+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

So not a fan of Kendra for many reasons and never have been. She reminds me of a spoiled child who is always used to getting her own way. Guess having old man Hef as her boyfriend taught her that a while ago. She is such NOT a role model of any kind to me. jmo

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian View Post
    I certainly don't see Louis at fault in their pairing and her lack of respect towards him bothers me. I think that aspect adds greatly to why I don't care for her.
    I don't blame Louis, but I'm seeing him in a bit of a different light. Since we don't see every bit of footage, it's hard to really see what's wrong with this partnership (if anything really is and it isn't the editing doing it). I questioned Louis last season allowing Margaret to go ahead with that VW that was horrible, all for the comedy effect, and it backfired. I think he thought because comedy worked well for Niecy (not for me, I got bored with her fast) it would with Margaret. It seems like with his most recent partners since season 9, there's been a gimmick he could use. With Kendra there isn't. He could try the Kelly Osbourne package but I don't think it'll work. I wish she could have had someone else, but they're stuck together. I've watched enough of Kendra that I don't blame her for not settling in to Louis's ways; I look at it like there's guys are pros, they need to adapt to their partners, not have their partners adapt to them and put on a fake front. I mean, their partners need to put in the work ethic and challenge themselves and trust their pro that they know what they're doing. But I think both sides need to meet in the middle, especially if they're differing personalities. Louis usually can no problem adapting and working with any of his partners, but this time something ain't working, for whatever reason. I usually think he's one of the best picks a celeb can get for a pro. Since we don't see everything that goes on, I'll just say they're incompatiable but keep on rooting for them I love Kendra and Louis equally and hope something good happens. It's still early in the season to turn things around.

I thought she did a lot better last night, but I have to agree with some of the posters upthread in that she's been really dismissive toward Louis. I also don't see any connection when they dance.
    I don't agree, though, that she'd do better with a different partner.
    I'm just finding something off putting about her. The pros are the teachers, whether the stars like it or not.
    They are paid to do their best to train these stars and show them in the best and most favored light.
    I do think that, while the dancing was much improved, it was not improved to the point where it deserved the grades that it got.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wish she could have had someone else, but they're stuck together. I've watched enough of Kendra that I don't blame her for not settling in to Louis's ways; I look at it like there's guys are pros, they need to adapt to their partners, not have their partners adapt to them and put on a fake front. I mean, their partners need to put in the work ethic and challenge themselves and trust their pro that they know what they're doing. But I think both sides need to meet in the middle, especially if they're differing personalities.
    I really don't think her having a different partner would make a bit of difference. To me, she is disrespectful to Louis and that is not acceptable. The Pros want their "star" to succeed and put in the time and effort it takes to do so and I'm sure Louis is no exception. I believe that yes she does have to adapt and try to push beyond her comfort zone, get into character and sell the dance. I really don't see her committing to that.

This goes beyond her not having a filter and saying inappropriate things.

Frankly, I think she is just in the wrong parade... ABC is pushing it to think this was a good move...

I think it would be a different dynamic all together if Kendra were partnered with someone else. I've imagined her with Derek or Tony or Maks and I can imagine a whole 'nother ballgame. It seems that Louis isn't embracing her "Kendra Quirkiness" which is why she's still on tv as a popular reality star. It almost makes me wonder if she said something offensive to him early on and he can't let it go. Or maybe he just needs a season off.

Kendra blamed the producers for trying to ruin her performance with the smoke at the start of her dance in several interviews today. If anyone had a right to complain it would have been Kirstie and she never did about anything to my knowledge in regards to the situation that took place last night.

Kendra does not seem to let things go and it cost her some votes last night The fact she was in the bottom three tonight should be a wake-up call to her.

Otherwise, she will not last much longer.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I watched the beginning of the dance again, and while Kendra is still Kendra, she does have a point about the smoke machine. Usually the dry ice is used to float along the floor, but this time they completely enveloped her head-to-toe for several seconds, and while inside the fog she had to turn around and find the steps. I think she has a case here, even though there's nothing to be done about it. I would imagine people would listen more if it had happened to someone else, which kind of reinforces the story she told in her dance this week.

I won't go so far as to say I'm suddenly a Kendra fan, but I had to acknowledge that she has a point about the smoke being a bad idea that the show forced on her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I watched the beginning of the dance again, and while Kendra is still Kendra, she does have a point about the smoke machine. Usually the dry ice is used to float along the floor, but this time they completely enveloped her head-to-toe for several seconds, and while inside the fog she had to turn around and find the steps. I think she has a case here, even though there's nothing to be done about it. I would imagine people would listen more if it had happened to someone else, which kind of reinforces the story she told in her dance this week.

I won't go so far as to say I'm suddenly a Kendra fan, but I had to acknowledge that she has a point about the smoke being a bad idea that the show forced on her.
    Plus, for someone who was already nervous and out of their comfort zones as these performers are, it could make it doubly disconcerting.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Kendra blamed the producers for trying to ruin her performance with the smoke at the start of her dance in several interviews today. If anyone had a right to complain it would have been Kirstie and she never did about anything to my knowledge in regards to the situation that took place last night.

Kendra does not seem to let things go and it cost her some votes last night The fact she was in the bottom three tonight should be a wake-up call to her.

Otherwise, she will not last much longer.
    What would Kirstie possibly have to complain about? That her partner fell because she is a heavy woman??? That is not the shows fault. It was an unfortuante incident but she got over it...even though Maks did not place any of the blame on Kirstie for the fall, Kirstie knew she was partly to blame. And no one is going to convince me different.

As far as Kendra and Louie's relationship goes...if you follow them on twitter you will see that what you are seeing on TV is not how they interact with each other at all. They really have fun together...they tweet pictures all the time of them doing goofy stuff. I think Kendra is just very very intimidated with this dancing thing because she has never thought of herself as graceful, ladylike, etc. and when it comes to a live show and having to perform something that is unfamiliar to her, her nerves take over and she spouts out stuff. She has a wacky sense of humor...she even says things to her husband that seem inappropriate at times.

Kendra is good people regardless of how she got to where she is today.
    Last edited by lvogt524; 04-06-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: wording

+ Reply to Thread