+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    There was a lot of hype about her, per Karalott, prior to the show's premiere.
    She was supposed to be one of the frontrunners.
    I haven't seen that so far.
    Louis is not my favorite pro, but I do find him to be one of the best male pro dancers on the show. Kendra practically toppled him over last week. That was sad to see. More sad, for me, is there is no chemistry whatsoever with their dancing. I feel bad for Louis.
    I'd seen Kendra a couple of times on the Girls Next Door. I've never seen the Kendra show. Sorry, but I'm just not liking her personality or her dancing.
    I think Kendra received a lot of pre-season hype because she was one of the more well known, ripped from the tabloids celebs. And she's Kendra. A lot like Wendy, I think the producers were counting on Kendra showing that zany, larger than life personality that made her popular. And I wouldn't be surprised if they were counting on another Kelly Osbourne-Cinderella story where the former party girl and Playboy bunny gets reformed into an elegant, sophisticated princess (I guess more like Pretty Woman than Kelly Osbourne). However, I just don't think that's Kendra. Since we don't see all that goes on in rehearsals, I don't know if there's a clash of personalities and creative differences, in terms of Louis wanting to make Kendra into something she's not comfortable with. Louis's had a variety of partners over the years, I think nearly all of them coming in with some degree of nerves, non have ever been ringers. So it's not like I don't think he's up to the task. I'm just curious why everything seemed to be just fine pre-premiere, and then it seems like these two don't even like being together. I can't believe Kendra is too much for him, after having Lisa Rinna, Niecy Nash, Margaret Cho, and Kelly as partners. Maybe since he tried a more comedic route with his last two partners, and it didn't really go over well, he's trying to go back to basics

As to their dance tonight, I felt Kendra was more comfortable both with the dancing and with Louis. Something seemed to connect with these two. One of my favorite dances of the night, despite the few mistakes. I still won't be surprised for Kendra to leave early, though. If Wendy survives tomorrow, she's one of my predictions to potentially be on the chopping block. With some viewers, you only get one chance to make an impression, and if you don't, their votes are going elsewhere.

I have been a fan of Kendra for a long time. I was hoping she would do well on DWTS, however, I am rather disappointed. I don't undertand why she got such high scores last night. I didn't think it was good at all.

I respect the fact she is a tomboy, but she could refrain from smelling her armpits, making butt crack jokes and bragging about being a stripper on this show.

Her insecurity is so great that I wonder if she can ever rise above those kinds of antics. She has a good heart, but she just does not have class. Sorry Kendra. I hope you get better in the weeks to come. I'm still pulling for her and Kirsten.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    However, for those who bother to to be open and take the chance to get to really know her, they will find she is a vunerable, endearing, sweet, loyal, kind girl, who is a supportive, loving wife, and a good mother, who is well worth getting to know. There is a reason she has fans and a reason people like her. However, everyone doesn't have to which is the nature of life.
    I don't know how much more open a persons mind can be having not known her prior to DWTS. I find her crass and not at all to my liking and that is based only on her behavior on this show. It is what it is.

As always, people are free to like or dislike someone based on their own preference, so thanks for letting me have my opinion of Kendra. =)

As far as her performance last night, I saw improvement but I felt that they were over scored.

Just a little background on Kendra. When she was on The Girls Next Door, she was really clueless, however, you could tell that she was a good person. I saw her interactions with others and it looked like she always kept a modest assessment of who she was. She never thought herself better than others because of money or fame. When she left, the mansion staff was sad to see her go and even Heff's personal assistant, had high regard for Kendra and they still visit each other.

When Kendra and Hank left Philly, the staff of the apt. building they were staying sent the kindest letter telling them how much Kendra nad Hank meant to them and how down to earth and friendly they were to all of them. She didn't talk down to the staff, but like they were her equals and when they helped her, she was very thankful.

Those kind of things speak volumnes about people IMO. There is a saying that "Your true character can be determined based on how you treat people who can do absolutely nothing for you." I think that is true.

While those are very admirable qualities to possess (and I'm not saying Kendra does not), her behavior on this show alone completely turns me off. She may be the greatest person in the world and have legions of fans, but what she has shown to me on this show, I do not care for her. And to each his own.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian View Post
    While those are very admirable qualities to possess (and I'm not saying Kendra does not), her behavior on this show alone completely turns me off. She may be the greatest person in the world and have legions of fans, but what she has shown to me on this show, I do not care for her. And to each his own.
    I can honestly say I hadn't paid much attention to her until last nite. What caught my attention was the way she was speaking of Louis ~ and it did come across negative ~ intended or not. This is to someone who had absolutely no opinion of her beforehand, because I'd never even heard of her, quite honestly.

Louis has always been a dedicated pro who has worked diligently to bring out the best in his dance partners, even when there was a minimum to build on.

Regardless of whether or not Kendra feels any kind of chemistry with him, she should keep her thoughts to herself and play the role of the dance. She isn't doing herself any favors, nor would any of the other celebs, when comments about their pro come off as negative, regardless of intention.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think this is just how Kendra is, and has always been, so she probably doesn't see anything wrong with it. Plus, she might expect her fans to want this side of her, even if it totally alienates others. That's why she became Kendra. It could also be just nerves getting in the way and this is her way of dealing with it as well. Which could go along with the theory they're aiming for a Cinderella story line with her, and she's not going along with the plan. I do enjoy Kendra, though it disappoints me that something isn't right on the show with her. There's a disconnect. I kind of wish now she had gotten a different partner, as I think that might have made the difference (at least she didn't get Mark). But I wish Louis could have sat out for the season and they brought someone else in to partner her. I can't blame Kendra for being Kendra. I would probably think less of her if she did hold back and tried to cater to whatever Louis and the show wanted in terms of her image.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-05-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    I can honestly say I hadn't paid much attention to her until last nite. What caught my attention was the way she was speaking of Louis ~ and it did come across negative ~ intended or not.
    She was dismissive of him last night, and I quite honestly found it offensive. That and pulling away during one particular dance move in training with a moue of distaste, like a child about to be kissed by a bewhiskered great aunt. I now have less trouble seeing why Louis doesn't seem quite as happy this season, and I like her even less than I did before.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I certainly don't see Louis at fault in their pairing and her lack of respect towards him bothers me. I think that aspect adds greatly to why I don't care for her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian View Post
    I certainly don't see Louis at fault in their pairing and her lack of respect towards him bothers me. I think that aspect adds greatly to why I don't care for her.
    I can accept that she is a tomboy and wants to stay one although now I frankly am having trouble with all of this part about being the lady and coming across with lady like sexiness rather than just being a tomboy. When she pulled it off last night, my daughter who was half-way watching and half-way doing something else responded to my comment of, "That was really quite good," with, "Wouldn't you expect her to be able to do sexy well?" like duh! what is the big deal here? Given Kendra's background, I guess Kendra, the tomboy bit, and the playboy sex bunny bit somehow don't all add up. <head scratch>

What really bothered me was Kendra's lack of respect for Louis, who is a proven, successful pro. He has proven himself with past contestants, he choreographs many of the pro numbers, and he has guest choreographed for So You Think You Can Dance.
    I have had a soft spot personally for Tony, but measure for measure, Louis is every bit as good as the rest of the pros, so I can't see why Kendra should have been given someone else.
    Tony got Kate....do I need to say anything else?

Someone mentioned Trista who is the absolute icon for the The Bachelor/Bachelorette Franchise because she is the only lead out of 21 seasons who has married the person who was originally picked at the end. She married her first choice and has 2 children by him. She is trotted out every couple of years for an update and praise report.

I did not see DWTS Season 1, but it was my understanding that Trista who was newly married got it in her head that she did not want to do the Latin moves because they were too sexy ( and intimate). Although Ryan proved to be an understanding guy, Trista worried about what Ryan would think or feel.
    Louis did not stand a chance with Trista that season.

As far as Louis and Kendra, I think she needs to filter what she thinks about dancing with Louis, and just dance.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

+ Reply to Thread