+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by mize77 View Post
    One of the things that has surprised me about this show is that women who are used to telling all and showing all are very uncomfortable with expressing themselves in dancing. Look at Kendra, Holly Madison, and Kim Kardashian. These women have exposed every part of their bodies but can't seem to loosen up when they dance. Either that or they have no talent at all, but I always thought the ability was there, just not the comfort.
    You know you're right about that! Expose your naked body for a camera, no problem, but dance across the room in a gown, OMG, they can't take it. I guess it's what you are used to. LOL

Holly and Kim left early. It was a miracle that Kate Gosselin stayed around as long as she did. I think the reality constestants just have a difficult time for some reason.

"Kendra Wilkinson Defends Her Response To ‘Dancing’ Judge Carrie Ann Inaba"

On Tuesday night’s “Dancing with the Stars,” Kendra Wilkinson tried to laugh off her sassy Monday response to judge Carrie Ann Inaba’s comments suggesting that she needed to amp up her elegance, by blaming “hormones.” But the former “Girl Next Door” was singing a different tune after the show.

“I really, in that moment, I felt, the way she said it, it was like, you know, ‘You’re afraid to be elegant.’ I’m like, ‘I’m not afraid to be elegant, that’s not the word of the night,’” Kendra told Access Hollywood’s Shaun Robinson last night after the show. “I mean, I was working on my posture, I was working on getting through the dance. The word of the night was not elegance and I don’t know, it’s just she told me I was afraid of elegance and it got tangled up in my emotions and it didn’t sit well with me.”

On the actual night, Carrie did suggest Kendra was afraid of elegance while waltzing with her professional partner, Louis van Amstel. The reality beauty responded with, “I just don’t care about it,” with a shrug, before turning her head away.

She told “DWTS” co-host Brooke Burke on Tuesday of her snap back, “the hormones took over yesterday. It’s one of those womanly things that happened yesterday.”

“In Kendra’s defense, she was saying right after, ‘Just kidding!’ kind of joking,” Kendra’s partner, Louis van Amstel told Shaun.

Kendra and Louis managed to escape elimination last night, despite having the lowest score on the leaderboard for the week – just 18 out of 30, and as a result, they are already getting geared up for next week’s competition.

“Foxtrot,” Louis said of their upcoming dance. “It’s American week so it’s going to be all patriotic songs and apparently we have one that is famous. I have no idea. But then again I have an excuse, I’m not born American.”

Kendra Wilkinson Defends Her Response To ‘Dancing’ Judge Carrie Ann Inaba | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

More in depth conversation in video from that page. They cut out the middle of conversation and Kendra & Louisstatements because they want you to watch video for full interview:

Why Did Kendra Wilkinson Get Emotional On ‘Dancing’? | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

I'll be back to comment later. Busy couple of days for me, lol

good lord, she needs to just shut up. This did not help at all...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Regarding some posts that were already made, I think I get where Kendra's coming from. On GND and her own show, she is who she is and got her popularity based on her outrageous personality. Seeing someone go from being one of Hef's girlfriends to getting married, moving out, being a football wife, and starting a family probably adds to why people get into her. At work, I've been surprised at who are fans of Kendra and why/how they relate to her. A couple of girls enjoy watching her as a new mom because they are new moms themselves. I don't know, I think it's the different takes on the two shows. On E!, Kendra is who she is-very outspoken and not afraid to share what's on her mind, whether it's TMI or what. Translate to DWTS, which is likely a very different audience on a family friendly (I guess) network, and people being exposed to her for the first time-yeah, Louis needs to keep her in line. I think Kendra can still bring out her spunk, she just needs to realize this isn't the Kendra crowd. I think Kendra had a great opportunity to again showcase herself outside of being a former Playboy bunny but obviously that hasn't gone to plan. I think next week will be interesting. Obviously a lot will be made about her remark this week and the aftermath. Louis's a pro at this and has had his share of partners who need focus. I think I get why he gets the Kelly, Niecy, and Kendra types (along with being requested by some of them). He can probably handle it easier. I think he can bring the dancer out in Kendra even more but he needs to make her comfortable with the choreography, which I don't think she has been the last two weeks. I'll keep on rooting for these two, and hope they improve. Next week will be their big shot. I'd much rather see Kendra stick around over Chelsea/Mark.

One of the things that has surprised me about this show is that women who are used to telling all and showing all are very uncomfortable with expressing themselves in dancing. Look at Kendra, Holly Madison, and Kim Kardashian. These women have exposed every part of their bodies but can't seem to loosen up when they dance. Either that or they have no talent at all, but I always thought the ability was there, just not the comfort.
    I remember being amazed at how wooden and scared Kim seemed. For someone who got famous the way she did, and seemed to have no shame and oozed sex appeal, she really just froze on the dance floor and was horrible. Funny, too, that I used to think Kim Kardashian was scraping the bottom of the casting barrel. With some of our recent picks, I think she'd be considered more of a star than a few recent bad hoofers. I don't think Mark helped her out, just like with Holly I don't think Dmitry cared enough with her. Holly I think had some potential to improve, though I think Kendra is a better dancer. Wendy surprised me this season as well that she really held back in her personality.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-14-2011 at 12:05 AM.

I know you really like her, but I think the problem is more than her dancing.
    On DWTS, you need to connect with your partner and with the audience.
    I just haven't seen her do either. Sorry.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I think she feels it would be betraying Hank to do so. She is self concious about acting that part.

I know it sounds like I am always defending Kendra, but I think she is taking a crash course in many things right now and she is having great difficulty with it. I think she is still naive about many things.

We know from her shows that she is quite stubborn. I wonder if she knows what blogs are saying about her and has just decided to dig her heels in and do it her way. It's just difficult for me to believe that she doesn't understand that she is turning off the viewers, not engaging them with her behavior.

Has anyone seen her mother or grandmother there to support her? I know they live in the area.

That's an interesting point, as I never watch the E! shows so I don't know anything about Kendra. Unfortunately for her, DWTS has never been a good place for people with insecurities to work out their problems. In order to survive and not seem out of place, you at least have to have the basic understanding that your primary purpose is to be entertaining, whether you dance well or not. If you're bad, be bad with some grace and keep a sense of humor about it. If you're good, have fun and be gracious in victory. But stars who don't understand this, and get stuck in their own heads and seem like party-poopers, come off looking really bad, because a show like this isn't about heroes vs. villains. You're only a villain if you're not having a good time.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I knew nothing about Kendra before this show and had no opinion of her before. Now, I just want to see her voted out and go home. In addition to her attitude, her dance is not good. Her upper body is awkward and wooden; she has no fluidity of movement. I like to see Louis do well, but not with this partner.

Same here, I knew nothing about her.I agree 100% with what you said

Kendra was on The Jay Leno Show tonight and this is what she had to say in regards to DWTS...

When asked if she thought she could win Dancing WIth the Stars at this point, however, she said...No!

"I did [enter to win it], but now you see the real competition, you see who I'm against. I really get a good feel for who's out there, and I'm like, 'Man, that Chelsea is amazing!' She is on fire!"

It's just like the judges told her: Confidence, Kendra, confidence!
    Kendra Was Invited to Hugh Hefner's Wedding by Email! - E! Online
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread