+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

It is so funny that so many people that are famous for or get work because of their looks are so insecure. However, what do you have to do to be naturally beautiful but be born. Kendra is realizing on DWTS that it takes more than beauty to get by. She obviously has a lot of insecurity still to overcome, and like above poster stated this is not the venue to do it in.

I must say that this season of DWTS has opened my eyes even wider to a huge problem in this Country. Kirstie is a beautiful dancer yet we are making her have so many problems because we are creating insecurity for her. Why would anyone say anything about her weight? She is an amazing person, she is dancing well, and I cannot believe how harsh people are towards things so petty as weight. Than on the other hand, we bash Kendra for being a bad dancer, and acting like because she is so beautiful and has such a nice body she is supposed to be perfect.

I have a feeling that being on this show is not going to do Kendra any favors in her lack of self esteem, and I feel that for a family friendly show the way Kirstie is labeled is just in poor taste. I am liking this season because of the complete lack of favoritism towards one dancer or pro, but I am tired of all the stereotyping and petty name calling the media is doing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    It is so funny that so many people that are famous for or get work because of their looks are so insecure. However, what do you have to do to be naturally beautiful but be born. Kendra is realizing on DWTS that it takes more than beauty to get by. She obviously has a lot of insecurity still to overcome, and like above poster stated this is not the venue to do it in.

I must say that this season of DWTS has opened my eyes even wider to a huge problem in this Country. Kirstie is a beautiful dancer yet we are making her have so many problems because we are creating insecurity for her. Why would anyone say anything about her weight? She is an amazing person, she is dancing well, and I cannot believe how harsh people are towards things so petty as weight. Than on the other hand, we bash Kendra for being a bad dancer, and acting like because she is so beautiful and has such a nice body she is supposed to be perfect.

I have a feeling that being on this show is not going to do Kendra any favors in her lack of self esteem, and I feel that for a family friendly show the way Kirstie is labeled is just in poor taste. I am liking this season because of the complete lack of favoritism towards one dancer or pro, but I am tired of all the stereotyping and petty name calling the media is doing.
    I am also liking this season due to it really being a wide open field (and not just a fake story line the producers are creating-I think they tried the whole unpredictable, anyone's tacky trophy for the last 2 seasons). I really have no problem with Kendra being the way she is. That's just her. Hopefully DWTS proves a lesson for her. Playboy, stripping, hard partying, and Kendra's actions and attitude may not be what I'd want for my child, but life is always a growing experience. I don't like to say it's because she's a young naive woman who's been pampered the last few years and has a show that she's used to calling the shots on and where fans have grown to appreciate her for who she is. I don't think Kendra's perfect, I wish she'd watch what she'd say, and I do hope she gains something from DWTS. Kendra seems to lose all confidence when she hits the dance floor. I don't blame her being uncomfortable dancing sexy dances with Louis; it's not the first time celebs have made the issue (either being serious or joking) about dancing a sexy rumba or samba with their pro while married or engaged. Laila/Maks's rumba in season 4 was one of the best where Maks produced a sheet he said he made her fiance sign so he wouldn't hurt him for coming on to his girl through the character of the dance Kendra and I may not have the exact background, ambitions, personality or attitude traits in common. Far from it. However, I relate more to her than an Ivy League grad seen on the early seasons of The Apprentice. As for Kirstie, I couldn't agree with you more on that point as well. I'd rather see Hollywood more full of actors and actresses who have curves and carry them probably, rather than people worrying they'd be promoting obesity and an unhealthy lifestyle I think Kirstie has amazing confidence for all she's dealt with in her weight struggle. I wish Kendra could find the same self esteem boost. Louis is the perfect partner for her. While it makes me wonder if she would have fared better with someone else, I think he's a better fit than Mark would have been. He knows how to mold her, she just needs to let him. I will be rooting for them this week to do better. If not, it's probably in Kendra's best interest she gets voted off the show asap. And I think the media needs to focus on better issues over whether someone gained a few pounds, lead false speculation over who's getting married, who has an eating disorder, and who's rumored to have a baby bump for the 100th time in 2 months.

Man, this is getting bad:
    Kendra Wilkinson: Carrie Ann Inaba 'Belittled and Embarrassed' Me

By Dahvi Shira
    Sunday April 17, 2011 08:00 AM EDT

Elegance is in the eyes of the beholder according to Kendra Wilkinson, not in the eyes of Carrie Ann Inaba.

"We have our own definition," Wilkinson told reporters following the Dancing with the Stars elimination on Tuesday, after Inaba said she seemed to be "afraid of elegance" during her performance the night before. "Elegance is what [my husband] Hank [Baskett] sees, not what Carrie Ann sees. That's what I care about."

The reality star admits that right after Inaba's comment, she felt "like giving up."

"Another woman telling me about elegance eats away at my ego," she said. "I'm a huge Carrie Ann fan, and she's [usually] so sweet, but that one comment – I felt belittled at that moment and embarrassed."

Wilkinson makes it clear that she does take her time on the show seriously, but not too seriously.

"This is great, and a time of my life I will look back on, but it's not my life," she said. "My life is my family memories. We just bought a new home. That right there means the world to me."

"Why am I listening to people that I don't care about?" Wilkinson continued. "I'm out here to have a good time – to be Kendra and dance and shake my butt – not to be a professional dancer."
    She has issues that run way to deep for her to handle being on this show. The way she always brings Hank into any situation (dancing romantically with Louis, for example), it seems as if he is her whole support system, maybe to the point where she is overly shielded from the outside world. Maybe I'm offbase, I know nothing about her and I don't watch whatever show she's on. But I have to say, I don't think she should have done this show, not in her current state anyway.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

She has issues that run way to deep for her to handle being on this show. The way she always brings Hank into any situation (dancing romantically with Louis, for example), it seems as if he is her whole support system, maybe to the point where she is overly shielded from the outside world. Maybe I'm offbase, I know nothing about her and I don't watch whatever show she's on. But I have to say, I don't think she should have done this show, not in her current state anyway.
    I don't like playing armchair psychologist, but I do think Kendra is an insecure wreck. I think there was something going into this for her that obviously isn't happening. Plus, if she really felt she captured the dance and spirit and has the judges tell her otherwise, I can see where it's an ego bruiser (look at Mark). I just don't think Kendra likes being in an arena where she can openly be judge (enough of that can go on without being on the show), and maybe not having control over what's edited and her own destiny. She has to listen to Louis, the producers can put in or take out any context of what she says. I think Kendra has her audience (I still love her), but it's not the DWTS audience. Which is sad, as I was really looking forward to seeing her on the show. So even though I'll be sad to see her go, I hope she does get kicked off this week before anything else happens. And she must not know CA can hold a grudge if you dare say anything about her judging. Kendra will probably be better off and have more success pursuing her other ventures beyond DWTS.

But she is getting a little help:

Kelly Osbourne Defends Kendra Wilkinson’s ‘Dancing’ Complaints | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

PASADENA, Calif. --
    Kelly Osbourne is sticking up for Kendra Wilkinson’s behavior on “Dancing with the Stars.”

In recent weeks, the former “Girl Next Door” has gotten criticism in the press and in online communities for complaining about everything from the judges comments and fog machines keeping her from being able to see the dance floor, to her partner – Kelly’s own former Season 9 “Dancing” partner — Louis van Amstel. Kelly, however, thinks it’s all part of the course.

“Your spending so much time with each other, you’re working until you’re absolutely at the brink of exhaustion if not past it,” Kelly said after her panel for E!’s “Fashion Police” at the NBC Universal Summer Press Day 2011 in Pasadena, Calif., noting that during her own “DWTS” season, she too sparred with Louis.

Kelly suggested the celebrity contestants end up voicing their opinions in the heat of the moment on “Dancing” because it’s a very tough competition.

“You can’t help but complain when you’re doing it, but that’s what’s so fun about it in the sense that you fight for it and you keep going even though you don’t want to,” she said. “And once you learn it and you get it, it’s the best feeling ever.”

Kelly, an E! “Fashion Police” panelist added, however, that she believes the competition was harder during her season.

“[During] our season, they learned a lot of lessons because… That’s why it bums me out when people complain, because we had the hardest season ever,” she said. “At one point we were doing five routines a week and no one has ever done it before or since because it is that exhausting.”
    Last edited by karalott; 04-17-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

I agree that interview reminded me of the saying... "methinks thou doth protest too much" If CA saying that hit a nerve, it's probably to close to the truth about how she feels about herself. I feel sorry for the girl, any girl really that feels like she has to earn a living the way she did. Good for her that she's changing her life course - but she's still got away to go IMO and doing reality shows is probably not the way to go about it.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I never remember Kelly acting out the way Kendra seems to be now.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I never remember Kelly acting out the way Kendra seems to be now.
    If she did, the producers chose not to show it in the editing of the rehearsal clips.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I remember Kelly breaking down crying once. I do think she and Louis butted heads a couple of times, but nothing major (that they showed us). I do agree with her that season 9 was probably the hardest, dance wise, of any season. Kelly forgot one of her routines half way through. It was crazy with all the individual, group, and team dances they had.

This girl needs to go - now, and she needs to stay quiet for a while. She won't. Can you imagine what her exit interviews are going to be like??

The only way I knew who Kendra was , was from her constantly being written up in People. She must have stock in or a connection to that magazine. For a while, I learned "How HanK Proposed," "When Hank felt the Baby Kick," "Kendra is ready for __ now that the Baby's Here"! She definitely likes being in the limelight! I'm sorry, but she has no shame and no class IMO. She constantly blames everyone else and everything else for her mistakes, a sign of immaturity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it comes from within. I don't think she's that attractive to begin with, and her words and actions make her less so. I'm sure her husband does and that's all that matters.

As for Kelly defending her -- don't they both work for the same network??
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

the Michael Bolton factor rears it head

+ Reply to Thread