwilling to grow. I am hoping that someday she will work on that and her life will be so much easier and she will be happier. She will have to learn how to function outside of the mansion and her temporary reality show life.

+ Reply to Thread