+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

@LouisVanAmstel: Having dinner w @KendraWilkinson Hank n friends after a hot night. Back to goofyness....lol

@LouisVanAmstel: This is taken right after dessert!!!!!lmao....

Kendra and Louis relationship is just fine as demonstrated by the above pics and tweets from Louis. Kendra is not dismissive or disrespectful to Louis and he does not have a problem with her. Her response to trying to treat Louis as a romantic lead is just her inability to view him differently than he really is or make their relationship different than what it already is. When she has to treat him as a romantic lead she laughs and can't quite do it, because she doesn't see him that way and it's so different from what he really is to her. Do they have a romantic connection? NO. Their connection is silly, goofy friends who gossip about men and discuss dirty sex jokes (which Louis loves to do and mentioned in an interview he and Kendra had fun doing). She views Louis as that gay guy friend your silly and have fun with. So, to equate him as a romantic lead doesn't compute for her. She would feel the same way about her assistant/good friend Eddie who she goes to gay events with and fully supported when he outed himself to his parents for the first time. Add to that the fact that she's not an actress, has problems showing PDA, especially to someone that's not her husband and you see her problem.

Kendra still had issues even when in the Playboy Mansion during "Girls Next Door" with hiding mirrors and not being able to look in them because she felt she was so ugly. It came up again during her bout with postpartum depression. So, it's not hard to grasp her viewing herself and portraying her self as a lady is difficult for her. That's why I say she would do better with someone like Maks. He has handled adeptly in the past partners who have inner issues. Kendra is just being Kendra. Smelling armpits and other stuff she does is just the type of stuff boys do. If anyone has a true tomboy as a daughter they will see similarities in Kendra. She's a Jock and a tomboy thru and thru. It is Louis job, while making sure to include all the required rules and dynamics of the dances, to adapt the choreography, clothing, and dance to Kendra strengths, personality, and their relationship. Louis needs to play to Kendra's athletic nature and comedic sense. He needs to play more to their silly, funny, comedic connection instead of to a romantic angle as much as the dances will allow. Make some of their dances more about their friendship, fun, and comedy than romance. Kendra will relax into that because that's the true basis of their relationship and connection. There are some people, who are not actors, who have no problem and can easily pretend to be romantic/sexual with anyone no matter whether they are gay, straight, single,or married. An example, although she is an actress, Kirstie can fawn, flirt, and talk about having babies with the likes of Nate Berkus or Maks and all his numerous friends within seconds of meeting them. Kendra is not like that. So, add that with her normal stage fright and you have her being uncomfortable on the dance floor. If Louis starts to play to her strengths, Kendra will relax a bit over time. Either way Kendra is a great girl and she and Louis are having fun on the show for however long they last.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Kendra blamed the producers for trying to ruin her performance with the smoke at the start of her dance in several interviews today. If anyone had a right to complain it would have been Kirstie and she never did about anything to my knowledge in regards to the situation that took place last night.

Kendra does not seem to let things go and it cost her some votes last night The fact she was in the bottom three tonight should be a wake-up call to her.

Otherwise, she will not last much longer.
    I do think she had a point about the smoke machine. Kirstie and Maks had an unfortuante misstep as well, but I don't think that's anything to really complain about. If someone gets a muscle cramp and it impacts your performance, you really can't do much about it. I think they handled it beautifully. The fog really was a little much and I probably would have been just as nervous having to walk down the stairs. I remember a pro dance Jonathan/Anna did last season that seemed to go overboard with the smoke as well. Jonathan dipped Anna to the group, and it looked like she disappeared for a minute. Kendra seems to have issues enough with her nerves, so I doubt this helped. And I don't think this was the real bottom 3 Just the standard 'someone has to be in jeopardy, this week you're it'.

Louis seemed to think very highly of Kendra and appeared to talk very positive about their partnership. It's why I was stunned by the lack of chemistry they had together. But I wonder if it is nerves.

FORT Fogey

This is my first experience with Kendra. I can see why some have a negative response to her but I adore this young woman. She has a filter full of holes but she is genuine and adorable in my eyes. Hank clearly adores this rangey young woman. The story of the billboard being taken down is sad and mean. She is judged harshly; my heart goes out to her.

So she was a stripper and had sex with Hugh, so what? Men are not criticized for random sex or thrown distane for the jobs they hold. I wonder what the people do who criticize her. Waiters, janitors, trash collectors, used car sales, insurance sales, telemarketing, religous freaks at my door... You get my drift. There are many jobs looked down upon by many. It takes everyone to make up our society and they all play an important part. Strippers you say? Sure! Why not? No harm is done.

Kendra has a lot of supporters and passionate fans. I don't think she is a horrible person and she is doing the best she can. Most of the contestants are. I did not mean Kirstie had anything to complain about, but she seems to handle situations differently then most people do. That was point. I also don't think it is a knock on Kendra if she complained about the smoke.

Is Kendra the same way on DWTS as she is on her E! reality shows?

Maybe I need to watch a couple of episodes to gain a better understanding of who she really is as a person.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Kendra has a lot of supporters and passionate fans. I don't think she is a horrible person and she is doing the best she can. Most of the contestants are. I did not mean Kirstie had anything to complain about, but she seems to handle situations differently then most people do. That was point. I also don't think it is a knock on Kendra if she complained about the smoke.

Is Kendra the same way on DWTS as she is on her E! reality shows?

Maybe I need to watch a couple of episodes to gain a better understanding of who she really is as a person.
    Kendra's really no different in her E! show than she is on here. I know she's polarizing with her personality; what makes one person dislike her can be the exact same reason like her. I didn't like her on GND, and I can't say she's any different on her own show. Why I did a 180, I can't really tell you. Kendra came in with a lot of hype, and I think had big expectations by the producers. As a dancer, I think she's got a lot of potential to be worked with, and if she'd break through her shell, I feel would do amazing. I'm glad Louis tweeted those pictures. Must be he reads the message boards

I see what you were saying about Kirstie; both situations were out of the celebs control and could have affected their dances a lot worse. In watching her rumba, I do think it got her off track and maybe that's why the routine suffered a little. I'll go as far as saying I don't think she should have gotten 8s, but we'll never know if her routine would have been any different had it not been for getting eclipsed by the fog. I think she improved last week with her quickstep, but did take a step back this week, even if it was slightly. I do believe her and Louis seemed to connect more, however. I'm not really sure where Kendra is with votes. She's getting some of mine, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's one of the next few to go.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post

@LouisVanAmstel: Having dinner w @KendraWilkinson Hank n friends after a hot night. Back to goofyness....lol

@LouisVanAmstel: This is taken right after dessert!!!!!lmao....

Kendra and Louis relationship is just fine as demonstrated by the above pics and tweets from Louis. Kendra is not dismissive or disrespectful to Louis and he does not have a problem with her. Her response to trying to treat Louis as a romantic lead is just her inability to view him differently than he really is or make their relationship different than what it already is. When she has to treat him as a romantic lead she laughs and can't quite do it, because she doesn't see him that way and it's so different from what he really is to her. Do they have a romantic connection? NO. Their connection is silly, goofy friends who gossip about men and discuss dirty sex jokes (which Louis loves to do and mentioned in an interview he and Kendra had fun doing). She views Louis as that gay guy friend your silly and have fun with. So, to equate him as a romantic lead doesn't compute for her. She would feel the same way about her assistant/good friend Eddie who she goes to gay events with and fully supported when he outed himself to his parents for the first time. Add to that the fact that she's not an actress, has problems showing PDA, especially to someone that's not her husband and you see her problem.

Kendra still had issues even when in the Playboy Mansion during "Girls Next Door" with hiding mirrors and not being able to look in them because she felt she was so ugly. It came up again during her bout with postpartum depression. So, it's not hard to grasp her viewing herself and portraying her self as a lady is difficult for her. That's why I say she would do better with someone like Maks. He has handled adeptly in the past partners who have inner issues. Kendra is just being Kendra. Smelling armpits and other stuff she does is just the type of stuff boys do. If anyone has a true tomboy as a daughter they will see similarities in Kendra. She's a Jock and a tomboy thru and thru. It is Louis job, while making sure to include all the required rules and dynamics of the dances, to adapt the choreography, clothing, and dance to Kendra strengths, personality, and their relationship. Louis needs to play to Kendra's athletic nature and comedic sense. He needs to play more to their silly, funny, comedic connection instead of to a romantic angle as much as the dances will allow. Make some of their dances more about their friendship, fun, and comedy than romance. Kendra will relax into that because that's the true basis of their relationship and connection. There are some people, who are not actors, who have no problem and can easily pretend to be romantic/sexual with anyone no matter whether they are gay, straight, single,or married. An example, although she is an actress, Kirstie can fawn, flirt, and talk about having babies with the likes of Nate Berkus or Maks and all his numerous friends within seconds of meeting them. Kendra is not like that. So, add that with her normal stage fright and you have her being uncomfortable on the dance floor. If Louis starts to play to her strengths, Kendra will relax a bit over time. Either way Kendra is a great girl and she and Louis are having fun on the show for however long they last.

It was mentioned early on that Kendra had wanted someone same sex. Now whether that was fact or whether that was someone's opinion, I don't know; however, regardless, she has to dance with the person she is assigned. She is on TV and therefore she immediately becomes an on the spot actress even if she had no prior on camera time before - which she has had. That isn't even meant to be critical as much to be realistic. It is what it is.

In addition, if Kendra had gotten Maks, who would tall, bigger Kirstie have gotten -smaller Louis as a partner?
    After Maks and Kirstie fell, I read an article on AOL that listed 2 or 3 links to other articles on Kirstie. One of those (past) articles quoted Kirstie, sometime ago, as saying she would like to appear on DWTS with Jonathon!
    I have no idea if she requested him or if he was available or what, but the partnership with Maks has been perfect with Kirstie.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Is this the same Kendra who has the lesbian sex tape? Just read about that today...perhaps it's old news?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    It was mentioned early on that Kendra had wanted someone same sex. Now whether that was fact or whether that was someone's opinion, I don't know; however, regardless, she has to dance with the person she is assigned. She is on TV and therefore she immediately becomes an on the spot actress even if she had no prior on camera time before - which she has had. That isn't even meant to be critical as much to be realistic. It is what it is.

In addition, if Kendra had gotten Maks, who would tall, bigger Kirstie have gotten -smaller Louis as a partner?
    After Maks and Kirstie fell, I read an article on AOL that listed 2 or 3 links to other articles on Kirstie. One of those (past) articles quoted Kirstie, sometime ago, as saying she would like to appear on DWTS with Jonathon!
    I have no idea if she requested him or if he was available or what, but the partnership with Maks has been perfect with Kirstie.
    I had read pre-season that Kendra was hoping for a same sex partnership. Despite the show saying they'd like to do something like that in the future (apparently another DWTS version had on a same sex pairing-I think either Austria or Germany), I doubt they'd pair up two straight participants together. That'd probably be a line they wouldn't want to cross, because a same sex duo when one or both of them is gay/lesbian would bring enough drama to the show.

I wonder what the line up would have been like if Derek had decided to stick around this season. Kirstie, Wendy, and Petra would have been too tall for him, Mark, and Louis. So would they have had 6 females and just 5 males, gotten rid of Louis, or canned one of the above 3 and cast someone else?

And wow! Someone requesting Jonathan? Don't get me wrong, I am loving Kirstie and Maks together, but I wish Jonathan was here for this. He'd actually stand a better shot with Kirstie than any of his previous partners in the last few seasons. At least she would have gotten out of the first elimination rut he was in Despite Jonathan, Alec, and Edyta saying they're done with DWTS, it makes me wonder if they'd be lured back if the show had a huge get and that person was requesting one of those 3 or wouldn't go through with it.

Well, her dance wasn't the best of the night, but I think it at least deserved the same score SR/Anna got. The dress Kendra wore did sort of seem mafia/gangsta waltz. She looked crushed at the end before the judges even said anything. I think she just knows her time is coming. And, like I put in the episode discussion thread, looks like I'll be the only one that'll miss her I like Kendra. I've watched her show, watched her on GND, and followed her throughout. I guess I just "get" her. But, I can totally see why some people don't. I do feel there's more of a connection with her and Louis than it's coming across. He might be just as frustrated on the stage as she is. Something about her rehearsals and how she locks up onstage makes me think that, just like live TV isn't for Brooke, dancing ballroom on live TV isn't for Kendra. I had really high hopes for her, think the potential's there, but she probably isn't going to make it work. She needed to hit it out of the park this week. I'm thinking it's between her and SR tomorrow. I'll miss either one of them.

I did think it was funny they filled the backroom was the fog to mock the issue last week. At least Kendra can be a sport. And I'd love for Hank to be a contestant in the future, though he probably couldn't in the fall due to football commitments.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-12-2011 at 02:39 AM.

It was hard to focus on her and Louis dancing when they kept showing Katherine Jenkins singing beautifully. By the end of their dance Kendra's body language told the tell. She wasn't happy with the way she performed or the judges comments. There were a couple of rough spots and that dance had potential to be one of my favorites. It just wasn't meant to be. She does have the attitude that nothing she does is good enough and maybe she has a point. It is hard to see it that way sometimes.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread